Author Topic: Population increase  (Read 26262 times)

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 09:26:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
And neither has to do with Daytop.  My question:  After decades in "the business," why hasn't Daytop ever conducted a single, solitary study of their outcomes?  

My suspicion is because they keep no data and have no interest in exposing anything about themselves to public scrutiny.  They keep their mouths shut because if they don't there will be no denying that they are full of bologna, to put it nicely.

Daytop has conducted many internal studies of their outcomes but I highly doubt they will ever publish them. I just wonder how long it will be before anybody ever decides to look into how public funds are spent on useless treatments. I mean we are talking about tens of millions of dollars per year here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 02:45:15 PM »
Odie, There you go again. The 10's of millions spend are why you can today continue to be dishonest. The money has helped many people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Truth
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 03:18:16 PM »
Quote from: ""Honesty""
Well if you have decades in the business then should know that in order for an outcome study to be proven accurate it must be conducted by an independent party. These articles speak directly to the TC Concept. Daytop has done many outcome studies that report very successful numbers. .

Do you see any contradiction in your statement at all or are you really that dense?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 03:20:18 PM »
This guy's an idiot.  I don't think he gets too much of anything at all...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 03:29:32 PM »
I wonder where all that money goes anyways? How can a program that touts a 65% failure rate continue to exist? Why do unsuspecting donors continue to pour money into such a sham? Why is it that nobody has ever looked into exactly how these millions are spent? How could Daytop always be in financial peril? Over 40 years of smoke and mirrors has allowed this to happen. I wonder how they would do in a Medicaid audit? You know, the kind where they have to pay back money they have received when the paperwork is out of order. States are now paying private companies to audit these things and taking back millions each year. Maybe that's what is needed here. A good accounting of an outfit that preaches that on a daily basis.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »
That's one of the things that finally got Miller Newton of Straight.  Medicaid fraud.

The short answer to your question about how these places continue to exist is that it appeals to both ends of the spectrum but for different reasons.  Conservatives like the get tough/tough love crap.  It gets votes when they go out and talk about how they're clamping down on juvenile crime.  Liberals think of it as an 'alternative' school.  They all hear bits and pieces and it sounds good (just like parents looking over the beautiful brochures) but never really look into what's really going on.  As long as they can stand up and claim they're 'doing something for kids', they don't really care.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 08:25:35 AM »
It's amazing how very desperate you are. First, you say the Daytop program does not work, Then you say they have a success rate, then you claim no research has been performed, Then you claim the research is not accurate, Then you say TC's are bogus, Then you claim no monitoring is performed, Then you say the monitoring that is performed is not accurate, Then you claim Medicaid fraud, Now you claim a political master plan of a cover up. What's next? The fact of the matter is YOU are desperate to prove YOUR view, which is WRONG. . It's sad that you?re so short sited.  The facts are the Facts. The TC concept and The Daytop program work. You need to come to terms with it.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Truth
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »
It's amazing how very desperate you are. First, you say the Daytop program does not work, Then you say they have a success rate, then you claim no research has been performed, Then you claim the research is not accurate, Then you say TC's are bogus, Then you claim no monitoring is performed, Then you say the monitoring that is performed is not accurate, Then you claim Medicaid fraud, Now you claim a political master plan of a cover up. What's next? The fact of the matter is YOU are desperate to prove YOUR view, which is WRONG. . It's sad that you?re so short sited.  The facts are the Facts. The TC concept and The Daytop program work. I want you to come to terms with it.

Show the RESEARCH.  Don't just sit here spewing the Daytop party line.  I worked there (as a classically educated, licensed professional) and I can tell you with certainty it does not work and the methods employed are, in fact, psychologically damaging.

