Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Straight, Inc. and Derivatives

the 72 hour law

(1/3) > >>

Elle:
the 72 hour law In ALberta there is a fairly new law called the 72 hour law. British Columbia has fiddled around with it, but I'm not positive if they are using it now.

The law allows any youth (I beleive they are using under 19) to be taken and improsned anywhere for 72 hours, and then they are given the right to leave. AARC has gained many youth this way and *surprise* none of them have left! This is supposed to be a sign that they like it there. lol.

The funny thing is that the attourney generals office wanted to meet with youth to vote on the law. I was invited, and due to a mix up and lack of caring to orginizing properly, I was the only youth. I was absolutley against it, and any treatment center taking away the rights of yoputh who are already suffering. They printed a small book about the study saying how I approved of it, it works, and the law should go through. Hmmmm.

On top of the risk of kids being sent to harmful treatment centers, there is the risk of youth who do not be in any facility, and who will then loose any trust in the system from then on. Also, for those who are heavily addicted or working for pimps, they will be sent out onto the streets in the worst part of their withdrawls, and they will probably be punished for their dissapearance. I'm absolutely sick right now with the way our government is working. I am not the only yoputh who has spoken against the 72 hour law, before and after. The majority was obviously against it, but 5 people on a pannel wanted it to go their own way.

Elle.

Elle.

gr8ful2aarc:
72 Hour law a.k.a P-CHIP The 72 hour law is to take child prostitutes off the streets to get them away from their pimps.This has nothing to do with AARC or any other treatment center.AARC has not received any one through this but thanks for coming out.

ramprato:
72 Hour law a.k.a chump I bet your "gr8ful2aarc", they probably fill your pockets daily. Could you be another "Dr." Vause alias, or just a recruited "fan"?, in either case, I have a question regarding the  quotation:

"The 72 hour law is to take child prostitutes off the streets to get them away from their pimps.This has nothing to do with AARC or any other treatment center.AARC has not received any one through this but thanks for coming out."

Who sponsored this bill? I want everybody's name that was involved with this bill, don't leave out a sole either, because we will find what you leave out......

Anybody out there know who all was behind it?

gr8ful2aarc:
72 hour law First off lets stop with the stupid threats.I did not write the law nor do I enforce it. An MLA by the name of Heather Forsyth was the one who iniatiated it.My question to you is why are you against taking 13 year old girls off the street? Where do you think they should go? Maybe you can help let them die in the gutter.

No I am not Dr.Vause and I would like to know why you are so bitter to me.I don't know you.

ramprato:
72 "My question to you is why are you against taking 13 year old girls off the street? Where do you think they should go? Maybe you can help let them die in the gutter."

Nice try, real nice try.......

I'm against AARC getting bloodstained hands on any young person period, they are nothing but mind rapists and some day I hope there is an international law prohibiting place like Straight and AARC from "treating" youth anymore.

"No I am not Dr.Vause and I would like to know why you are so bitter to me.I don't know you."

Don't matter to me who you are, WHAT you are tying to advocate embitters me, because its plain child abuse, turning a mind to mush is just plain sick.

I work off the pain in my heart by going after you sick people. If you are truly a victim of one of these sick places, then forgive me, you really don't know what you are doing..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version