Author Topic: Population increase  (Read 26190 times)

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 04:01:48 PM »
Daytop was and is very good at misrepresenting itself when it needs to. I knew they were seeking CARF accrededation but was unaware of JCAHO but that's really good to know because the best thing about JCAHO is that they do unannounced inspections. I will be communicating with them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
die

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 04:11:50 PM »
Now why am I not surprised that when I checked both organizations websites that neither list Daytop as being accredited? Because maybe truth be told you don't know what your talking about? :rofl:
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 09:00:54 AM »
Odie, Odie, Odie, You are incorrect or have chosen to be DISHONEST... I know for a fact that Daytop is accredited. Daytop, NJ was the first long term inpatient program treating juveniles in the U.S. to receive JCAHO accreditation. I believe the year was 1994 0r 95. In fact they received the highest level of accreditation possible at that time. They were re-accredited in about 98 or 99. I could be wrong with the year, but I am pretty close. In late 2005 or early 2006, Daytop, NJ was awarded CARF accreditation. This accreditation (CARF) was chosen because most Insurance Company?s prefer it. Again Daytop was awarded the highest level of accreditation. I too Checked the CARF web site and Found that not only was one facility accredited, but both of Daytop, NJ residential programs. As well as the Outpatient programs. Now Odie, if you would like to check on this to, you can. Go to the Web site of CARF. Click program check or find CARF approved programs. You are looking for Behavioral Health (BC) - TC. You will find what you are looking for. Now Odie, I suggest you exhaust your energy becoming more knowledgeable in what really is going on. Daytop is Helping people. You seem be outdated and uneducated in your views. Daytop is a good program and not what you spew. The field of substance abuse treatment has changed greatly in the last 10 - 15 years as ahs Daytop. I suggest you seek help for your misguided feelings. Remember Honesty is the Best Policy.  :rofl:  :D  :P  :exclaim:

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 11:41:08 AM »
http://www.carf.org/consumer.aspx?Conte ... .html&ID=1

http://www.jointcommission.org/

Here are the link's to both websites. Daytop's so called accrededation can not be found on either. I have no reason to lie about how bad this place is. Funny you should use the Daytop in NJ for your example of its program excellence especially since that's where they had that priest that was molesting young boys. :roll:
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 11:59:55 AM »
Odie's right.  I followed your link to the search feature here:

http://www.carf.org/providers.aspx?content=search

Daytop is not one of their providers.

Same here:

http://jcsearch.jcaho.org/cgi-bin/MsmFi ... ERY=daytop

No Daytop.

Now, who's being dishonest again?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth Again
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 03:10:52 PM »
ODIE,  :flame:  You are Not trying to be truthful  :rofl: . Here are step by step directions. Follow and you will find what you are looking for. The truth is there you just need to look.

Step 1 ? go to this site.
http://www.carf.org/Consumer.aspx?Conte ... earch&ID=7

Step 2: Click Behavioral Health on first drop down listed as: Filter programs by Customer Service Unit

Step 3: Click on Select a Program: scroll down to: BH Therapeutic Communities>

Step 4: On State: Scroll down to: NJ

Step5: Click on Search;

Last program listed on Page 1 and first Program listed on page 2 is Daytop Village of Mendham and Pittsgrove New Jersey.

I would also recommend using Google to search JCAHO, Daytop, NJ.
You can check the Daytop web site for this quote.
1997 the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) awarded Daytop NJ accreditation with commendation. In the spring of 2001, Daytop NJ received a provisional license from the New Jersey Department of Education, to operate a private school for students with educational disabilities. This has made Daytop Preparatory School the first (and only) licensed approved private school for students with educational disabilities in New Jersey that is also committed to a long term substance abuse treatment program.

