Author Topic: Contacting you Reps in Congress  (Read 837 times)

Offline katfish

• View Profile
    • http://www.cafety.org
Contacting you Reps in Congress
« on: May 14, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »
Has anyone actually contacted their Reps in support of oversite of these facilities, increased community based care or EICA, Keeping Families together Act respectively?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Contacting you Reps in Congress
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »
Yup. Got a nice reply from the congressman. Sounded like he had actually read the letter. The Senators office had the whole thing twisted in such a way he responded about the no child left behind act. I had to call them and re-explain what I had written about. Never heard anything more. Got a nice, but generic letter from the first lady's office.

Sent them all copies of Help at any Cost.
Got a very nice, hand written thank you note from the First Lady's office - but haven't heard a word from the congressman or the senator.

Did get a phone call from the congressman's office inviting me to take part in a phone conference type of town meeting. So, I sat on hold for an hour while various good ole boys complained about health care and immigrants and local roads; only to find the congressman was out of time, and I wouldn't be getting a chance to surprise him with an unexpected topic.

But, I was permitted to leave a voice mail - and so I asked him had he received the book I sent - had he had a chance to read it -  If so, what did he think about what he had read - and would he Please consider being a co-sponsor for HR 1738? Not heard anything back, as of yet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »