Author Topic: Up-to-date  (Read 10884 times)

Offline Chai

• View Profile
Up-to-date
« on: June 17, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »
For the last few weeks I have spent days online in search of current information on New Beginnings Girls Academy in Pace, Florida. The last week of May friends of mine took their 16-year old daughter (who has Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) there. I have found info about the Camerons in Texas and Faye not being allowed to be with juveniles there. I found the curtain rod story. I saw the newsletter from the GA church that included the missionary page with New Beginings. I have read about other faith-based schools, deaths, allegations, etc. I gave the parents some of the info that I had found and they were not pleased with me. They believe that their daughter is in a safe place.  I understand that William McNamara is the name most used for current parents who are desperate for help. Is there anything more recent than these pieces that I found? What is happening there now? :???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Chai

• View Profile
Up-to-date
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 02:33:00 AM »
Today I received a short hand printed letter from the girl who was taken to New Beginnings Girls Academy in Pace, FL, on Memorial Day weekend. I had mailed her a letter on Friday June 9 not knowing if she would be allowed to read it. Good news! Not only did she read it but she replied. This says to me that they aren't as strict as they once were. Maybe there have been some positive changes going on at New Beginnings? Does anybody really know?
Chai

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
new begnnings
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 12:11:48 AM »
I came back from that school a year ago. It is a horrible place. They abuse the girls and are under investigation right now. Plesdr do not consider sending anyone there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Up-to-date
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 06:04:44 PM »
This is what I've heard about that place.  They are now less strict in some areas because of previous lawsuits, but they are very careful about what they have the parents sign, so that no other lawsuits can come from it.  
I would not believe a letter she wrote, because, if it is like it was back when I was in the homes, they read your letters and will not let any negativity come out in them.  Also, what you should know about this place is that there is a degree of brainwashing.  I know that sounds almost far-fetched, but it's like they make you feel that if you are not utterly happy in that lifestyle, then there is something wrong with you and you aren't a good christian.  
Remember this is a young, impressionable girl.  The "abuse" is not so much physical as the realization that they messed with your head many years later.

Offline PennyP

• View Profile
Up-to-date
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 04:17:59 PM »
Is this place affiliated with Mike Palmer?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Up-to-date
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 08:17:37 PM »
The place has improved for the positive since Rebekah, as far as I know. I heard that they had better staff there now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Up-to-date
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »
So when was the last time you where there? How long was your stay & who was over you? Debi

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The place in florida is much better!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 06:39:14 PM »
It is closed!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I think that they have chosen a state without regulation
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 01:46:40 AM »
I think that they have moved to Missouri because this state does not have "no child left behind" laws and they therefore are able to use their useless christian education without anyone caring. See which facilities, who also uses this state. It does not look good.

http://www.fornits.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Missouri

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Up-to-date
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 09:07:17 AM »
I was at New Beginnings for 4.5 years. (2001-2005.) I was in Rebekah, when it was still known as that, and I was there for the last three years in Florida, when they became known as New Beginnings. I'm being interviewed for a website about such homes, and it should cover all of the information you guys want to know. Everyone is so confused about this place. My story is long, but it will set the record straight. I'll post the link as soon as it's posted.

Briefly:

They are not affiliated with Mike Palmer.

Bill McNamara is a smooth-talking con-man. Believe the survivor accounts. They are TRUE. The parents are being lied to. They think their daughters are safe, but they have no clue what's happening. They can't know unless they spend a significant amount of time THERE, and that's never been allowed. If you're a parent, you should bring your daughter home immediately, because no matter what the McNamaras or even your daughter tells you (while admitted in the program) she is NOT safe.

The letters and phone calls are still monitored.

It doesn't matter if the staff or regulations have improved, as long as the McNamaras (and people who they've trained to operate things how they do) are still around.