If you have some evidence of efficacy, post it.  Otherwise button your lip.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
You are classically Outdated educated, licensed professional. Your posts are very far from the truth. I imagine you were fired from your employment with Daytop. Your call for research has been addressed and answered. Your claims are also personal not fact. Get over your hurt feelings and come to terms with the fact that you?re outdated.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2006, 01:00:18 PM »
You are classically Outdated educated, licensed professional. Your posts are very far from the truth. I imagine you were fired from your employment with Daytop. Your call for research has been addressed and answered. Your claims are also personal not fact. Get over your hurt feelings and come to terms with the fact that you?re outdated.

What the hell are you talking about?  The only one here who is completely uneducated, obtuse and "outdated" is you.  And, no, I was not fired from Daytop, I resigned over (and reported to the authorities) Daytop's criminal and abusive behavior surrounding its clients.

Once again, since you cannot prove anything you say, you resort to ad hominem fallacies (the sign of the truly mentally underprivileged).  I'm glad to debate the facts of the matter, but you don't seem to have any.  All you have is "Daytop works.  I'm proof."  Well, if that's the case, I'd prefer not to have Daytop "work" on anyone else if the end-product is only imbeciles.

Please, don't bother to respond with any more inanities.  Offer empirical evidence to support your position or just keep quiet.  Your mental acuity is near zero.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2006, 01:25:01 PM »

Oh, boy.  This guy is really shot.  Another know-nothing junkie that seems to have had some serious brain damage.  Whew.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
It's amazing that when you are proven wrong it has to be because the person is a Junkie and doesn?t know what they are saying. I have proven my point. I will debate any point you want. You ask for facts and I'm the one giving them. Your so called resignation was likely offered to you because you have minimal insight, and your criminal allegations seem to have been unfounded. Now lets get to the facts. The program has existed for 40 years because it works. Through the years many have benefitted. Unfortunately some have not. If a person does not respond to some form of medical treatment does that mean that doctors don't know what they are doing? Of course not. You claim this and that, but have never proven anything. So lets start talking about the facts Mr.Dysfunction Junction.  Anyone can make claims, You have to prove them and you have not. :rofl:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2006, 06:35:57 PM »
It's amazing that when you are proven wrong it has to be because the person is a Junkie and doesn?t know what they are saying. I have proven my point. I will debate any point you want. You ask for facts and I'm the one giving them. Your so called resignation was likely offered to you because you have minimal insight, and your criminal allegations seem to have been unfounded. Now lets get to the facts. The program has existed for 40 years because it works. Through the years many have benefitted. Unfortunately some have not. If a person does not respond to some form of medical treatment does that mean that doctors don't know what they are doing? Of course not. You claim this and that, but have never proven anything. So lets start talking about the facts Mr.Dysfunction Junction.  Anyone can make claims, You have to prove them and you have not. :rofl:

All this guy is here for is to try to keep his superiority trip going.  He hasn't made a valid point, personally attacks people who point out the flaws in his logic, fails to cite anything other than "because I say so," and is generally just not that smart of a guy.  He's only here to try to talk down anyone who blows holes in his story (Odie and DJ so far) like they teach at Daytop where the main therapeutic "tool" is humiliation.

Let's move on until Mr. Know-It-All brings some evidence for the nonsense he's promoting.  Evidence means everything, but his   personal attacks and speculation are transparent examples of how people who know nothing behave.  He's like a child.  I guess Daytop doesn't teach how to be a grown up.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Honesty
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2006, 08:31:34 AM »
Honesty, if you have a moment of clear thinking today can you tell us what exactly your affiliation is or was with Daytop? I'm interested because I find it amusing that you now turn your attacks to DJ. He is the third person in this thread to identify themselves as a former employee of Daytop and you have chosen to accuse all three of us as being fired when that is far from the truth.
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »
Unfortunately, that's the last refuge of those with no ability to articulate or support a rational, fact-based argument or position.  Watch any campaign commercial and you'll see what I mean.  

Next  :roll: "Honesty" :roll:  is going to be saying we "support providing the abortion pill to schoolgirls."
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control