Author Topic: recent article about elan  (Read 13973 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
recent article about elan
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 09:00:00 AM »
On 2006-06-09 11:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Im so fuckin sick of reading Art this and Art that.

Shut the fuck up. Get a fucking life you morons. Who fuckin cares what sick, demented tale you can come up with and attach Arts name to. Even the most creative posts ever made here are mediocre, scumbag musings that nobody else is remotely interested in, and usually they are followed by the author laughing at himself to make it look like someone else thought it was funny too.

Its not funny, nothing here comes close to being funny. Its fucking stupid plain and simple.

This site is a little like sitting in a bar with a bunch of fucking low life drunks you wouldnt be caught dead with at any other time or place, but you stay and unwittingly mingle for one more beer.

Its a god-damned train wreck in here, a tragedy with a few rubber neckers who cant ignore it.

"

Wow, you just described in a nut shell exactly
what Art does at this forum, well said, well said indeed!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jane2

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 05:32:00 AM »
Umm I guess I would agree with this site being a train wreck. And people who write really looong posts just bore me. Keep in a little shorter- nobody wants to hear you rant and rave about things you deem important and/or just like to hear yourself speak. If you have something to say, you should say it, but this whole making up a 3 page story about Marty screwing little boys or something is so untrue and stupid.

Speaking of long stories, I went to school for English and always wanted to write a book. As far as I know there haven't been many books about Elan other than Duck in a Raincoat. Maybe like a day to day story of my life while I was there and some people I met (with their names changed of course). Has anyone else ever thought about this?
f you expect someone else to guide you, you\'ll be lost.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »
How bout a book about our Elan experience? We all contribute a story. I can tell about the 3 house just after lunch,the chicken chow mein breath,the chunks flying ,how sweet.
Boy oh boy beats horse back riding any day.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »
hell yes,,  i could tell about the nite L.R sliced  the lenghth of both arms and gottlieb made us hold him down while he poured rubbing alchohol on them.now thats a  elan experiance ill never forget

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
I cannot for the life of me get my hands on a copy of Duck in a Raincoat. However just think is we could find a credible author to sit down and talk with all of us. A BIG THICK BOOK, that a highly skilled person wrote might be able to somewhat scratch the surface. I myself have tried to fully explain Elan to about 3 people in the decade I have been out. Most of the time over drinks, since that is the only way to set emotion aside and recal the raw shit. I brought all three people to tears. I'm not saying I am amazing, they were just close people to me and any normal civilian who listens to stories of helpless 13-17 year old kids being abused the way we were would be moved in some way

The national foster care society has done tons of research on kids who go through similar things. Lke me Im sure ELAN wasn't the ONLY place you guys went too. I was in 14 different intstitutions. The fact that really suprised me is that children (especially tweens and teens) who bounce around from foster home to placement end up with irreversable damage to their minds. ANYONE who went through elan for more than 24 months would be diagnosed with post trumatic stress disorders, and disordered thinking in many other varients that have such a wide range I couldn't begin to start  a list.

"The trauma a teenager endures who has lived a life away from any sort family or loved one, full of abuse, neglect,daily intimidation, and lack of identity or freedom is 75% more dangerous than that of a Vietnam Veteran"

HA! Lack of frredom and identity-If we had an identity it was unnaceptable. GUILTY: IMAGING OUT

Lack of freedom,  the most freedom you could have at Elan was pulling for hours upon hours on a post usually the size of a bathroom stall sitting in a metal chair, with nothing but meaningless (busywork) paper work to keep yourself occupied. If you asked your parents to please let you come home...GUILTY:MANIPULATION

Living life neglected without loved one's or family,  how many times did Marc Mrty or Jeff tell students that "oour parents don't want us! They threw us away, we are at the bottom of society, NOBODY LOVED US! We were punks, the world had no use for us" If we tried to find love to fill that hole or close "normal friends" at elan GUILTY:PLAYING GAMES/CONTRACTING OUT

Neglect? Who was sleep deprived? Who was forced to hold their urine and feces inside their bodies for hours upon hours? Who was not able to smell fresh air? Who was not able to speak, smile, walk,cry, laugh, play, eat when hungry, sit down when our knees fingers or feet hurt, go to bed when critically ill, NONE OF US
AND NO ONE CARED. lack of compassion
GUILTY:BEING LOOSE, TOUGHEN UP, TIGHTEN UP, PROCRASTINATING, MANIPULATING, BEING SIDEWAYS

THis list is endless. We were abused. The statuet of limitations has run out, but imagine a book being put together. We could all make it. It would be amazing. I still have nightmares if not every night at least 4 times a week.

I am in Elan, I can't get out.

I have develpoed insatiable claustrophobia from that sardine filled dining room.

I watch television shows such as the Apprentice, American Idol, So you think you can dance...Andall I see is Dealing crews.

OUR COUNTRY SAYS SIMON FROM AMERICAN IDOL IS JUST CRUEL! WHAT A MEAN HORRIBLE MAN! HOW CAN HE SAY SUCH THINGS TO THESE KIDS! THEY ARE GOING TO BE TRAUMATIZED!

And why???? Becuase he told a kids who can't sing well that "Their performance was awful, they have no future in being a performing artist"

OMG- BIG DEAL! HE'S RIGHT!

Our country is so fast to think that is so inhumane. Imagine what they would do if they read a book FULLLLL of the acounts that went on at Elan.

If this book somehow became a best seller...ELAN WOULD CLOSE. Forever.

Would that take away our tattered emotional wounds? No.

Would we fee some closure? Maybe

Would we save future children from being sen there. YES

I want to make this happen. I just don't know where to begin.

I know a guy named Pete Moore is an amazing journalist. I think he could help. Obviously Jordan wasn't grown up enough when he tried to make his movie...BUT DONT GIVE UP HOPE!

Just because one thing fails, doesn't mean it is our destiny to fail. Elan told us we were failures... They brainwashed us to believe it! You all take so much time writing this on Fornits, we have so much power behind us. We are adults now, we can make it happen. I wish somebody was willing to help me here. Sorry to sound so much like I HAVE A DREAM!!!!!   hahahaha, but truley, wouldn't you like to see this happen?

Offline xres8182

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »
No,not really. Are you all right. Maybe you should call a help line or sumptin.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »
:tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Offline Jane2

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 05:09:00 AM »
Umm well I understand where you are coming from...and yes I went to 4 other programs..maybe 5 I don't remember. Yes I was emotionally fucked by all of it but if I wrote a book I'd have to leave out a lot of that "fuck Elan, we're going to make sure you close down someday."

Because compared to the other places I went to, Elan wasn't that bad! But I have often been told that I am this kind of person that doesn't have any feelings but it's really not true.

But (and I don't think I would preach to people in my book about whether to hate Elan or not) for people that say I was fucked up by this and that general meeting, dealing crews, etc I would say "Suck it up!"

There are a hell of a lot worse things out there. I mean, dealing crews were ridiculous and laughable! The faces people made while giving a VR, the tone of their voice, the way they sat was just plain laughable. Did you ever get a VR for laughing in the middle of a VR? I did, several times!

Anyway writing a book about Elan would be tough. But, I will try. A friend of mine who went to Elan around the same time I did met up with an infamous  staff member out in Vegas. He told the staff memeber about maybe doing a documentery about Elan. The staff memeber said that if anyone ever did that Elan would be exposed and eventually shut down. So I guess if you really want to shut Elan down, expose it in a bad light to the rest of the world. That wouldn't be my purpose though.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 06:14:00 AM »
On 2006-06-15 14:22:00, xres8182 wrote:

"No,not really. Are you all right. Maybe you should call a help line or sumptin."

i think its healthy for her to get it off her chest.Maybe she just needs a friend.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »
i must say ,, outlaw,, it sounds like you went to the day care elan. not to minimize your exp, but  old school was  alot differant.someone has alot of  pent up emos about that hell hole, they wuoldnt take the time to make such a post otherwise, but in my humble opinion, is all water under the bridge.the elan that ABUSED the peeps i know and saw is gone, is now a boarding school. yes the sick fucks  that run  it are mostly still there, but unless you have the kind of big money it takes to jump into the legal system ,or have an ad agency at your disposal,its not gonna happen.and fornits is not the place to start,, the shiteaters will be all over this  in a min,, they disrupt any real conversations,,

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »

On 2006-06-16 12:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i must say ,, outlaw,, it sounds like you went to the day care elan. not to minimize your exp, but  old school was  alot differant.someone has alot of  pent up emos about that hell hole, they wuoldnt take the time to make such a post otherwise, but in my humble opinion, is all water under the bridge.the elan that ABUSED the peeps i know and saw is gone, is now a boarding school. yes the sick fucks  that run  it are mostly still there, but unless you have the kind of big money it takes to jump into the legal system ,or have an ad agency at your disposal,its not gonna happen.and fornits is not the place to start,, the shiteaters will be all over this  in a min,, they disrupt any real conversations,, "
[/
 :tup:

Offline Jane2

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »
On 2006-06-16 12:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i must say ,, outlaw,, it sounds like you went to the day care elan."

No actually I found Elan to be very fucked up. I know though, I've heard about some stuff that happened in the early 80's and prior to that...like the 70's. People were put in cages and made into prisoners.

But anyway--what's the big deal about anything that happened to you people who were there from the years '94 to present day? I'd like to know.

Offline Jane2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »
On 2006-06-15 03:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"How bout a book about our Elan experience? We all contribute a story. I can tell about the 3 house just after lunch,the chicken chow mein breath,the chunks flying ,how sweet.

Boy oh boy beats horse back riding any day....."

I suppose we know each other? Who is this?

Offline xres8182

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »
That was Larson right. That dude was F'd up.

Offline screann

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 12:40:00 PM »
On 2006-06-06 23:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-06-06 17:51:00, Matt C. Hoffman wrote:

"If memory serves me there was 7 or so chapters dedicated to elan .

There were a lot of incidents that were written in that book that made me think I knew who they were talking about . It was a small glimpse (snapshot ) of what elan was like when i was there.

I hope Maura Curley does a follow up. The darn thing would sell like hot cakes ."

7 chapters?

I think youre confusing the topic (Ricci) with his own association with Elan.

Of course Elan gets mention in the book, Ricci owned Elan and Elan gave birth to Riccis furtunes.

But the Elan dialogue in the book was nothing more than assumptions based on anger driven blurbs from former resident(s) Namely a girl who went on to work at the Downs who was fired too.

Theres no doubt in my mind that any speak of Elan from a person who was never there is innacurate and modified to fit the agenda. Can you explain Elan to someone and expect them understand it exactly the way you do?

Sorry but Maura Curley is not nearly talented enough of a writer to give any insight to my stay at Elan.

7 Chapters wouldnt begin to scratch the  :tup: .

And Dan the publisher is even less talented/informed yet he would love to be acknowledged as some sort of advocate...a voice for former Elan residents. Dano, stick to your caribean sunset Jimmy Buffet-esque lore. Youve not the courage to know what lies in the hearts of those who endured Elan. Hell most of us dont have the courage to dig up those bones either.

As for a cup of tea and a hotdog. Post your thoughts of my identity and back up your words by posting your own, or fuck the hell off...troll.

If you didnt spend 27 months in Elan with me, you know absolutely nothing about me.

But continue your anon game, and pretend someone else is playing along... You are very simple to dismiss.

"