Author Topic: The Story of Michelle Sutton - "Broken Promises and a Life E  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Story of Michelle Sutton - "Broken Promises and a Life E
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »
Most current adults, at age 21, felt the same way about adults!  You'll be surprised at how much smarter adults get as you get older.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »
Right. Thanks for the sophistry and 'older is better' boilerplate.

Age has nothing to do with it, its an individual thing. Its just a matter of immature jerks who get enough wrinkles think they can use the fact that theyve been around the sun a few extra times to get away with their nonsense.

And the point I made is people really aren't any different than they were at teenagers - just more worn out, less hormonal, MAYBE a little better tempered, but basically the same.

Expecting any different is foolish. They might have more life experience, but theyre still as prone to flip out just like a teenager getting confronted and stood up in their program if you ever bring up something they did wrong themselves, even though as an adult they should be able to handle criticism and their own mistakes.

I really think that attitude is just groupthink - everyone wants to think theyre more mature so they perpetuate that bullshit to convince eachother they are.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »
Most of the adults to which you refer CAN handle criticism and will admit to their mistakes. Many have done so on the forum. They aren't going to admit to what YOU are insisting are their mistakes, though. There has been quite a bit of admission of parenting mistakes. If the parents don't feel it was a mistake to send their teens to a program, they are not going to say it WAS a mistake just because you are presenting evidence that YOU think all programs are a mistake.  If a teen seems to be doing well in the program, or comes out and is successful at the next school or in a job, the parent is not going to view the program as a mistake.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »
On 2006-05-11 14:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Most of the adults to which you refer CAN handle criticism and will admit to their mistakes. Many have done so on the forum. They aren't going to admit to what YOU are insisting are their mistakes, though. There has been quite a bit of admission of parenting mistakes. If the parents don't feel it was a mistake to send their teens to a program, they are not going to say it WAS a mistake just because you are presenting evidence that YOU think all programs are a mistake.  If a teen seems to be doing well in the program, or comes out and is successful at the next school or in a job, the parent is not going to view the program as a mistake.  "

"Oh, Niles!  Do me, Niles!  Yesssss!!  Yessss!!!"
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »
On 2006-05-11 14:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Most of the adults to which you refer CAN handle criticism and will admit to their mistakes. Many have done so on the forum. They aren't going to admit to what YOU are insisting are their mistakes, though. There has been quite a bit of admission of parenting mistakes. If the parents don't feel it was a mistake to send their teens to a program, they are not going to say it WAS a mistake just because you are presenting evidence that YOU think all programs are a mistake.  If a teen seems to be doing well in the program, or comes out and is successful at the next school or in a job, the parent is not going to view the program as a mistake.  "

These parents clearly need to get over their own defensiveness and desire to make themselves feel better and focus on what actually matters - and their feelings not being what does.

Also, Im not saying that I think or I feel these programs are a mistake. Im saying that the studies and all the evidence by the mainstream shows they dont work, and if they do anything at all are prone to causing further issues and problems down the line.

They just dont want to accept facts, they just want their truthiness about thier FEELINGS. And because Im not going to pander to THEIR FEELINGS, because I care about the kids more than about a bunch of immature ninnies who somehow make enough money to afford these places, they dont like me.

:wstupid:

There ain't no evidence these programs work, their justifications for them are based on thier own feelings and emotions, and theyre thinking about themselves, not their kids. Until there is evidence that a culty, coersive BM program such as WWASPS uses (or any twist upon it) works and isnt abusive, Im not going to change my stance.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
This story is not old news to me. I am just discovering this industry & fighting to keep someone i love out of it. Without discovering its dark history I would not be informed. My condolences for your loss mrs sutton. I read about your daughter and the Bacon boy & it broke my heart. This kind of this should be remembered always because it educuates.
The internet is capable of making this info available to the international community. This scandal should not be forgotten
The holocaust is old news but we remember that. :cry:
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »
Most of the adults to which you refer CAN handle criticism and will admit to their mistakes. Many have done so on the forum. They aren't going to admit to what YOU are insisting are their mistakes, though. There has been quite a bit of admission of parenting mistakes. If the parents don't feel it was a mistake to send their teens to a program, they are not going to say it WAS a mistake just because you are presenting evidence that YOU think all programs are a mistake. If a teen seems to be doing well in the program, or comes out and is successful at the next school or in a job, the parent is not going to view the program as a mistake.

Shut the fuck up, you pole-smoking NIGGER! :lol: