Author Topic: CAICA  (Read 20702 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »
New Horizons...one of the places Sue Scheff refers to.
WAKE UP, Izzy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »
WTF ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2006, 12:27:00 AM »
IS TB Fight involved with CAICA?

Many people post my site's url without telling me. This is one of those cases.  ALthough, I support anyone working to shut down/regulate WWASPS programs, there is no direct correlation between tbfight.com and any other site -- except cafety.org (which I helped design and actively participate in)... That's it   :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2006, 12:51:00 AM »
On 2006-07-01 21:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
IS TB Fight involved with CAICA?

Many people post my site's url without telling me. This is one of those cases.  ALthough, I support anyone working to shut down/regulate WWASPS programs, there is no direct correlation between tbfight.com and any other site -- except cafety.org (which I helped design and actively participate in)... That's it   :nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
On 2006-06-30 10:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-06-30 09:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Isabelle at CAICA is talking out of both sides of her mouth: as long as she strongly supports Sue Scheff/PURE...she is supporting PROGRAMS. It is that simple."

Is CAICA a non profit? I do not see anything whatsoever on her website to indicate she is a non-profit as claimed in that article about Spring Creek Lodge so why the DOT ORG?

:idea: "

I think at one time there may have been plans to have a board of directors and that's why it was mentioned in the article?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »
Has IZ become a Scientologist? CCHR is just as crazy as Tom Cruise, haevenly match.  or should I say match made in Mars.

http://caica.org/Psychiatry%20no%20scie ... 0cures.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »
Pro-Scientology?  Who the hell knows?  I'm still waiting to find out if she really believes in PURE RESULTS (whatever the hell that is).

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »
High Top and Sorenson (another Sue Scheff referral)
Koosherem, Utah

Mother?s Complaint Prompts State to Move Kids from Utah

By
Pat Bellinghausen
22 Apr 2000

Driving 900 miles was a tough trip for a Billings mother whose 12-year-old son needed intensive mental health care.
The family?s dilemma became more difficult when they took a look at their destination: A ranch for troubled youth.
Montana?s Medicaid program would have paid $125 a day for the care of Barbara Kelly?s son at this remote facility southeast of Salt Lake City. But the therapeutic program she observed didn?t appear to be what a brochure and Web site had described, Kelly said upon returning to Billings. Connie Wolff, a family friend from Ekalaka who accompanied the mother and son to southern Utah, told The Gazette that she shared Kelly?s concerns about safety and lack of facilities.
Kelly brought her son back to Billings and notified the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
Within days, the Montana Addictive and Mental Disorders Division in Helena had directed that all Montana children be transferred out of the High Top Academy near Koosharem, Utah, the facility that was the subject of complaint.
These youngsters were moved to the main campus of Sorenson?s Ranch School, which operates the High Top Academy, according to Dave Bennetts of the Addictive and Mental Disorders Division in Helena.
The AMD then followed up by directing that no more Montana youth can be referred to Sorenson?s Ranch, pending investigation of the complaint. However, the division didn?t move to relocate the nine Montana youths in care at the main campus.
?We totally agree with Mrs. Kelly,? Bennetts said. ?We have kids who were inappropriately placed at High Top. It was not the services we contracted for.?
He said the AMD Division is ?looking into whether there was inappropriate payment.? He said Sorenson?s Ranch representatives have been cooperative and helpful in telephone conversations.
Shane Sorenson, director of Sorenson?s Ranch School, said High Top Academy is a separate facility from Sorenson?s Ranch School with different ownership. However, he said the High Top Academy was started up by and licensed through Sorenson?s. He said the two facilities make referrals to each other and that High Top serves younger children.
Montana?s Medicaid program doesn?t inspect out-of-state programs, although health or probation officials may visit some facilities. Medicaid will pay for residential treatment in a facility that is licensed by the state in which it operates and is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Organizations, a nationally-recognized accrediting firm.
Sorenson?s Ranch School meets those criteria and was on a list of Medicaid-approved residential treatment facilities for youth.
But at least four Montana youth, not including Kelly?s son, were placed at the High Top Academy, about 2 miles from the main ranch. According to the Utah Division of Licensing, the High Top Ranch is licensed for a lower level of care than residential treatment.
The High Top Academy has not been reviewed by the JCAHO, which last surveyed and accredited the Sorenson?s ranch in October 1998, according to JCAHO spokeswoman Donna Larkin in Oak Brook, Ill.
According to Allan Hayward, a supervisor in the Utah Department of Human Services in Salt Lake City, High Top Academy is licensed by Utah for ?residential support? of 20 adolescent males, ages 13-17. Hayward said the main ranch is licensed for 125 youth, ages 13 to 18.
Montana children who were moved from the High Top Academy to the main ranch were ages 10, 11 and two age 13, Bennetts said.
Hayward said the Utah Division of Licensing soon will be inspecting the High Top Academy because its annual license is due for renewal in May,
Kelly said Montana should have inspected the Utah facilities before Montana children were sent there, but she commended the Addictive and Mental Disorders Division for its response to her complaint.
?I?m really proud of Dave Bennetts and Lou Thompson for moving on this,? she said.
As for her son, the boy is at home while the family waits for an opening in residential treatment at Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch near Billings.
Paying for the car trip to Utah was tough, Kelly said, but she is thankful that she was able to go down and see the place herself, something she said most parents aren?t able to do.
?These kids, they are Medicaid and welfare placements. Their parents can?t afford to take them down,? Kelly said. ?Any place we?re going to put Montana kids, somebody should at least look at it.?
Used with permission of the Billings Gazette, copyright 1999

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
On 2006-07-03 11:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Has IZ become a Scientologist? CCHR is just as crazy as Tom Cruise, haevenly match.  or should I say match made in Mars.

http://caica.org/Psychiatry%20no%20scie ... 0cures.htm"

and just like that, Gone!  poof  ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »
What did it say?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2006, 03:59:00 PM »
All hail Xenu.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2006, 04:43:00 PM »
On 2006-07-04 12:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"All hail Xenu."

:lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2006, 09:49:00 PM »

"All hail Xenu."

"All hail Xenu."

I read it, something coming from the Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR, said about pyschiatry being a fraud basically, it was very Tom Cruisy and questioning the legitimacy of mental illness.  

While I agree that over-medication is not the answer and used to often by default, and that violations of human rights is not acceptable, I think that their hidden agenda of solving human issue with some alien fantasy and made up sci fi diaretics? (hehe) dia-whatever they call it- is equally as abhorrent. abhorrent over funny as hell and absurd if only because their preaching really harms people who need help!

So here's what i think and please poke holes in this all you want because I've thought about this issue a lot and can't get past this initial assesment on mental illness and modern day society.

I don't think mental illness is figment of psychologists and psychiatrists imaginations- I think true disroders exists, but I think that much of what is labeled as such comes from, sustains and perpetuates itself because of the manner in which we exist in and among each other, relate to one another and the systems we have in place that sustains inequality, particularly the way our economic system feeds/hinders our political 'democracy' and effects/hinders our civil society which in turn goes on to sustain teh status quo, our economic system.

So long as we don't provide a space for those who are ill equipped to function within the constraints of our free market fundamentalist society, where it's survival of the fittest (unless some philanthropist or government body comes along to support you in a necessarily paternal  way) and those who can't prevail economically live with the stigma of 'mental illness' as someone who is damaged goods, or worse, lazy and at fault, will always ultimately prevail.  There's a reason those who are responsiblle for acting as caretaker within our society are paid the least, care is not valued in any particular politicized manner.

I think that, at it's root, it's fundamentally a problem of representatin within our democracy and ultimately capitalism, where there are winners  and loser, tend to be hindered in the ways that require follow through within and as defined by our economic system and sustained by our social mores b/c of this commitment to competition as individuals and as a nation for the sake of personal, economic and political domination.

We are not judged fairly, by our capacity and by true efforts, which never made much sense to me.  Doesn't it make sense?  Can't we think beyond this silly division of labor that leaves some people on doing some tedious job and others jetsetting enjoying a variety of things, why should that variety be a luxury?  