The Florida chapter is still open, but different people are the named administrators on their website. The website doesn't claim that they are affiliated with the McNamaras, but that doesn't mean that they aren't affiliated. All the information received from these places is very well-planned, so don't be fooled.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 10:29:01 PM »
Ok, I went to New Beginnings in Oct. of '04 and just recently left a while ago, I completely disagree with all the bad things everyone is saying about New Beginnings. In the four years that I lived there, ofcourse I got in some trouble because of mistakes that I made every once in a while, but the McNamaras loved and cared for me even in the bad situations. And I have never regretted the time that I spent there with the people who I loved and considered a part of my family away from home.
   The McNamaras are very kind, loving, honest people who just want to see teenagers get the same help that they got as adults in the year of '95 when they went to the Roloff Homes. Bro. Mac went to the "City of Refuge" home for men, Mrs.Mac went to the "Jubilee" home for women, and their three daughters went to the "Cleft of the Rock" home for children who's parents were in the home. Both Bro. and Mrs. Mac have been in the boys and girls shoes, and know what that lifestyle of being a student is all about. The only difference between them and the boys and girls they have in their home now, is that the McNamaras made the choice to get their lives straightened out on their own and the teenagers that are brought by their parents/ legal gardians are brought because their family wants them to get the help that they need but the teenagers themselves dont want the help (but hopefully that changes after a while).
   Yes, the rules are strict and you are watched very closely your first couple of months. But if you keep your rotten attitude of "I hate this place, these rules, and my parents for sending me here!" you wont go home a happy, changed (for the good)person. Lots of girls who bad-mouth NBGA (New Beginnings Girls Academy), do it because they never forgave their parents for sending them there to get help(I have seen a countless amount of mothers and fathers absolutely heartbroken that they have to be without their baby for an entire year because they know that this is their last hope to help their little girl get out of the trouble she's in). Maybe they have never accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior or have just despised the fact that Christ was the most important part of New Beginnings. Eventually they might veiw NBGA as a waisted amount of time lost that they spent there and probably miss those months or years that they almost dont have included in their life. But so many dont think to consider that the time spent there was an opertunity to get away from everyone and everything to focus on themselves and their relationship with Jesus Christ.
   For a while, I wondered if those four years of being away from my family, not being able to make my own descisions, and not having average teenage responsibilities would be a big hinderence on my life. And yes, I do feel a little less experienced than other 18 year olds, considering I dont have a deploma, job, car, or drivers liscence and it's sometimes kinda hard to relate to other teenagers, but I look back and I have gained so much more than I have missed. Those four years were filled with nothing but growing and learning experiences, after a year I decided that I need to step up to the plate and be a good example. I was a helper for about 2 years, I got the oppertunity to work outside and learn the value of hard work (which I enjoyed more than anything), and help out in many different ways. But I will always appreciate and never forget the time I spent at New Beginnings Girls Academy.

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 10:34:32 PM »
Can you tell us a little more about Cleft of the Rock?
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 10:52:23 PM »
Oh, and honey, your pACE education is showing.
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:02 PM »
Um, all I know is that the children who's parents were in the home went there if their parents wanted them close by. they could recieve phonecalls, letters, and a visit every six months with their family. as far as I know if siblings lived in the house together they could remain close. the rules from what I understand were kind of like the rules in the homes but a little less strict considering they weren't there because they had gotten into trouble. but that's all I know from what I've heard from the McNamaras daughters themselves. but if you'd like, I can look up some more information. sorry but I've never been much of a speller but that's why they invented spell check

Offline hurrikayne

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 11:01:07 PM »
My point is darlin' that spell check corrects your spelling, not your usage.  Your pACE education shows you haven't a clue about usage.  Not your fault, it's the slipshod education you received.  Try going to college on that diploma, you'll understand what I mean.

I've BEEN in Jubilee.  I've lived on the farm. I've witnessed Faye Cameron slap girls in the face.  I never heard of a "Cleft of the Rock" program.  I'd LOVE to know more, please do share.  I have friends whose parents were workers, and THEY never were in a "Cleft of the Rock" program.  All your info is hearsay, mine is firsthand.