Author Topic: Population increase  (Read 26185 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population increase
« on: June 04, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »
The word from the higher ups is Daytop is in financial trouble. Intakes have thus increased and the ADU's poplation has nearly doubled. Anyone who has left (ran off) is replaced by sometimes two new residents within 24 hours. It's been this way for months now.

F*ck Daytop
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
This hardly seems new to me.  When I worked there all that mattered was "asses in chairs" and "heads in beds."  We were over-pop'ed consistently by 50%.

If they are losing money and feeling the pinch the kids will suffer even worse.  That is a shame.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »
Daytop has been in financial peril for years. I can remember back in the 90's when they had all the staff scrambling to keep the beds full and had difficulty making their payroll. They used to hold out checks for days and some even had their checks bounce. Its incredible that they are still having problems but it is mostly due to the mismanagement of funds, usually by uneducated program directors with no clue as to how to manage multi million dollar budgets, and egos so sky high as to be unable to admit they need help. Funny but that's what they get on their high horse and preach to the masses to do.

Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic
for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has
happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to
the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail,
there will be anarchy throughout the world.

http://www.marshfield.net/History/webster.htm' target='_new'>Daniel Webster

die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 12:05:00 PM »
Now they don't even kick out the residents that fight, smoke, bring in marijuana, or are just not complying with the program. They treaten to kick them out but they now realize its an empty threat. Apparently substance abuse at a substance abuse treatment center means a couple of hours on the chair and a talk.

F*ck Daytop

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population Increase
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 02:34:33 AM »
Having recently worked for Daytop, you are right, they have no concept of how to manage funds, nor do they have the most effective people in the right positions. If you are not a part of the group, they will make it hard for you. I referred to it as drinking the KoolAid.They all want to feed their ego. They do not give a damn about the children. There have been drugs, sex, and fighting. Are not these "Cardinals"? No one gets kicked out because it is about the money..period. Staff have attempted to have relationships with the juvenilles who are in the care of Daytop. They are now trying to sell off California. From what I have heard, that program is worse than the programs back here. It was like being in a cult, even as an employee. It was a very weird and troubling experience. :cry:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »
It's not surprising that they are trying sell off California, they already sold off Texas and Florida to Phoenix House.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Truth
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 04:06:51 PM »
It sounds like you were fired from your employment at Daytop. I gues you are jealous that you were not that good at what you were trying to do. Maybe if you spend as much time on your counseling skills as you do on responding to peoples post you may be able to make some level of an impact. If you truly cared about the so called abuse and neglect that goes on, then Why have you not filed complaints or reported the Daytop program to DCA. I think you are just very insecure and feel like you failed. Of course Daytop has to be concerned with $. They can't help people without it. Maybe you should try and create and run a program yourself. If you know what's so wrong and can critize Daytop for waht they do then you should know how to run a more successful program. Remember Honesty is the best policy. You need to start being Honest with yourself.

Offline odie

• View Profile
Honesty
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 08:22:06 AM »
Now there's a word that is spoken daily at Daytop, but rarely practiced by its leaders. ::bwahaha::
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: The Truth
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 08:26:42 AM »
Quote from: ""Honesty""
It sounds like you were fired from your employment at Daytop. I gues you are jealous that you were not that good at what you were trying to do. Maybe if you spend as much time on your counseling skills as you do on responding to peoples post you may be able to make some level of an impact. If you truly cared about the so called abuse and neglect that goes on, then Why have you not filed complaints or reported the Daytop program to DCA. I think you are just very insecure and feel like you failed. Of course Daytop has to be concerned with $. They can't help people without it. Maybe you should try and create and run a program yourself. If you know what's so wrong and can critize Daytop for waht they do then you should know how to run a more successful program. Remember Honesty is the best policy. I want you to start being Honest with yourself.

Warning!  Warning!  You have just read program bullshit and projection.  Please wash your cerebral cortex accordingly.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: The Truth
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 01:00:02 PM »
Quote from: ""Honesty""
It sounds like you were fired from your employment at Daytop. I gues you are jealous that you were not that good at what you were trying to do. Maybe if you spend as much time on your counseling skills as you do on responding to peoples post you may be able to make some level of an impact. If you truly cared about the so called abuse and neglect that goes on, then Why have you not filed complaints or reported the Daytop program to DCA. I think you are just very insecure and feel like you failed. Of course Daytop has to be concerned with $. They can't help people without it. Maybe you should try and create and run a program yourself. If you know what's so wrong and can critize Daytop for waht they do then you should know how to run a more successful program. Remember Honesty is the best policy. I want you to start being Honest with yourself.

What exactly is the DCA? Daytop has been reported literally thousands of times but can afford anything thrown its way. Either they make a settlement with a complaintant or just cover it up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 04:13:43 PM »
DCA= Department of Consumer Affairs. You can claim that they can handle anything thrown at them, but you can't say they help people. Not every program fits every person. Since Truth is your Username, maybe you should practice it. The Truth is, they try to help people. Not evryone gets help from this type of treatment. Instead of being so negative about what positive inpact the program has had on some you may want to advise truthfully and educate people about what does work wityhin the program. The Truth is they assist people with being Honest with themselves. They assist people to take responsibility for themselves. The Program does not change people, people change themselves. The Program (Daytop) can only guide them You get out of the Program (Daytop) ehat you put into it. I have seen hundreds of people that they could not help be referred out to other agencies for the appropriate care. The Truth is you know little about Daytop and Treatment.  :exclaim:

Offline odie

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 07:52:44 AM »
The truth is I know a whole lot about Daytop including a lot of their dirty laundry they don't want public. Pardon me for posting anonymously but it was in mistake.  Now you say that you have seen hundreds of people referred elsewhere by Daytop. That seems quite a small number considering how many intakes they have. I guess you must be one of those newbie staff members that haven't seen the light yet and I hope your do otherwise all your dreams will be crushed.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 08:28:36 AM »
Well Odie, Again you have it wrong. I 'm not a newbie. In fact I don't even work for Daytop. I did and although I did not agree with everything that Daytop did, I do know that they try to Help people. Does everyone agree with everything their employer does? The thousands of clients or residents that Daytop treats are spread out over a Large number of facilities. The large number comes from the fact that Daytop can and does help people. If your concerns are true, I would suggest you encourage people who need help to seek it. If you don't believe Daytop is appropriate for some individuals then you have a moral responsibility to suggest an agency that can help. You are very pre-occupied with bad rapping Daytop. If you feel your concerns are valid then you should express your bad experiences and also mention the good Daytop does. It is very easy to sit back and criticize an agency or Bad rap them. The fact is and you know it, Not every program works for everyone. Each person has individual needs. Those needs must be addressed. Daytop does address people?s needs, but can't help everyone. Remember that when a person is seeking help they need to get it. Telling people that Daytop only hurts people is wrong and you know it. Give both sides of the story. I know you have seen people do well at Daytop. They did well because the program works. In addition you should support people and encourage them, not try and minimize accomplishments of individuals and programs. Remember Honesty is the best policy.

Offline odie

• View Profile
Population increase
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 11:31:51 AM »
Daytop's modality of treatment is outdated and while at one time it served its purpose it no longer does. Sure Daytop helped some people and I am a perfect example but it failed to evolve from its roots of archaic ritualistic bullshit. They attempt to turn people into robots and when the machines rebel they are ostracized. I was a victim of misguided loyalty until I finally saw the light and moved on. I will be eternally grateful for my Daytop experience only because it made me a better person after I left it, both personally and professionally.
die

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Truth
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  I have to correct you again Odie. Daytop's modality is not outdated. It has evolved as addicts have evolved. I am very happy to hear some acknowledgement of success and I am very happy for your success. Daytop has modified treatment greatly. You may find it interesting that Daytop has been accredited by both JCAHO and CARF. I would suggest you research these boards of accreditation and look at the standards for accreditation. These boards are the ones who certify and accredit hospitals. They are thought to be the leading ethics and standard setters in the field of health and medicine.  If Daytop was as abusive or harmful as you suggest they would never gain accreditation. In fact some specific facilities have been recognized by various branches of government, medical institutions as well as scholars. I agree that at certain points in the past some of Daytop's tactics seemed outdated, But so did the field of substance abuse. With the proper funding and education to the field the tools used to treat addicts have progressed tremendously. Daytop does not create robots they help individuals become independent from substance abuse. I to am grateful for your experience. I am also sorry you had a bad experience. Some times things just don't fit. The truth is that people are helped at Daytop. As well as other programs. It would be great if anyone wanting help could get it. The field will continue to grow and I hope that Daytop and other programs will grow with it. Good Luck and I wish you continued success.