Author Topic: 2003  (Read 1207 times)

Offline ataraxy111

• View Profile
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:14:48 PM »
I am a graduate of KHK in Milford, OH.  I went in on Sep. 29, 2003 at age 15.  My parents lied about my drug use to get me in there.  I had never even drank before.  As soon as I entered I was called a piece of shit liar, and the names and degredation didn't end there.  I conformed eventually, becoming the top girl phaser, completely brainwashed. I have come to realize that they broke all SORTS of laws in KHK.  And everyone said it had lightened up a little!  Since comparing KHK and it's principles and ways of discipline to Straight's, I've realized that they are almost identical programs.  Well, early last year KHK shut down and got bought by Pathway Family Center.  It makes me very angry that they can just switch their name again, and go on with essentially the same shit.  I have witnessed many of the kids lives that I went through KHK with being more fucked up just because of that place.  It ruined my family relationship.  I am having to deal with a lot of emotional trauma, so much that I have to go to another therapist just for the KHK experience.  I  am only 19 now, but I know tons of ex-clients that have been negatively affected.  PFC is KHK is Straight, Inc.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
Re: 2003
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:38:58 PM »
Quote from: ""ataraxy111""
I am a graduate of KHK in Milford, OH.  I went in on Sep. 29, 2003 at age 15.  My parents lied about my drug use to get me in there.  I had never even drank before.  As soon as I entered I was called a piece of shit liar, and the names and degredation didn't end there.  I conformed eventually, becoming the top girl phaser, completely brainwashed. I have come to realize that they broke all SORTS of laws in KHK.  And everyone said it had lightened up a little!  Since comparing KHK and it's principles and ways of discipline to Straight's, I've realized that they are almost identical programs.  Well, early last year KHK shut down and got bought by Pathway Family Center.  It makes me very angry that they can just switch their name again, and go on with essentially the same shit.  I have witnessed many of the kids lives that I went through KHK with being more fucked up just because of that place.  It ruined my family relationship.  I am having to deal with a lot of emotional trauma, so much that I have to go to another therapist just for the KHK experience.  I  am only 19 now, but I know tons of ex-clients that have been negatively affected.  PFC is KHK is Straight, Inc.

You said Straight and KHK are almost identical programs. What, in your opinion, are the differences between the 2 programs?  Did they actually do a drug test on you? In know in Straight, their belief you were lying was enough to get you in. Which laws do you think KHK was breaking?

I have compared documents of each program's rules, talked to former KHK clients, read various other things and aside from slightly different lingo and the fact that beltlooping was finally abandoned, I dont know what the difference is. The seem identical to me.

I was in the same building when you were there only back then it was Straight Inc.  (84-86) I got drunk once....never tried a drug and yes was called a liar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell