Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Facility Question and Answers

Long Term Study

<< < (2/6) > >>

Anonymous:
please no more trolling yourself. [ This Message was edited by: Three Springs Waygookin on 2006-06-12 18:25 ]

Anonymous:
I have a research and statistics background and would be willing to help with your study. But I'd need to know who I'm helping. Post your username or create a new username so that I can email you.

MightyAardvark:
Hi there.
Charley and I are working on this. Would the original poster drop me a line and we can compare notes.

[email protected]

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---On 2006-06-17 07:37:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"Hi there.

Charley and I are working on this. Would the original poster drop me a line and we can compare notes.

[email protected]

"

--- End quote ---

Who is Charely?

TheWho:

--- Quote ---On 2006-06-08 11:46:00, Dysfunction Junction wrote:

"
--- Quote ---
i am surprised given the level of controversy over this issue and the level of angst many graduates express that one has not been comissioned before.

--- End quote ---

Programs haven't been exposed to scientific scrutiny for the simple reason that they refuse access for the purpose of clinical trials.  You see, they have plenty of anecdotal evidence that shows that they don't work and many studies show the same, but to allow a study of their particular program would be tantamount to direct proof that they don't help anyone.  They won't allow studies to be conducted.

I personally contacted ASR (Academt at Swift River, an Aspen Education Group facility) to inquire about performing a clinical trial and I was told "we don't allow that."

Good luck.
"

--- End quote ---

Actually ASR has opened their doors to many people to observe and conduct studies of their model.  There has been a book written and at least one study published /conducted that I know of.  If a person just calls off the street and asks to conduct a study they will decline of course.  If you approached them thru a University and sent them a proposal up front on the type of study you are conducting, the time and resources you will be needing and then they could assess how intrusive it may be to the students.  But I want you to send a professional proposal outlining your intents as in any school or business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version