Author Topic: 5K reward for info  (Read 8213 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 01:38:00 AM »
To the Anon poster who seems to know how the WWASP programs operate:
Would adult staff make the decision to drop a Jr. Staff back down to level l ?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »
Would adult staff make the decision to drop a Jr. Staff back down to level l?

Well, you have to understand the strange culture that is WWASPS. The upper level kids and staff could have viewed this kid as having it too easy, making it to upper levels so quickly. They might of felt he needed to be "challenged" (a big program word). This happens with a lot of kids on upper levels. I've seen them drop kids from the upper levels to level one for a week or two, then they get to go back to upper levels, only the kid had no idea it was temporary. It's a mindfuck strategy. Make the kid feel that at ANY time, all the hard work he put into the program, could be for nothing. It all comes down to what the others (staff and upper levels) in the program think of him, not what he actually does. It's kind of hard to explain. But, I have seen this done many times. Especially to the kids who make it to upper levels really fast without being dropped repeatedly while in lower levels.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 01:50:00 AM »
Another thing... that might have been why the kid ran. If he was on upper levels, on his way to graduating as the article says, he would not have tried to run. I suspect, the psychological shock of being dropped on a whim hit him so hard, he realized it was all for nothing, and he lost any sort of hope. That's the only reason a kid would run, because there is no where to go. Or he could of been afraid for his safety, maybe he knew the beating was coming in advance.
I bet they dropped him to level one as part of the program strategy (challenge him, make him stay longer, more parents money, etc) and he, seeing the program in a rational sense, realized no matter how much work he did, it would be fruitless.
This is all speculation, of course.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 01:52:00 AM »
Thanks for explanation.

Was also thinking: Perhaps this younger brother showed up and may have thought he might expect "privileges" since his older brother was Jr. Staff. So, maybe he was dropped from Jr. Staff to make a BIG IMPRESSION on both these brothers. To remind them EXACTLY who was in control.  Something like that.

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »
On 2006-06-24 22:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"To the Anon poster who seems to know how the WWASP programs operate:

Would adult staff make the decision to drop a Jr. Staff back down to level l ?"

This is also a tactic used to keep kids in the program longer and milk their folks for more money.  I've seen kids hit level 6 and be dropped for a totally bogus reason.  Some Family Reps are notorious for this, because they get a bonus depending upon their numbers.  Cliff Payne is the biggest ass about doing this.  He gets off on the power he has to do this at his whim.
Despair or folly?  It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.  We do not.  It is wisdom to recognize neccessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false h

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »
Irish Mom: did you have experience with siblings being enrooled at the same facility? I believe this boy's younger brother showing up had a lot to do with him being dropped to Level 1 and with him being beat up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »
Has the ante been upped yet?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »
5k is about what a parent gets for 2 months referrals to WWASPS in tuition credits.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 02:09:00 AM »
The kid looks like a pussy anyway. Why is he crying about a little scuffle?

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
On 2006-06-24 22:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Would adult staff make the decision to drop a Jr. Staff back down to level l?

Well, you have to understand the strange culture that is WWASPS. The upper level kids and staff could have viewed this kid as having it too easy, making it to upper levels so quickly. They might of felt he needed to be "challenged" (a big program word). This happens with a lot of kids on upper levels. I've seen them drop kids from the upper levels to level one for a week or two, then they get to go back to upper levels, only the kid had no idea it was temporary. It's a mindfuck strategy. Make the kid feel that at ANY time, all the hard work he put into the program, could be for nothing. It all comes down to what the others (staff and upper levels) in the program think of him, not what he actually does. It's kind of hard to explain. But, I have seen this done many times. Especially to the kids who make it to upper levels really fast without being dropped repeatedly while in lower levels.

"

This is used at some of the more strict facilities which on a scale of 1-10 I think we all know where WWASPS lies. It is a complete mindfuck. In their sick minds they think they are doing good by seeing how a kid handles that kind of devestation.

I would understand if it wasn't as strict. But, having all rights stripped, and then getting to the highest level where it's bearable...........only to have yourself right back in hell...........it's enough to make someone want to kill themselves, which they have...........or try to run.................which they have..........and I have done on several occasions.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 11:07:00 AM »
On 2006-06-26 06:19:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"I heard and did it myself where kids were tested via various schemes at Three Springs,but never were they deprived of a level. I have to agree with CCM whole heartedly in her assesment that dropping a kid a level can lead to some pretty extreme reactions.

Pretty damn sick.

Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less confusing that way.
--Unknown

"

And the assumption, as usual, is that it was done TO the kid, not BY the kid. How pathetic that so many people consider these kids helpless. That, by the way, is what lands them in trouble at home.

Reality: No one "drops" anyone; kids make poor choices, and lose points for it. It's expected, because even when kids have learned enough to succeed and get on upper levels, they'll test the waters. That's a good thing. The program's upper levels provide a safe place to make some mistakes, and then see what you learn from it. It's just not all that sinister.

Usually, an upper level student who drops will spend only a short time on lower levels because they already understand the tenets of accountability. Once they recognize what choices they made and what they might have done differently, staff, therapists, and teachers support having them returned to upper levels.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
You must have missed this post by a former SCL employee. Fact is, they drop kids for financial and arbitrary reasons, nice try, though. :wave:

On 2006-06-24 23:01:00, Irish Mom wrote:

"

This is also a tactic used to keep kids in the program longer and milk their folks for more money.  I've seen kids hit level 6 and be dropped for a totally bogus reason.  Some Family Reps are notorious for this, because they get a bonus depending upon their numbers.  Cliff Payne is the biggest ass about doing this.  He gets off on the power he has to do this at his whim."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
On 2006-06-26 08:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

And the assumption, as usual, is that it was done TO the kid, not BY the kid. How pathetic that so many people consider these kids helpless. That, by the way, is what lands them in trouble at home.

::troll::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »
On 2006-06-26 09:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You must have missed this post by a former SCL employee. Fact is, they drop kids for financial and arbitrary reasons, nice try, though. :wave:

On 2006-06-24 23:01:00, Irish Mom wrote:

"

This is also a tactic used to keep kids in the program longer and milk their folks for more money.  I've seen kids hit level 6 and be dropped for a totally bogus reason.  Some Family Reps are notorious for this, because they get a bonus depending upon their numbers.  Cliff Payne is the biggest ass about doing this.  He gets off on the power he has to do this at his whim."

"

Maybe she's a former employee because she doesn't have a clue. Was she fired? Why did she work there for a year if she thought it was so awful? Cliff P. wasn't even a family rep.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
5K reward for info
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 05:59:00 PM »
Several upper level kids have confirmed now that they witnessed several staff using crstal methempetamine.