Author Topic: 5K reward for info  (Read 8215 times)

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »
On 2006-06-26 14:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-06-26 09:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You must have missed this post by a former SCL employee. Fact is, they drop kids for financial and arbitrary reasons, nice try, though. :wave:

On 2006-06-24 23:01:00, Irish Mom wrote:

"

On 2006-06-24 22:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"To the Anon poster who seems to know how the WWASP programs operate:

Would adult staff make the decision to drop a Jr. Staff back down to level l ?"

This is also a tactic used to keep kids in the program longer and milk their folks for more money.  I've seen kids hit level 6 and be dropped for a totally bogus reason.  Some Family Reps are notorious for this, because they get a bonus depending upon their numbers.  Cliff Payne is the biggest ass about doing this.  He gets off on the power he has to do this at his whim."

"

Maybe she's a former employee because she doesn't have a clue. Was she fired? Why did she work there for a year if she thought it was so awful? Cliff P. wasn't even a family rep. "

Just because I'm a former employee doesn't mean I was fired and how do you know how long I was or wasn't there unless this is someone who still works there just being an asshole troll?  I've also explained before why I stayed as long as I did and I don't feel I need to justify it to someone that posts anonymously.  Why don't you come out and say who you are?

Anyway, I never said Cliff was a Family Rep.  I said he was the biggest ass for dropping kids for no reason.  You, as the SCL employee that I think you are, should know this.  The kids are afraid of crossing the "little red faced prick" as he is known to them, for fear of getting dropped.  
Crawl back under your bridge ya nasty troll!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Despair or folly?  It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.  We do not.  It is wisdom to recognize neccessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false h

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »
On 2006-06-26 16:31:00, Irish Mom wrote:

"

"

"You must have missed this post by a former SCL employee. Fact is, they drop kids for financial and arbitrary reasons, nice try, though. :wave:

"

This is also a tactic used to keep kids in the program longer and milk their folks for more money.  I've seen kids hit level 6 and be dropped for a totally bogus reason.  Some Family Reps are notorious for this, because they get a bonus depending upon their numbers.  Cliff Payne is the biggest ass about doing this.  He gets off on the power he has to do this at his whim."

"

Maybe she's a former employee because she doesn't have a clue. Was she fired? Why did she work there for a year if she thought it was so awful? Cliff P. wasn't even a family rep. "

Just because I'm a former employee doesn't mean I was fired and how do you know how long I was or wasn't there unless this is someone who still works there just being an asshole troll?  I've also explained before why I stayed as long as I did and I don't feel I need to justify it to someone that posts anonymously.  Why don't you come out and say who you are?

Anyway, I never said Cliff was a Family Rep.  I said he was the biggest ass for dropping kids for no reason.  You, as the SCL employee that I think you are, should know this.  The kids are afraid of crossing the "little red faced prick" as he is known to them, for fear of getting dropped.  

Crawl back under your bridge ya nasty troll!"

Were you this vindictive to the kids? Tsk, tsk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »
Gotta get in the last word, eh troll? I'm guessing you are some graduate with nothing better to do. Why would you, it's not like you have any friends!  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2006, 11:41:00 PM »
Yep, you explained you more-or-less stayed for the money, and that you don't come forward to protect the kids still beging abused there, because--why was it? You're protecting your own kid. Think that was it, huh concerned MOM?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »
And NO, I am not some GRAUDATE from there.

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 02:21:00 AM »
On 2006-06-26 20:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yep, you explained you more-or-less stayed for the money, and that you don't come forward to protect the kids still beging abused there, because--why was it? You're protecting your own kid. Think that was it, huh concerned MOM?"

Oh yeah...I stayed for the money.  What a laugh!  Since you work there you should know that the money sucks!  If you work group living you only make around $7.50 an hour, and for the work that's expected of you that's nothing.  Besides, I never said I stayed for the money.

What do you mean I'm "protecting my own kid"?  Isn't that what parents are supposed to do?  Oh wait that's only when you DON'T put your kids in a place like Spring Creek.  By the way, what have you done lately to protect the kids still being abused there?  You have no idea what I'm doing about it so shut the fuck up.

Geez, for a person that isn't a program grad and isn't an SCL employee you sure seem to know a lot about how the program runs and who it's staff are...hmmm...I still think you're a fucking troll or someone still working there...same thing.

Why is it that the ones that talk so much shit on here and are so critical of others always post anonymously.  Makes ya wonder.   :???:
Despair or folly?  It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.  We do not.  It is wisdom to recognize neccessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false h

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »
On 2006-06-26 20:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-06-26 16:31:00, Irish Mom wrote:

"

"

"

"

Crawl back under your bridge ya nasty troll!"

Were you this vindictive to the kids? Tsk, tsk."

Want to explain what was "vindictive" about anything I said?  What's the matter, can't handle a little truth about your employer?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »
On 2006-06-26 20:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yep, you explained you more-or-less stayed for the money, and that you don't come forward to protect the kids still beging abused there, because--why was it? You're protecting your own kid. Think that was it, huh concerned MOM?"

Nah, IM already admitted she tried to get the kids to tell her they were abused, but they wouldn't. Not to be too simplistic, but maybe it's because they aren't abused.