As you can see it does not take a lot to find accurate information. I do believe that an Ex-Priest who manipulated the system of Licensing as well as lied about his identity was working at the Daytop, NJ facility. In fact they were the ones who reported him. Daytop like many other programs and facilities that deal with kids are always faced with the fact that not every employee is trying to help people. Check any school, Hospital, Child care agency and you will find this. In Fact Odie, You can Google the local paper by Daytop, NJ. The Daily Record of Morris County New Jersey. In Order to do this. Go to Google and enter Daytop, NJ, Dailey Record. I am sure you will find what you are looking for.
Odie, you again are very very wrong in your information. It?s OK to accept that, It takes a true Man/ Woman to overcome their short comings. Again HONESTY is the Best POLICY. Good Look.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 08:29:40 AM »
You can check the Daytop web site for this quote.  Your kidding right? Find Truth in advertising by Daytop? OMFG that's like I'm gonna win the Powerball Jackpot tomorrow night. :lol:

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 09:18:53 AM »
Hmmm...I stand corrected. The CARF info wasn't there yesterday but is this morning. But the JCAHO site still doesn't show anything about Daytop being accredited by them so it is entirely possible that they were in 1997 but not today. As far as that priest lying about who he was all Daytop had to do was check his credentials and they would have found the truth. As far as them reporting him they were required by law to report it. But I am a little curious now as to why Daytop in New York isn't accredited by anyone considering that is their world headquarters and the location of the bulk of their facilities ::cheers::
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »
Well Odie, I am very happy to hear you admit when you are wrong. The information was on the site yesterday and has been since the Daytop Program was accredited. You are also correct when you mention that Daytop was JCAHO accredited in the past. They have allowed that accreditation to expire since they have chosen to go with CARF. This I have since learned. I do want to state that the quote from the Daytop web site was for year reference only. I was not going to argue the point without correct information. If you are interested in the facts, contact the JCAHO and establish the years of accreditation. On your other point about Daytop doing a credential check. You again assume Daytop is neglect in their efforts. You can Google the incident and find numerous links that will explain the whole story. The fact is Daytop not only did a credential check that showed the individual was licensed and in good standing with the state. They also did a background check and a reference check. All have been proven and all showed someone who at the time seemed above board. If you look, you will also find that the Prosecutors office involved in the case acknowledged that Daytop, Not the authorities were the ones who brought this information into light.
Odie, you exhaust allot of efforts looking to prove your point. Anyone can do that. The fact is and remains the Program does help people. As for the New York, CARF accreditation. You already know that Daytop, NY has roughly 10 -15 facilities. These must all be accredited at the same time. This takes years for each state to organize and facilitate. The point being made is that Daytop has evolved. SO should you. You can inquire about the CARF accreditation and Daytop, NY pursuit of it. It's happening. They are and have been in the process for a couple of years. I would imagine they will acquire it in the near future (I'm sure you will have a reason as to why they don't have it now), Odie, Times have changed. Get with it. You only tell a one sided view of one experience. You know that there is more to the story. But you should be Honest and you are not. There was also a previous post about Daytop selling off the Florida and Texas Facilities. Wrong again. Those states incorporated a Corrections based treatment model. Daytop chose to leave in order to keep the Integrity of the Daytop Program. They were not willing to allow the Corrections department to dictate treatment or determine how long a person must be in treatment (and in some cases return to jail). As for California, I?m sure there is more to the story. You have to try and see good in people and not assume they are trying to hurt people or that there is some master conspiracy taking place. Remember Odie, Honesty, Honesty, and Honesty. I wish you well.  :wink:  :idea:  :exclaim:  :wink:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 12:29:06 PM »
Integrity of the Daytop Program

There is no such thing.  Next you're going to tell us that all the residents ride Unicorns to reentry.  Gimme a fucking break.  "Integrity" and "Daytop" don't belong in the same paragraph.[/quote]
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »
Some Do.  :rofl: They also overcome their problems. In fact I bet 1 or 2 even succeed. Even without Your  :evil: support.

