Author Topic: What a Voice is For  (Read 4190 times)

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« on: January 10, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »
Do any of you remember the first time and oldcomer or staff member told you all of the ruls to your Synanon? Maybe even a "RAP" session was held to tell you about them all? I remember it like it was yesterday. The majority of the rules were based on what you could NOT talk about, and what you HAD to talk about. What a strange form of control to take a persons right to voice themselves away. Esepcially when you are a person who really knows how to use your voice, that is, to understand the power of your own words and to use them wisely. To think before you speak instead of just rambling out words. To only use hurtful words when you accept the consequences and know that indeed they do come back to you so you must think first. Or to only bother preaching to the people who are open to hear it in the first place. I guess some people don't understand the term "wasted words".

Today I'd just like to give a little reminder to some people about taking voices away. How do you handle it? To you try to squeal louder, or look before you leap?

[ This Message was edited by: velvet2000 on 2003-01-11 16:54 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 05:02:00 PM »
Right on Velvet !

Offline Joshua P.

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2003, 06:34:00 AM »
When you come in druling and stuttering, reaking of potsmoke and alcohol, It is a good bet that your going to have to be instructed as to what to do and what not to do. Did you forget that? This disease kills. A little instruction probably won't.
alls may break, but your alive aren\'t you bitch?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2003, 09:32:00 AM »
Yeah......right Joshua,

I really noticed how CBC's 'Nature of Things' showed right off the bat all the day one newcomers walking into AARC and what they really went through, from strip searches - to no privacy in the bathroom,- to no time alone - to the lack of sleep - to ALL the insanity one first encounters in there. NOT. I really noticed how CBC filmed all the rebellion going on in there out of that crowd. They NEVER showed the main group in a rap WITHOUT the parents around.

"druling and stuttering, reaking of potsmoke and alcohol"??, well that takes the cake, I never once smelt anything on any victim that my mind rapists got a hold of coming off the streets. Try more like the kid in there had a parent with access to 10's of thousands of dollars be it insurance, an endowment, or a bankroll. Only those kids are instantaneously "diagnosed" as a "druggie" and YOU know it.

I never came in there "druling and stuttering, reaking of potsmoke and alcohol", ONLY cigarette tobacco, the only true addiction I ever had was CIGARETTES. I tried a few things, I was young and stupid for doing so, it never meant I had a "problem" or gave a mind rapist with money making ideas on his mind a right to use those SICK techniques on me and my family beginning with calling me a "druggie".

"This disease kills. A little instruction probably won't." #1, you only refer to it as a "disease" because your mind rape mill INSTRUCTED you to think of stupid actions as a disease. 2, please keep your "instruction" to yourself, we don't wish to have our minds polluted by your heroes anymore. When I figured out that smoking was effecting my life, and supporting the tobacco companies, I quit and got my breath back. That's all you have to do, if you don't like something you are doing, then just stop it, it doesn't have to cost your parents thousands of dollars that way.
 :roll:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
On 2003-02-06 03:34:00, Joshua P. wrote:
"When you come in druling and stuttering, reaking of potsmoke and alcohol, It is a good bet that your going to have to be instructed as to what to do and what not to do. Did you forget that? This disease kills. A little instruction probably won't."

You talk about those kids like they disgust you. How could you help anyone? You sound hollow. Like someone who can't think or speak for themselves. Brainwashed Josh? TBB,COC,FOS,RIPRAPS,UNAUTHORIZED RESTAINT,all piled up with C&A, sure keeps the abuse hidden, and children terrified. That's not helping. That's called ABUSE.

Drugs or alcohol will leave the blood system in 72 hours, but trauma from long term child abuse,(PTSD) takes quite a bit longer, Josh. Experementation is normal, not a DISEASE. Most of those children didn't even have drug or alcohol problems. THEY WERE CHILDREN. Those who did, would have been safer in jail.
Love heals. Abuse is just cruel, and does kill.

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 06:59:00 PM »
On 2003-02-06 03:34:00, Joshua P. wrote:
"When you come in druling and stuttering, reaking of potsmoke and alcohol, It is a good bet that your going to have to be instructed as to what to do and what not to do. Did you forget that? This disease kills. A little instruction probably won't."

I find your post quite interesting, Josh.  You obviously have first hand experience.
Could you send me a private Message.  I'm going to be in Calgary next Friday, and if that's where you are I'd sure like to talk to you first hand.  I've already talked to David Suzuki and have a letter from him with his comments.
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »
Hey Hamilton your are a fucki*g a-hole

Offline velvet2000

• View Profile
What a Voice is For
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »
*eek* I think Hamilton is actually a good guy. If you have time to dig read the rest of his posts. I can see how you may have found that last post misleading.