Offline StellerJay

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »
The simple fact that this kid was beaten by other children at SCL shows that some (maybe all?) of the kids are most likely being abused. Staff should have been on top of it--I have worked with adults and youth who are extremely mentally ill, and we NEVER had an incident remotely like this, even when we were short staffed. If staff do their job, do it right and keep these kids safe, the chance of someone being beaten is preventable. TROLL/ANON: even you cant deny that staff were not doing their job. Responsiblity is to be taken even if they were 'not in the room' when this happened (which I doubt). And by the way, we are talking about the boy and his family, not what kind of a person IM is--she's proven herself and her intentions here plenty of times so give it up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
On 2006-06-27 08:26:00, StellerJay wrote:

"The simple fact that this kid was beaten by other children at SCL shows that some (maybe all?) of the kids are most likely being abused. Staff should have been on top of it--I have worked with adults and youth who are extremely mentally ill, and we NEVER had an incident remotely like this, even when we were short staffed. If staff do their job, do it right and keep these kids safe, the chance of someone being beaten is preventable. TROLL/ANON: even you cant deny that staff were not doing their job. Responsiblity is to be taken even if they were 'not in the room' when this happened (which I doubt). And by the way, we are talking about the boy and his family, not what kind of a person IM is--she's proven herself and her intentions here plenty of times so give it up."

An incident between kids proves they're all being abused by adults? Now that's an extraordinary line of reasoning.

Staff were not doing their job? An even more impressive conclusion, considering the lack of available information.

There is no way to know what kind of person IM is, or if anything she (?) claims is true; a user name does not cast off anonymity or bestow authority.

Your own experience with "extremely mentally ill" people may not even be relevant, because it isn't established that these kids are mentally ill.

I guess the big question is, with folks like you who can garner so much wisdom from so few facts, why do we bother with archaic institutions like the justice system?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
I really wish we could reach these kids with information before they get sent off, so we could equip them with the mental and emotional tools to resist the damage.

For example, many kids fall into the trap of cooperating with the program because they believe it will get them sent home earlier, particularly if they have a lot of time until they age out of program control.

The truth is that they're likely to be in the program until their parents run out of insurance or money.  At that time, they're likely to go home no matter what their behavior in the program was like.

So with that being the case, the best way of surviving the program would be to play the game *except* the aspects of it that would do actual harm.  To play the game except for abusing or reporting other kids, to play the game except for the seminars.

Yes, I know this isn't playing the game at all and will get the kid dropped or pressured----the point being that is going to happen anyway until the parents run out of money.

So playing the game, specifically including making up personal prior traumas, but not doing harm, gets the kid out of the most hassle for the least long term harm to the kid.

The best personal prior traumas to make up would be traumas that are verifiably (later) impossibly untrue.  For example, Grandpa Joe dies when you're five and you allege he raped you when you were ten.  The program will accept the made up trauma uncritically because it's what they want to hear.  Yet, if they ever try to use it against the kid at a later date, the kid can prove it never happened and was made up to get the program off their back.

All intimate personal revelations to a therapist should be copious, made up, and untrue in verifiable ways---as verifiable as possible.

If we could only get the kids to plan ahead.  I know that's against the nature of kids, but many of these kids are okay and just have freaky parents.

*sigh*

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »
Actually the best way out is through.

No, not through the program's levels. That's a joke.

The best way to get out is to perform some act of unimaginable violence that they can't possibly keep you in after that. Biting someone as hard as you possibly can will probably work, particularly if it's done out of the clear blue sky. Thumbs in eyeballs also will likely work. Sharp objects are better. Don't fuck around. Drive them blind.

You might get sent to jail, but jail's better.

Edit: This is just one of those posts where I know some cockbite is going to think it's legally actionable, so I'll just say this: If you were getting raped by your dad or beaten by your mom, and were unable to go to the authorities, I'd give similar advice.

It is morally and ethically right for you to do anything you can to get out of an abusive situation.

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2006, 07:51:00 PM »
On 2006-06-27 16:33:00, Milk Gargling Death Penalty wrote:

"Actually the best way out is through.

No, not through the program's levels. That's a joke.

The best way to get out is to perform some act of unimaginable violence that they can't possibly keep you in after that. Biting someone as hard as you possibly can will probably work, particularly if it's done out of the clear blue sky. Thumbs in eyeballs also will likely work. Sharp objects are better. Don't fuck around. Drive them blind.

You might get sent to jail, but jail's better."

Actually this isn't a very good idea.  Most the kids that hit "zero tolerance" don't get sent home, but get sent to an even worse place...Tranquility Bay.  Almost every kid that I saw get booted out of SCL went there or to another program.  Very few went home.  I guess if your idea of a better place is the hell hole called TB, then go for it.  We actually had one kid that did try the biting thing.  He was just a little bitty guy, but he could bite like hell!  He was sent to Jamaica and as far as I know is still there.  The staff he bit several times is still working at SCL.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »
Then his parents need to be tracked down and informed of their son's true condition. Now. This isn't going to end well.

Mexico did a raid. Why won't the Jamaican authorities?

This isn't a game or a joke. This shit has got to stop.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »
Why the hell didn't I do this earlier?

*fires off a carefully-worded, highly respectful email to the Jamaican cabinet*[ This Message was edited by: Milk Gargling Death Penalty on 2006-06-27 17:14 ]