Offline odie

• View Profile
Re: Truth
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 05:21:07 PM »
Quote from: ""Honesty""
Well Odie, I am very happy to hear you admit when you are wrong. The information was on the site yesterday and has been since the Daytop Program was accredited. You are also correct when you mention that Daytop was JCAHO accredited in the past.
Misleading Point #1They have allowed that accreditation to expire since they have chosen to go with CARF.
JCAHO has higher standards than CARF and Daytop could only hide their inadequecies for so long.
 This I have since learned. I do want to state that the quote from the Daytop web site was for year reference only. I was not going to argue the point without correct information. If you are interested in the facts, contact the JCAHO and establish the years of accreditation. On your other point about Daytop doing a credential check. You again assume Daytop is neglect in their efforts. You can Google the incident and find numerous links that will explain the whole story. The fact is Daytop not only did a credential check that showed the individual was licensed and in good standing with the state. They also did a background check and a reference check. All have been proven and all showed someone who at the time seemed above board.
Misleading Point # 2 If you look, you will also find that the Prosecutors office involved in the case acknowledged that Daytop, Not the authorities were the ones who brought this information into light. Federal Law required them to report child abuse. If they hadn't and one of those abused kids did they would have lost their license. It's a case of CYA.
Odie, you exhaust allot of efforts looking to prove your point. Anyone can do that.
Misleading Point # 3  The fact is and remains the Program does help people. I'd rather look at results like how many people that enter the program actually finish it as opposed to saying it helps people.
Misleading Point # 4 As for the New York, CARF accreditation. You already know that Daytop, NY has roughly 10 -15 facilities. These must all be accredited at the same time. This takes years for each state to organize and facilitate. The point being made is that Daytop has evolved. SO should you. You can inquire about the CARF accreditation and Daytop, NY pursuit of it. It's happening. They are and have been in the process for a couple of years. I would imagine they will acquire it in the near future (I'm sure you will have a reason as to why they don't have it now),
Daytop in NY started to try to be CARF accredited in 1997 and has yet to accomplish it. I can see a couple of years to get your shit together but 9? Gimme a break.
Misleading Point # 5 Odie, Times have changed. Get with it. You only tell a one sided view of one experience. You know that there is more to the story.
Yes I only tell the side that I experienced as an employee for ten years, I almost want to forget the atrocities I experienced as a resident.
But you should be Honest and you are not.
Misleading Pont #6 There was also a previous post about Daytop selling off the Florida and Texas Facilities. Wrong again. Those states incorporated a Corrections based treatment model. Daytop chose to leave in order to keep the Integrity of the Daytop Program. They were not willing to allow the Corrections department to dictate treatment or determine how long a person must be in treatment (and in some cases return to jail).
That was true in Florida but they surely didn't just give their properties to Phoenix House. You don't even wanna get into the Texas fiasco because your info is totally wrong.
 As for California, I?m sure there is more to the story. You have to try and see good in people and not assume they are trying to hurt people or that there is some master conspiracy taking place. Remember Odie, Honesty, Honesty, and Honesty. I wish you well.  :wink:  :idea:  :exclaim:  :wink:

So the next time you try to spew the misguided truth first find out who you are trying to bullshit. :rofl:
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 07:23:24 AM »
Odie, this is Beginning to get good. You can claim what ever you want, but you rarely have Facts. In each and every post you make, it seems like you are getting more desperate in your claims. The Truth can only be stretched so far. As for Daytop and accreditation, the Fact is that they have it, As for the bad employee, again it was taken care of. You Have gone from saying Daytop helps NO ONE. To Now saying well it helps some, You want to look at the number of people who enter compared to the number who finish. Well you will see tremendous difference in the numbers. As you will with every program, Therapy, Treatment Model. I ask you to define success and then we can begin to look at how Daytop compares. Now Odie, I don't understand this one. You claim to have been a resident who had a horrible experience, Then you were employed by the Daytop Program for 10 years. If things were so bad and you witnessed so many atrocities, Why Stay. I think you were fired or close to it. But you know what, Lets take each incident of poor treatment and look at it. Bring it on.
The issues you claim with Texas bring them on as well. This looks like it will be fun. You have to be honest Odie, You are only hurting yourself. Oh, lets deal with the Facts not your feelings or thoughts.  8) 8)

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 10:37:25 AM »
Why stay? That's an easy one....misguided loyalty. Close to being fires?..nope not even close. Texas? Well I got 2 words for you....Chappell Hill...now go back to your connections and ask if you should even try to fuck with me.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »
Unfortunately Odie, I don't have any connections at Daytop. But let me say 10 years of misguided loyalty? That seems excessive, don't you think. If your experience was soooooo horrible as a resident why seek employment? As for Chapel Hill, enlighten me: :exclaim:  Now the fact remains that the Daytop program does help people. It is unfortunate whenever individuals believe they are more important then that, it does however happen. As with life you can't judge things on one or even a few poor experiences. The totality of the program is what counts. As the program grew and continues to grow, you will always have individuals who are not true to the cause. I to had many of a bad experience with individuals. At times I even questioned the purpose. But the fact is and I know its true Daytop helps people. Regardless of what you experienced in Texas, NY, NJ or Fl, I'm sure that you also experienced the Good. I know many of a good person who worked in Daytop Texas. You should inform people of the bad or wrongs as well as the Good the program does.