Author Topic: My friends mother may be sending her to wilderness therapy..  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My friends mother may be sending her to wilderness therapy..
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
LL,
Since you put this request up on the moderated forum too, it might be good idea for you to let people know what specifically you'd like to see posted there. Opinions? Experiences? Links?
Are you planning to link her to that thread?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »
On 2006-06-13 14:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How about getting the mother to read http://www.cindiandtaylor.com ?"

These program parents are knuckleheads, not experts in adolescent behavioral healthcare.  

Send the mother to credible, reliable sources. Not websites with links to referral agencies for God's sake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »
You blind? That site is as anti-program as they get.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »
On 2006-06-13 16:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You blind? That site is as anti-program as they get."

Nope, their links say it all,IMO. Compare them to the PURE and CAICA web links. Second, the mother says she only RECENTLY found out about how the troubled teen industry cons parents and hurts teens.  That suggests the placement at CSA was fairly recent, not ions ago before all the anti-wwasps websites popped up (including PURE which has been online for what, 3-4 years?).  

The poster who needs help with her friend's mother would be very wise to steer that mother toward the A START research and Help At Any Cost, if she really wants to ensure her friend doesn't end up in a WST program or some other program, neither of which are linked on the PURE website, IIRC, which is very odd considering how impressive both these resources are (A START and HELP AT ANY COST).  

LINKS

http://www.caica.org

http://www.helpyourteens.com (PURE)

http://www.nospank.net

http://www.bazelon.org

http://www.intrepidnetreporters.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »
My kid was one of thousands of exceptions and I'm glad I didn't "meet" Deborah before.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
On 2006-06-13 18:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My kid was one of thousands of exceptions and I'm glad I didn't "meet" Deborah before."

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »
Who why are you still here?

All you do is move from thread to thread dispensing wisdom you dont have and offering advice no one wanted, at least from you anyway.

The reason of course being you know nothing about the industry so why would anyone need to discuss the matter with you?

In any event you do this until you are proven wrong on any number of issues and then you scamper off.

Really whats the point?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
On 2006-06-13 18:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My kid was one of thousands of exceptions and I'm glad I didn't "meet" Deborah before."

According to you.  I wonder what your kid would say after being out for five years, if you weren't there, and if there was no chance of what he said getting back to you.

If your kid really is okay, then congratulations.  When you spun the chamber and dropped the hammer, you got lucky.

You'll have to forgive us if we don't take that as a good reason to play Russian roulette with our kids' lives and mental health.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
Burying your head in the sand won't help either.  There is a happy medium out there somewhere.  By the way, Julie, the suicide symbolism is offensive and I only hope in your perfect world you'll never have to deal with losing a child to Russian Roulette.  Try a positive approach (without senseless arrogance)and maybe you won't be despised so much.  I'm amazed at what I'm seeing here.  You and Dysfunction are everything I was told you would be.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
Which is more important telling the truth about these places and being despised by the corrupt and naive or denying the truth and being beloved by people who dont matter?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »
Truth??? Give me a break.  The truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
On 2006-06-16 13:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Burying your head in the sand won't help either.  There is a happy medium out there somewhere.  By the way, Julie, the suicide symbolism is offensive and I only hope in your perfect world you'll never have to deal with losing a child to Russian Roulette.  Try a positive approach (without senseless arrogance)and maybe you won't be despised so much.  I'm amazed at what I'm seeing here.  You and Dysfunction are everything I was told you would be."

you are the most senselessly arrogant poster i've seen in a long time.  you should take a look at yourself.  what makes you so high and mighty?  you seem like a run-of-the-mill moron to me, but there you are acting so superior.  how about shutting your arrogant pie-hole for a while?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »
On 2006-06-17 15:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Truth??? Give me a break.  The truth lies somewhere in the middle."

How can you be so sure? I certianly havent lied about my experiences.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »
The Truth is a absolute and will lie where ever it damn pleases. The truth can be radically on one side or radically on the other side. The truth does not say " Well this guy has some good points, and so does this guy, so I think I will meet them in the middle" The truth , is the truth, simple as that.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »
On 2006-06-16 13:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Burying your head in the sand won't help either.  There is a happy medium out there somewhere.  By the way, Julie, the suicide symbolism is offensive and I only hope in your perfect world you'll never have to deal with losing a child to Russian Roulette.  Try a positive approach (without senseless arrogance)and maybe you won't be despised so much.  I'm amazed at what I'm seeing here.  You and Dysfunction are everything I was told you would be."

Be offended all you like.  I've had as close a brush with suicide as anyone living can.  Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

People who do horrible things usually point to something someone else is doing, or the other misdeeds and bad acts in the world, as their justification.

You have no idea how often I've heard, "But look what he did!"

It's an imperfect world.  As an example, the people in the Soviet gulags suffered and died with no white knight ever riding to their rescue.  Stalin's gulags were what Hitler based his concentration camps on in the first place.

Horrible wrongs happen in this world, wrongs nobody manages to stop, despite a whole lot of people's best efforts.

Good people die alone, and broken, in the dark.  Monstrous dictators die in bed, of old age, in luxury.

The world is a cold, hard, dangerous place.

Being a responsible adult means knowing that, and while fully knowing, doing one's best to protect children from that ugly truth until they're grown and able to take on the burden themselves.

Being a responsible adult means knowing there will be many horrible things you cannot stop, and doing your best anyway, knowing that many times your best just won't be enough.

These private prisons for kids are a monstrous thing.  My best efforts, combined with those of others, may never be enough to get them shut down in the US, and to make it a felony for American parents to ship their kids to a private prison outside of the US.

That doesn't relieve me or anyone else of the responsibility to do our best to put a stop to these places.

The world is frequently cold and cruel.  Every single one of us is a very imperfect person.  The other evils in the world don't make it okay for you to do evil things, or to look the other way while others do.  And they don't make it okay for us to look the other way, either.

These places do permanent damage to the minds of children.  I know one of the children it happened to.  That's enough reason for me.