Hamilton believed there were those aristocrats (smart hence rich, huh?) who needed to be protected from the lazy and poor, as if there are millions of 'those' people (why not the lazy and rich?), so part of the justification of our government was for the purpose of mediating, to make sure that the owners of means of production have their rights to delegate services to profit from the backs of their workers protected.

Whatever your opinion on servitude aside,
the quandry ends up being in my view that, much like assuming kids are manipulative and should be censored, the poor need to go through a beauracratic mess to get what is due to them when they relinquish their right to self governance to the governement, if they can't make a living the 'normal' way they must be protected.  But, by assuming that these folks must be, or are more often than not, free loaders the obstacles are enourmous, the stigma attatched to being in some way inacapable of 'pulling yourself up by your boot straps' is enourmous!  

So here we have in some ways the suspision of mental illness in society, the stigma it creates becuase of our irrational commitment to independence and autonomy (this twitsted notion of freedom in my opinion), commitment to protecting the rich from the poor, the poor- the needy, the ones NO BODY wants to be NEEDY in our society.

thus we have unequal wealth wich =unequal power which =unequal influence=unequal democracy -----> mentally ill not only get the short end of the stick but they and their advocates get the short end in terms of represnetation as the less than people of our nation and it perpetuates itself. The unequal power relations should be considered a joke, in my view, now adays, passing off as freedom.  bah!  

Capitalism alienates people, division of labor whereby care work is of MUCH LESS value, with the tremendous difference in pay for same or more effort, where racism and sexism rear it's ugly head systematically.  We're not pay for effort, bu paid for ownership- some say pay for risk but that's just ridiculous and an unjustifiable rational, it's a symptom of the problem. it's unequal- things like inheritance, generally basic luck in terms of access to resources etc for stepping up in the heirarchy)... which has nothing to do with one's own value, particularly once we start to recognize what femenists have argued all along, we're interdependent, period, not like spores at Hobbes says, which has influenced American political thought greatly, that we form sponstaneously from and that we exists without connection to one another, which results in i think what arrises today, mostly on the Conservative front, but also  by the left- the 'mentally ill' flounder, their alienation doesn't subside, the social stigma supported by what I've said above exacerbated their condition, which I would think
I would even aruge these 'environmental' which are social, economic but mostly political conditions CREATE mental illness.

They will be the different people in this system trying to deal with the shame that exists, being the person who no body wants to be, having to rely  on paternal bs... you know, the charity cases.

I hope this makes sense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
meant to say Madison not Hamilton.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAICA
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
And of course the money you get has absolutely nothing to do with whether you choose to study for a career that has you sitting in class solving differential equations versus classes on the epistemologic deconstruction of modern neo-romantic fan-developed erotic webfiction.

Because, of course, people need someone to sweep the floor in the office where they work just as much as they need a bridge over the river to get to that office---and especially more than they need a bridge that won't fall down and dump hundreds of rush hour commuters into the river to drown.

But gee, division of labor is so eeeevil.  Why can't I be a floor sweeper one day and a civil engineer the next if I feel like it?

Hey, what's a few thousand deaths when an ill-designed office building collapses next to remaking the world to conform to my self-gratifying fantasies.  Let me prick your finger with a lancet today to get a dot on a little blood test card, but pay me as much as the guy in the lab company who designed the card, or the doctor who ordered the test.  Then tomorrow I want to be an architect, because it's cool and at my age I really need a desk job now.  Hey, the next day maybe I should be a pilot!  Ya think?  Maybe I'd like that.  I dunno, though.  Maybe it wouldn't work for me.  That takeoff and landing thing makes my ears pop.

I actually had a forty year old much-unemployed aircraft mechanic ask me what he needed to do to get into the top ten public university I graduated from, as if he could just fill out the right paperwork or take a class at a community college and walk right in the door.  Because he couldn't move around as well as he used to and thought he'd kinda like to be an architect.  Even if they let him in tomorrow, he'd flunk out in two terms.  It would take two because it's impossible, by the rules, to flunk out in just one no matter how badly you crash and burn.

But sure, everybody's work is worth just as much financially as everybody else's.

The mind boggles.

Julie