Author Topic: Bromley Brook  (Read 27660 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Instead of getting mad, get even
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 03:14:14 AM »
I would like to put the facility on my "Secret prisons for children" page, because I find that it is a prison due to the lack of contact between the child and her social network during her stay there.

But in order to do that it would be nice to have some inside information. Could someone email me scanned papers (student handbook, parent handbook, rules, rewards, punishment etc.) to
bromleybrock@center-validering.dk

It is a outreach for your moms.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Don't Do IT!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 02:41:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Did you look into Bromley Brook? If so, what were your impressions? We are also considering it for our daughter but we definitely wouldn't do it without talking to parents and students.

DO NOT DO IT! IT WILL RUIN HER LIFE! PLEASE IF ANYTHING I BEG YOU NOT TOO!!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bromley Brook
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »
Why would you post something as ugly as that?  How about some constructive/useful information.  Do you have personal experience/first hand knowledge about Bromley or similar schools?  

ive been to bbs and it sucks so you know what go die in a hole all of you :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bromley Brook page on fornits wiki
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 04:37:06 PM »
ive been to bbs and it sucks so you know what go die in a hole all of you :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Could you help this forum by including info you have on BBS Fornits Wiki page

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Bromley Brook
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
i am currently at BBS, where a girl was actually just sent away from the program for sexually assaulting another girl in the night. Within the last month a girl was sent away from the program for coming into the school with marijuana and smoking on campus. it is not the place it is portrayed to be. many girls get things out of programs like this, but not this one. do not do this to you or your child, it's horrible. i can't say how much it's hurt me and how little help i've gotten. i've been in foster care and through the DYS/DSS system and had more help in those than in this "therapuetic program".
please help stop this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 12:51:55 PM »
I am also at bromley
do not send your daughter here
please. i am 14 and i am not able to get better here and they wont let me come home because they say even though i have been here already 3 months that i am still getting used to the program
all they want is money and you only get one therapy session a week
and i was the girl that got sexually assulted

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
Please do not send her here.
They read your and her mail and they don't send it out if it says anything bad about the school
we always get group punishments even though they say we don't. We only get one phone call a week for our first couple of months and then if we follow all the rules and they promote us to goal two then we get two a week.
and there is never a therapist around except sometimes 10-4 mondays through thursdays, unless they have their day off, they have 2 days off a week and our "week" is only 4 days long.
The staff that we are supposed to go to are not trained at all, and infact one just got fired for being horrible, yelling at, and stealing from the girls. DO not send your daughter here.
If you ask if you got mail they don't give it to you, and when you drop your daughter off the girls ask her all sorts of questions within the first 5 minutes.
PUT THIS PLACE ON SECRET PRISONS FOR TEENAGERS! all the girls hate it here and we have a runaway atleast everyother month

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:34 AM »
Dear KT:

I guess that you want out and here is a strategy.

Whenever you see your parents tell them that you want to spend more time with doing something you could have in common. Try to jog with them. No parent would say no to more time with their kid and especially if your sopposed defiant child want to do something with them. Then the parent would start to believe that the Stepford programming they ordered in the first place is starting to work.

You have to understand that your parents like parents in most schools did receive a parent manual that states that you at some point want to be pulled by them and it is manipulation in order to resist treatment.

Once you are out running with your parent then drop bombs like asking them if they had a situation where they continued to feel dirty regardless of how many time they took a bath. It is a typical reaction as result of sexual assault. Ask them how to proceed from that process.

Another little bomb would be that you are confused. You hadn't seen your own sex as a potential partner before, but as awful as the assualt was sometime after you noticed that the smell of another woman have started to touch you in a way that you both fear and are confused about. And it torments you in a single gender environment. You are in fact afraid what it could led to and wish that you could have more than one therapy session per week. Ask them how to stay straight and if they have been in a such a situation and felt like that.

Deep inside all parents want grandchilds regardless of how openminded they are.

Jogging or biking together with your parents also serve another purpose. They get physically tired. Their defenses are lowered. That is in fact a programming tactic from wilderness courses you can use against them.

So try to do the opposite that their parent manual states. Try to share feelings with your parents they won't like to know about. The parent manuals always state that teenagers like you hide something from them. So if you share "secrets" with them, the program will start to work in their mind.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2008, 07:15:47 PM »
Quote from: "Oscar Petterson"
Dear KT:

I guess that you want out and here is a strategy.

Whenever you see your parents tell them that you want to spend more time with doing something you could have in common. Try to jog with them. No parent would say no to more time with their kid and especially if your sopposed defiant child want to do something with them. Then the parent would start to believe that the Stepford programming they ordered in the first place is starting to work.

You have to understand that your parents like parents in most schools did receive a parent manual that states that you at some point want to be pulled by them and it is manipulation in order to resist treatment.

Once you are out running with your parent then drop bombs like asking them if they had a situation where they continued to feel dirty regardless of how many time they took a bath. It is a typical reaction as result of sexual assault. Ask them how to proceed from that process.

Another little bomb would be that you are confused. You hadn't seen your own sex as a potential partner before, but as awful as the assualt was sometime after you noticed that the smell of another woman have started to touch you in a way that you both fear and are confused about. And it torments you in a single gender environment. You are in fact afraid what it could led to and wish that you could have more than one therapy session per week. Ask them how to stay straight and if they have been in a such a situation and felt like that.

Deep inside all parents want grandchilds regardless of how openminded they are.

Jogging or biking together with your parents also serve another purpose. They get physically tired. Their defenses are lowered. That is in fact a programming tactic from wilderness courses you can use against them.

So try to do the opposite that their parent manual states. Try to share feelings with your parents they won't like to know about. The parent manuals always state that teenagers like you hide something from them. So if you share "secrets" with them, the program will start to work in their mind.

What bad advice coverguard.

Psy can you help this kid, please? Or antigen? KT register and Personal message "Antigen" or "Psy." they are administrators of this forum and will help you.

KT, go to CAFETY. Don't wait for your parents to help you cause chances are they may not. google CAFETY. They specialize in gettting kids out of hell holes. And they will help you. PM Kit Whitehead or dr Charles Huffine. They run the place. If they don't respond to you, go to CAICA. But try CAFETY first.

hope to hear back from you soon.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2008, 01:04:16 AM »
Covergaard is not me. He is still recovering after surgery.

As for Cafety, Isaccorp, Fican and even Caica they are good suggestions, but reallity is that it is damn hard for them to get detainees released.

What can be done is to get public awareness about the attack committed against this girl from one of the other detainees. A simple policereport would be fine or a small note in a newspaper, but the owners are skilled and have been able to keep even deaths in their programs away from the newspapers.

So how can this girls be released? She has only one parole board to go to: Her parents. It is her parents who have the key. No other!

If she is so lucky that some of her former classmates do care for any other than themselves, then she can get them to care for the case by setting up flyers in general like this.

If they care even more they could take interest in her specific case by arranging something and do it.

But if her former classmates are like most high school students only care about themselves and totally inaware about the suffering of the student whos desk suddenly is empty one morning, then this poor girl can only rely on her self.

What can she do in such a situation?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
Quote from: "Oscar Petterson"
Covergaard is not me. He is still recovering after surgery.

As for  they are good suggestions, but reallity is that it is damn hard for them to get detainees released.

What can be done is to get public awareness about the attack committed against this girl from one of the other detainees. A simple policereport would be fine or a small note in a newspaper, but the owners are skilled and have been able to keep even deaths in their programs away from the newspapers.

So how can this girls be released? She has only one parole board to go to: Her parents. It is her parents who have the key. No other!

If she is so lucky that some of her former classmates do care for any other than themselves, then she can get them to care for the case by setting up flyers in general like this.

If they care even more they could take interest in her specific case by arranging something and do it.

But if her former classmates are like most high school students only care about themselves and totally inaware about the suffering of the student whos desk suddenly is empty one morning, then this poor girl can only rely on her self.

What can she do in such a situation?

What a well written response, op. I am glad we have you helping kids from cedu, desisto, and elan.

You make very good points. I think though, it's smart for her to contact the places you and i mentioned Cafety, Isaccorp, Fican and Caica,

b4 relying on her parents, if only so people become aware of her dissapearence.

They can also interface with her parents for her. Chances are they will beleive cafety and isac.  First though , her parents should hear from these orgs and the girl that she is being tortured by a cult. If her parents  won't listen after they hear from these agencies, then it might be good to do those tactics you managed. Its good for her to talk to these people just so she knows about her rights and the people who will help her.

I'm afraid we won't hear from her again here because B.B. got a report about her telling people about her being abused by them and they will not allow her internet use anymore. Poor kid. I was her a little awhile ago. Its awful.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
i am out of options.
this isn't worth going through.
i do everything i'm supposed to and i still am restricted from communication with my dad.
i'm just going to finally grow some balls and end this.
everyone will get out of here if there's a suicide.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 01:50:32 PM »
Quote from: "beccabbu"
i am out of options.
this isn't worth going through.
i do everything i'm supposed to and i still am restricted from communication with my dad.
i'm just going to finally grow some balls and end this.
everyone will get out of here if there's a suicide.

Don't let those motherfuckers win. I've been in your situation, and believe me, I definitely sympathize. One of the few things that I did end up "learning" from my whole ordeal is that all things eventually come to pass. I had to repeat that to myself over and over again for a year and a half to keep myself sane.

All things pass.
They really do.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 03:14:13 PM »
I am also having a bad time, me and her ^ are sticking together, when ever i reach out to staff i am shunted around, and then when i give up going to staff the yell at us and room us. I sort of convinced my parents that i would be healthyr in a program more focused on family and depression rather then rules and punishment.
I had a dream last night that i ran and got home and when i woke up to someone yelling at me to get up i cried.
they say that cliques are "not as bad here" that is one of the bullshits that they tell you. in fact they are worse.
I have been here almost 12 weeks and my mom had to force them to let me come home for 5 days durring thanksgiving. they say that it is an "indevidualized" program, yeah my ass.
ha the "rigorus" accademics, no not at all school is a joke, you show up to do the elementery school work and you pass.
as for the handpicking staff, no maybe 1/10 of the staff has ANY phycology backround whatsoever.
and the exercize everyday... ahhhhhhhh......... no
My birthday is in 3 days, and i get a ten minute phone call with my parents as the present. nice

and saying that the community around supports us is a big fat lie, we went to one of the stores around here during parent visit and told the casheer that i was from BBS, and she laughed and said the fuck-up school? haha

as for saying that we all help eachother grow is another gross exageration. all day i hear about how "when im outta here all i wanna do is smoke a blunt, wanna join me?"
all the talk around school is drugs sex, violence and partying. and they want us to get better?

the SAT prep is a joke, the teacher is our head misstriss and she never shows up to her own class
it says on the website that is has a course of "Demanding college prep" no no no, the girld that are seinors have no idea what to do and who to talk to. some of them go to a class a week at CCV a community college, it is apperantly also a joke, the teacher is as dumb as dirt

"Girls will also be encouraged to express themselves through the arts of drawing, painting, pottery, photography, chorus, music instruction, writing, sharing family traditions and ceremony, meditation, visualization and relaxation exercises, and through maintaining a guided journal." direct quote from site, what journal is this? i am in every art class. i have no journal

"Bromley Brook School diplomats are well-prepared for college. The faculty guides students as they study for their college board examinations, including the SAT and ACT tests."
also a direct quote. the whole website is dripping with lies and disgusting exagerations.

oh no i have to go

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »
Quote from: "kt"
I am also having a bad time, me and her ^ are sticking together, when ever i reach out to staff i am shunted around, and then when i give up going to staff the yell at us and room us. I sort of convinced my parents that i would be healthyr in a program more focused on family and depression rather then rules and punishment.
I had a dream last night that i ran and got home and when i woke up to someone yelling at me to get up i cried.

When I was in progra, I had a dream my mother was trying to kill me, so i've been there.

they say that cliques are "not as bad here" that is one of the bullshits that they tell you. in fact they are worse.
I have been here almost 12 weeks and my mom had to force them to let me come home for 5 days durring thanksgiving. they say that it is an "indevidualized" program, yeah my ass.

Well.  Individual as your parents financial situation, if you get my drift.

ha the "rigorus" accademics, no not at all school is a joke, you show up to do the elementery school work and you pass.
as for the handpicking staff, no maybe 1/10 of the staff has ANY phycology backround whatsoever.
and the exercize everyday... ahhhhhhhh......... no
My birthday is in 3 days, and i get a ten minute phone call with my parents as the present. nice

I won't ask how you manage to get online here, but I wouldn't let it on to staff.  They might not approve of this site and it's members generally anti-forced-"treatment" leanings.

and saying that the community around supports us is a big fat lie, we went to one of the stores around here during parent visit and told the casheer that i was from BBS, and she laughed and said the fuck-up school? haha

Hey.  You're not a fuck up.  Nobody found you guilty of a crime and sentenced you to the place.  There was no due process.  Even if you fucked up, it doesn't make you a fuck up.  Fucking up is part of growing up.  Those who don't fuck up rarely learn, and some only learn by fucking up.

as for saying that we all help eachother grow is another gross exageration. all day i hear about how "when im outta here all i wanna do is smoke a blunt, wanna join me?"
all the talk around school is drugs sex, violence and partying. and they want us to get better?

Define "better".  Be who you are.  Be who you want to be.  Be yourself.  Don't let them convince you there is something wrong with you unless you came to that conclusion on your own without pressure from others.  As I said, part of growing up is fucking up.  I know/knew lots of successful guys and gals in college and on the job who "fucked up" as teenagers and now they're fine.  A couple smoked pot daily for their entire high school days.  Now they make bank in the IT industry.  One was into crystal meth for a few years before he quite (without NA, I might add, which he tried and ended up coming to the conclusion that it was a cult).  Now, he works for Apple, teaching others how to do creative things on computers.  Judging by most of the kids I knew in program, a very large percentage did not "need" to be there, by any acceptable definition.  Your parents succumbed to the marketing of a program advertising to change you into what they want you to be.  If that's not what you want than you have every right to either outwardly oppose what they are doing to you, or quietly slip under the radar by "faking it".

the SAT prep is a joke, the teacher is our head misstriss and she never shows up to her own class
it says on the website that is has a course of "Demanding college prep" no no no, the girld that are seinors have no idea what to do and who to talk to. some of them go to a class a week at CCV a community college, it is apperantly also a joke, the teacher is as dumb as dirt

"Girls will also be encouraged to express themselves through the arts of drawing, painting, pottery, photography, chorus, music instruction, writing, sharing family traditions and ceremony, meditation, visualization and relaxation exercises, and through maintaining a guided journal." direct quote from site, what journal is this? i am in every art class. i have no journal

Well.  It's marketing.  Usually with little relation to truth.  My sense is that the reason they don't let your parents talk to you much is that if you did talk, you both would figure out the program was just using you (and them) to make a buck...  at least that's the conclusion my parents and I came to when we talked it out... but wait until you're in a "safe" situation to breach that topic to your parents if you choose to.  The worst place to try it is on a vacation or home visit, in which case you'll probably be sent back, Isolated, etc... (at least that is what happened to me).

"Bromley Brook School diplomats are well-prepared for college. The faculty guides students as they study for their college board examinations, including the SAT and ACT tests."
also a direct quote. the whole website is dripping with lies and disgusting exagerations.

oh no i have to go

Take care, and again, be careful about staff seeing you post on this particular website.  Many posters here have a sort of gripe with the industry of which they are a part.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)