Author Topic: Another former 'staightling'!  (Read 2194 times)

Offline mmacpurple

• View Profile
Another former 'staightling'!
« on: September 01, 2001, 11:37:43 AM »
Hello everbody!  I too, am a former Straightling!  I hated that place while I was there with everything that I had in me!  To this day, I still hate that place!  I am someone who was compliant only because I was sooo afraid to get restrained!  I had a twin sister who was also in the program, and she rebelled, and got restrained and really hurt!       Up until my sister called me and told me about ALL of the different sites dealing with Straight, I have pushed those awful years down so far that I can barely remember a lot of people's names!( unless my sister says them first)!  This site (as with all the rest) was very terrifying for me to come to, but, in the same aspect, I can't get online without coming to this site!  I can't get off the computer in less than an hour!  Even if I just planned to get on only to check my e-mails!  I am terrifed in how to deal with all these feelings that are coming back!  Please help with some advice on how to deal with all this that is coming back like a broken dam!  

If you would like to contact me on a moore private note, my e0mail address is   [email protected]  , also I am on AOL instant messenger under mmacurple

Thank you all,

Mary

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Elle

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2001, 02:06:12 AM »
Welcome!
Welcome Mary! I'm not from straight but a spin off still functioning in Canada. Just happy to see more people finding a support web : )

Elle.

Offline summer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2001, 11:03:15 PM »
Re: Another former 'staightling'!
hi mary.......i was just reading your message and i just found out today these places are still in operation from my sister. we were both imprisoned in springfield,va.  in the early 80s. we had thought these places had been shut down years ago. we always talk about the hell they put us through there.we are permanentely scarred.i was even afraid to come 2 this site cuz i thought maybe straight put it up to "get" us non conformers.i've been very upset all day about this. serious action needs 2b taken to stop these people.i have already contacted some people.whats killing me the most is 2 think of these kids locked in there right now!!!!they always used 2 say in va "your DRUGGIE friends are NOT coming 2 save you!! theres no one to save you now!!!!" how true. i had 2 save myself by finally making my escape 1 yr later after 3 attempts.i dont have to tell u the punishments given for running right?anyway,just wanted you 2 know theres 2 more of [email protected]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM »
Welcome and welcome!
Just wanted to say hail and well met. I think the 15 year phenomena is kicking in. Took me around 18 years to really knuckle down and start sorting things out.

I don't have much faith in the legal system to help shut down absive coercive rehab. Law enforcement, military and politicians just love the places. I think we're going to have to actively oppose government to get things done here. It's not as hard as you might think, though. I think that as more and more of us drop in on the party, we'll have better and better resources to keep up to speed on things. That's already happening.

Then just speak out. Whenever you see a news report that misses an important point, write to the editors or producers or call into the talk radio and set them straight (so to speak...) Same goes for politicians; keep an eye out for legislation relating to what you know (not just this topic, but anything that interests you) Write to your reps, commissioners etc. and give them your side of the story.

They might not do anything just because it's the right thing to do. But they'll do damned near anything to avoid liability and loss of popularity (Guess what? Grandma lied. It really is a popularity contest.)

Just keep on truckin'. We're making great headway already.

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2002, 09:13:00 PM »
I believe you are right, even though there are laws forbidding such behavior in facilities such as Straight, somehow, people seem to find a back door.. and if you've been around long enough, you will find a back door to nearly everything in normal everyday life.. even a job.
I think someone may have been paid a high price to keep their mouth shut of what they saw or heard about, either that or was "forced" into signing a confidentiality form which would empower the facilities like Straight Inc. to go over and beyond what laws were written.
Of course this is ENTIRELY speculation on my behalf. I don't know how they got around to not knowing about most of this.. the world has always been about money and power. I'm sure Straight had more than enough to even buy off the high officials and than some!
usan Minns