Author Topic: Scary Larry back on campus!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 70547 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Scary Larry back on campus!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »
On 2006-06-05 05:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No thesaraus required. Both my parents spoke english and were college grads. I conversed with in english with them. What is your native language?

Narba

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

For you this is a game, but for former students and potential students, there is nothing humorous about the comments on this site.

This is a site to help parents make responsible decisions about whether to consider Hyde.  Instead of making this about you, why don't you tell us about your experiences at Hyde.  What position do you hold, and what is your opinion about the school. Also since it is obvious that you have ties to the school, why don't you confirm or deny some of what is on this site."

I seriously doubt that there is a group that monitors this site.  I think the person with "cutsy name" and the other fellow may read this as a hobby, but I doubt it is on the official task list.  As a matter of fact I do not believe one of the folk vaguely alluded to does not work for Hyde any more.
  The notion that Hyde monitors this site is a delusion of grandeur.  The word I get from my source says:

"14 - 15 disaffected former students and parents"

that post here.  The idea that Hyde formally monitors this site is akin to the idea that they send staff down to the bars on Front St to see if any one is talking trash or writting anti Hyde graffitti on the bathrooms stalls.  It is a notion that is worthy of ridicule so I gave it what I thought it was worth. If you don't like my posts don't read them.  You criticize Hyde for "mind control" but then get pissy with me because I am not behaving the way you think is correct. That would be ... let me run and get my dictonary ...  it starts with an "H" .....

Narba
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
I don't know about the rest of the posters, but I never took it that Hyde watches this board 24-7 and I doubt this is what the poster meant. The word monitor simply means someone who checks quality or content of something.  I do believe Hyde regularly checks this board so in that regard I agree with the person who said they monitor the board.

As far as Hyde believing it is only a select few who are posting, this would only be true if you said that a select few REGULARLY post, but in looking back at all the posts it is obvious there are many former students, current students, former faculty, current parents and former parents who have posted negative comments about their experiences at Hyde.  This is not a select few and I think it is time that you admit there are very few success stories at Hyde compared to enrollments.  One good example of this is the fact that there were only 29 graduating seniors at Woodstock.  What happened to all the seniors?  I wish Hyde would take us through the next four years and then tell us about these 29 success stories because when I was there half of the graduating class either didn't go to college or flunked or dropped out by the end of their first year.

I wish Hyde would open up their records to an independent consultant who would record the real stats on Hyde.  I believe they are far different from what Hyde says.  I don't believe the percentage of students that go to a four year college, I don't believe the credentials listed for the teaching staff, and I don't believe the percentage of acceptances to Hyde.  I haven't even been able to get a straight answer as to what kind of degree or degrees the incoming headmaster at Woodstock has attained.  You seem to know a lot of inside info, why won't you answer this question?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »
Hey, don't forget Scary Larry Dubinsky.  Let's get an answer if he coached this year

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »
He did not coach any sport male or female.
He doesn't and probably will never be able to work at Hyde because of his past aggressions.
He works in a restaurant.
And what is a very large he/she?!?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
I do believe Hyde regularly checks this board so in that regard I agree with the person who said they monitor the board.

I don't.  Like I said, it is like reading the graffitti in the restroom.  I read it when I am there, I don't go there to read it.

Narba

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »
On 2006-06-05 18:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
I do believe Hyde regularly checks this board so in that regard I agree with the person who said they monitor the board.

I don't.  Like I said, it is like reading the graffitti in the restroom.  I read it when I am there, I don't go there to read it.

Narba

"

Then why were they so concerned about what Lars wrote that they ended up contacting him to discuss it.  They even went further by discussing it with his parents.  Wrong!!  They do read this board more than you think.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »
On 2006-06-05 20:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-06-05 18:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Narba

"

Then why were they so concerned about what Lars wrote that they ended up contacting him to discuss it.  They even went further by discussing it with his parents.  Wrong!!  They do read this board more than you think."

Well, in that case I would like to say hi to the folks:  Hi folks!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
I think the reason they contacted Lars was because when he was at Hyde he was a gung ho follower of the Hyde Line...then after college and time as an attorney, he took a sudden turn for the "bitter". The guy that called him was an old friend, who happens to work at Hyde, who was stunned by his change of attitude and wondered why.
Lars' parents were asked the same question.  What went wrong, why is he so bitter.

It wasn't because they were worried about what he was saying.  This board definitley is having an impact on the public veiw of the school.  But any responsible consumer would not take this site's comments as the gospel  They look at all info available.

It's like forming your opinions on politics and issues by just readingt the signs in the crowd on the Today Show.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »
On 2006-06-06 06:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I think the reason they contacted Lars was because when he was at Hyde he was a gung ho follower of the Hyde Line...then after college and time as an attorney, he took a sudden turn for the "bitter". The guy that called him was an old friend, who happens to work at Hyde, who was stunned by his change of attitude and wondered why.

Lars' parents were asked the same question.  What went wrong, why is he so bitter.

It wasn't because they were worried about what he was saying.  This board definitley is having an impact on the public veiw of the school.  But any responsible consumer would not take this site's comments as the gospel  They look at all info available.

It's like forming your opinions on politics and issues by just readingt the signs in the crowd on the Today Show."

But how would this "friend who happens to work at Hyde" know about Lars bitterness?  He either reads the posts or was informed about them.  This is my point, Hyde does keep up with these posts.

I don't know how much this site impacts potential parents as most are so desperate they enroll wherever the Ed Consultants tell them to without investigating. The poor kid ends up being sent to a substandard program because the parents can't handle them, not because they need to be there. Most of them are patterned after the 12 step programs and many times use humiliation,abuse and other types of unacceptable methods to get the kid to conform.  Hyde is notorious for making the kids squeal on each other.  This is another well known Cult tactic.

There are many articles on the net showing proof that these types of programs do not work.  Many times the improvement a kid shows is simply the normal maturing process and has nothing to do with the program. Click on the link above for the Cato Institute. You will find the stats interesting.  Spend your money on a good psychologist and keep your kid at home where he can be nutured and loved.

These programs mostly benefit the owners of the program, not the kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »
On 2006-06-05 10:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't know about the rest of the posters, but I never took it that Hyde watches this board 24-7 and I doubt this is what the poster meant. The word monitor simply means someone who checks quality or content of something.  I do believe Hyde regularly checks this board so in that regard I agree with the person who said they monitor the board.

As far as Hyde believing it is only a select few who are posting, this would only be true if you said that a select few REGULARLY post, but in looking back at all the posts it is obvious there are many former students, current students, former faculty, current parents and former parents who have posted negative comments about their experiences at Hyde.  This is not a select few and I think it is time that you admit there are very few success stories at Hyde compared to enrollments.  One good example of this is the fact that there were only 29 graduating seniors at Woodstock.  What happened to all the seniors?  I wish Hyde would take us through the next four years and then tell us about these 29 success stories because when I was there half of the graduating class either didn't go to college or flunked or dropped out by the end of their first year.

I wish Hyde would open up their records to an independent consultant who would record the real stats on Hyde.  I believe they are far different from what Hyde says.  I don't believe the percentage of students that go to a four year college, I don't believe the credentials listed for the teaching staff, and I don't believe the percentage of acceptances to Hyde.  I haven't even been able to get a straight answer as to what kind of degree or degrees the incoming headmaster at Woodstock has attained.  You seem to know a lot of inside info, why won't you answer this question?"

Narba, would be interested in a response to the above.  You seem to be the most frequent visitor/poster with the most knowledge of Hyde Schools who could give a response to this.
Thanx

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
If someone was bashing you in cyberspace...wouldn't check in every now and then to see what was being said?!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »
On 2006-06-06 10:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If someone was bashing you in cyberspace...wouldn't check in every now and then to see what was being said?!"

I just can't see a staff meeting where Laurie says:

"Bob, give us the latest up date on Fornits activity."

I really don't think it happens.  I play a real public figure in my non cyberlife and I know people are saying nasty things about public policy decisions I make.  I ignore it.  If some one with out an axe to grind wants to discuss and offer constructive critisism, I am all ears.  I think most folks that are in the public spot lite, even the one that is a dim as the one I am in, and have a reasonable state of emotional/mental health deal with it that way.  I hear a lot of agenda and axe grinding here.  I would ignore it.  I were them I would write it off as "14 -15 losers." Sorry.

narba

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »
On 2006-06-05 10:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't know about the rest of the posters, but I never took it that Hyde watches this board 24-7 and I doubt this is what the poster meant. The word monitor simply means someone who checks quality or content of something.  I do believe Hyde regularly checks this board so in that regard I agree with the person who said they monitor the board.

I wish Hyde would open up their records to an independent consultant who would record the real stats on Hyde.  I believe they are far different from what Hyde says.  I don't believe the percentage of students that go to a four year college, I don't believe the credentials listed for the teaching staff, and I don't believe the percentage of acceptances to Hyde.  I haven't even been able to get a straight answer as to what kind of degree or degrees the incoming headmaster at Woodstock has attained.  You seem to know a lot of inside info, why won't you answer this question?"

Narba, you are answering all the questions other than the above. Are you avoiding these questions and comments?  Come on, what kind of degrees does Laura Gauld have and from where?  What about the 29 graduates?  Why so few?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2006, 05:40:00 PM »
She has a BS in Ass Faggotry! :lol: