Author Topic: Where to really go to get help (for parents and children ali  (Read 4727 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Where to really go to get help (for parents and children ali
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »
The problem is that because of the particular service that Hyde is selling, there is a chance of harm.

Does the waitress tell you there ia a choking hazard before she hands you the menu?  Does the car salesman tell you that 10% of the mortality in the US is due to auto accidents? Does the UNC tell persective students the stats on death by alcohol posioning on the chapel hill campus?  I Think not.

Did you warn my that your posts would cause me to become angry and make my blood pressure rise increasing my risk of heart attack and stroke? No you did not.  There is the potential for harm in these posts.  "How many more Mr Speaker, How many more must die?"

I am sure you can cobble together some post from an alledged parent with some horror story about how some staff did the wrong thing to Suzy and she jumpped of the Carlson Bridge into the Kennebeck in January. But come on, there is risk in every thing.  Look at poor gregor samsa.  All he did was wake up one morning and he was a cockroach.  You can't even get out of bed safely.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »
On 2006-06-20 12:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

The problem is that because of the particular service that Hyde is selling, there is a chance of harm.

Does the waitress tell you there ia a choking hazard before she hands you the menu?  Does the car salesman tell you that 10% of the mortality in the US is due to auto accidents? Does the UNC tell persective students the stats on death by alcohol posioning on the chapel hill campus?  I Think not.

Did you warn my that your posts would cause me to become angry and make my blood pressure rise increasing my risk of heart attack and stroke? No you did not.  There is the potential for harm in these posts.  "How many more Mr Speaker, How many more must die?"

I am sure you can cobble together some post from an alledged parent with some horror story about how some staff did the wrong thing to Suzy and she jumpped of the Carlson Bridge into the Kennebeck in January. But come on, there is risk in every thing.  Look at poor gregor samsa.  All he did was wake up one morning and he was a cockroach.  You can't even get out of bed safely.

"

Sorry that should be the Carlton Bridge.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »
How can you possibly compare buying a car and the risks involved to trusting a school to take care of your kids 24-7. You are one sick fellow. This is not about case law, this is about our children and their emotional and physical well being.

Another thing is that car salesmen do not profess to be honest and ethical whereas Hyde TEACHES this life lesson. We all learned the phrase, "the apple doesn't fall far." I never heard that expression in a car dealership but I have heard it over and over again at Hyde. How can Hyde expect this of their students if they are not following it themselves?

The best suggestion I have seen on this board is from Fletch. He offers some solutions that Hyde should talk about at their next staff meeting.

What I see here is that Hyde is presenting themselves as a particular type of institution which they are not. Easy solution is to either change the institution or change the way you advertise it! Stop the crap about the parents taking responsibility. Obviously they have come to Hyde because they don't know what else to do and they are reaching out for help.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
How can you possibly compare buying a car and the risks involved to trusting a school to take care of your kids 24-7. You are one sick fellow. This is not about case law, this is about our children and their emotional and physical well being.

You were not upset by Fletch comparing the care of children to car rental or unplugging a toilet.  Why should any one pay attention to some one a trasparently biased as you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 05:47:00 PM »
What I see here is that Hyde is presenting themselves as a particular type of institution which they are not.

http://hyde.edu/page.ww?section=About+Hyde&name=Welcome

Is Hyde Right For You?
We believe that every student, every parent, and every teacher is meant to connect with a deep and special purpose in life. Character development is the key to unlocking that purpose.

The Hyde Promise
Hyde helps students learn, embrace, and adopt a character compass that will guide them for the rest of their lives. This compass has four points:

1. An explicit philosophy of character in the form of Five Words: Courage, Integrity, Leadership, Curiosity, and Concern;

2. The most dynamic student peer culture in American education;

3. A dedicated faculty that will go to the ends of the earth to help teenagers and families connect with their potentials;

4. The opportunity for parents, the primary teachers, and the entire family to participate and gain individual and collective strength.

Hyde?s Offer To All Families

We strive to offer every student and family what we call a top five experience of a lifetime.
      Those of us who work at Hyde do so because we believe that the world would be a better place if everyone spent some time here. We will continually strive to ensure the legitimacy of this belief.
      Hyde is a one-of-a-kind place where entire families grow together.
      Hyde consistently places at least 96 percent of its graduates in four-year colleges. From academic preparation to actual college admission counseling, each student receives boundless personal attention.

Here you go straight from the web site.  What is not true?

Offline Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »
Most of it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 08:32:00 PM »
SO MUCH of this is not true! You know it and I know it but I don't feel like wasting my time debating this with you. You obviously are a big believer in Hyde so please go enjoy yourself with the rest of the Cult! Debating this with you would would be like getting into a debate with Tom Cruise on Scientology!
Good luck to you. Keep living in the same dream world that all the Gauld/McMilan/Hurd/Grants do! Ya kinda of have to feel sorry for those nut cases.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »
On 2006-06-20 17:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"SO MUCH of this is not true! You know it and I know it but I don't feel like wasting my time debating this with you. You obviously are a big believer in Hyde so please go enjoy yourself with the rest of the Cult! Debating this with you would would be like getting into a debate with Tom Cruise on Scientology!

Good luck to you. Keep living in the same dream world that all the Gauld/McMilan/Hurd/Grants do! Ya kinda of have to feel sorry for those nut cases."

Point by point please, make your case. The parents that come to this site need to know the truth abou hyde's lies.  So tell them. Come on. You can do it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 10:32:00 PM »
On 2006-06-20 18:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"SO MUCH of this is not true! You know it and I know it but I don't feel like wasting my time debating this with you. You obviously are a big believer in Hyde so please go enjoy yourself with the rest of the Cult! Debating this with you would would be like getting into a debate with Tom Cruise on Scientology!

Good luck to you. Keep living in the same dream world that all the Gauld/McMilan/Hurd/Grants do! Ya kinda of have to feel sorry for those nut cases."

Point by point please, make your case. The parents that come to this site need to know the truth abou hyde's lies.  So tell them. Come on. You can do it."

Go back to the other posts to see the answer to this question.  It would be repetitive to list all the lies. If someone is looking on this site for a recommendation about Hyde, I think they can figure it out. Bottom line.....Hyde is not what they advertise and could actually be harmful

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 06:52:00 AM »
On 2006-06-20 19:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-06-20 18:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Point by point please, make your case. The parents that come to this site need to know the truth abou hyde's lies.  So tell them. Come on. You can do it."

Go back to the other posts to see the answer to this question.  It would be repetitive to list all the lies. If someone is looking on this site for a recommendation about Hyde, I think they can figure it out. Bottom line.....Hyde is not what they advertise and could actually be harmful"

But it is so important to warn people about the dangers of hyde!  Can you take a little time to warn the people?  I thought it was important to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 07:37:00 AM »
More blather from "The 12 Angry Families"!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 02:35:00 PM »
On 2006-06-21 04:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"More blather from "The 12 Angry Families"!!"

I have a copy of "twelve angry men"   I like the way the Henry Fonda charater argues with the others who are predjusticed and lazy minded.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 02:51:00 PM »
BINGO!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »
A good place to post your comments. Most of the comments so far are from Hyde parents who are satisfied with the school.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/custome ... F8&s=books