Author Topic: Can I start a program?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can I start a program?
« on: June 11, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »
I have no college education, hell, I never even graduated high school. I have never worked with kids before. I don't have kids myself. I do have some experience being locked up at a teen camp though so I know how they work. I have enough knowledge of their structure to start my own.

So, what is stopping me from starting my own?

I have investors ready and they are excited about this too. I plan on hiring about 10 staff to start off, and plan on having 100 kids within the first year. If I can get 100 kids there on a regular basis, at four grand a piece that is 400 grand a month!!  :grin:

I plan to structure my therapy program on a system of rewards and consequences, and I will let the staff work with the kids in groups and stuff. I will also build a level system of some kind to allow kids to progress so they have to work there way out and not just wait out their time. This will also help keep them there longer, and make me more money.

We have located a few properties in Nevada we will purchase and use. We also looked into prefabricated buildings that will be delivered. THe entire facility can be built for less than one hundred thousand. Monthly costs per kid are fairly low, about five hundred dollars. That means we are making 3500 a month per kid, with almost all expenses paid off within the first year. And taxes are almost non existent in the state of nevada. There is also no regulation, so no hassles and red tape and all that liberal nanny government stuff.

My plan is once my first camp is succesful and been running for a while, to either expand that camp and bring in more kids, or open up new ones throughout the state and country. This is a booming business right now.

So I have a few questions and it seems like the people who post here know a lot about programs.
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. And remember, you are helping kids out. Most of these kids have horrible parents and I will take better care of them. I am really saving them, more than anything.

Okay, the questions;

1.Where do you find the parents in the first place? Internet advertising? Direct mailings? Word of mouth? I'd love to hear any ideas about marketing campaigns that were succesful. I also figured I would mail brochures to therapists and stuff, maybe give them gifts too. Lets get creative here people!

2. I notice there are several posters here who defend programs. Are they paid to do this or can I get them to defend my program too? I'd love to build a networking army of people like this, every kid they bring in I could give them a fee. How does this work exactly?

3. I am forming a LLC to prevent losing my own personal fortune, but if a staff accidentely kills a kid, can I be held criminally responsible or just the staff? I need to protect myself from any type of liability, financial or otherwise, this is paramount. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. Is it better to contract out existing transport comanies or start my own? I don't know much about handling kids in that situation, but I have a few friends who have been through prison and could probably handle some kids, and know about handcuffs and stuff, would they work? Is there any kind of qualifications needed to employ them? Again, I don't want to get in trouble.

5. Do we need to have any staff with credentials on full time, or can we outsource the nursing and doctor visits and just take them to town? Having these kind of people on full time costs too much, I'd rather just have the min wage staff. We could still take them to the doctor, we could even charge the parent for the transport. Is there any type of regulation about what kind of qualifications the staff need? Can a regular staff hand out kids meds.. any type of regulation on that?

6. I am already in contact with a really good law firm that are drawing up air tight contracts to try and keep parents from balking on their agreements. In this business a lot of parents get cold feet and try to pull their kid without paying. Is there any way to prevent this legally? Has any other program had good luck convincing parents they are making the wrong choice by removing their kid?

These are a few questions I have at the moment but I might have more soon. I am really excited about this. I began telling my friends about programs and how they are so profitable, and easy to start and run and they were very excited to invest. If any posters are interested in working there, just let me know. I am paying the going rate for staff, minimum wage. If there are any investors out there I am offering a 20% return in 12 months. That might seem impossible, but not with this business, it is truly booming. This business is recession proof, and admissions tends to actually increase during bad times. It's sad we have to take the place of parents, but would you rather they be at home with their parents? That's crazy!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Can I start a program?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »
Good luck; but you'll face stiff competition! :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can I start a program?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
Giving a little background about yourself may help..such as age and how you intend on dealing with consequences made by the children..w/o physical or mental harm..also schooling and therapy?? Just my opinion but if one is serious about doing this..I would cover my ass and do everything legal and definately NOT hire x-students as sole staff..make sure staff has excellent credentials..and run background chks on all staff and finger prints.Will be costly but also safe.And for god sake hire staff with a heart.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can I start a program?
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »
WINNER!!

BEST TROLL OF 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Can I start a program?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »
Maybe but it ain't fiction either.  It can and has been done.