Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > The Seed Discussion Forum

The inevitable death of Art Barker

<< < (5/9) > >>

Stripe:
Not one single person here, whether you love him or hate him or feel nothing, none of us are going to get any kind of personal notification when this man passes on. As much as he was worshiped by some, adored by others, and some spent great big chunks of their young lives devoted to the guy and his cause, chances are his inevitable passing will be very quite.

None of us make a difference in this man's life today.  I wonder sometimes if we ever really did.  Well, maybe one or two were really loved and cared about, but certainly not the majority of us. But please, at least here, don't judge each other for what is expressed.  Just let it happen and if it dies a natrual death, so be it.  Surely we don't need to segregate the messages into "good" and "bad" so no one get offended.  

This thread was meant as an opportunity to put something out there for Art Barker- like the old unmailed letter routine - except this letter kind of gets mailed. Haven't any of you ever lost someone before you had a chance to make amends or say how you really felt? Say what mattered to you - tell someone how he or she affected your life, how they were a factor that helped change it?      

I simply proposed to have a say.  If he helped you and you want to express that, go for it. Do it now, maybe he will read it or someone will tell him and it will do his heart good.
If don't like him but you can forgive him, or are indifferent, whatever you feel, express it. Or not.  

[ This Message was edited by: Stripe on 2006-05-09 21:31 ]

GregFL:
Other than the people he kept in close contact with, we were just positive slash marks he made in some fantasy version of his where 90% of everyone locked up and inprisoned in the seed became drug free successfull adults.  I don't think anyone has mentioned to him that this may be faulty, but again....it is a bit later for changing any of that.

Your right stripe.  The passing will be quiet except within the tight community of Ft Lauderdale seedlings.

I for one would appreciate if someone who is in that society post here upon his passing.

NOT12NOW:
On 2006-05-08 14:08:00, GregFL wrote:

--- Quote ---"Lauderdale, where is your sense of humor?  Ginger's joke was not only funny, it was set up perfectly!
--- End quote ---

I agreed it's funny.  Stripe laid out the subject but the joke was all Ginger's own.

Antigen:

--- Quote ---On 2006-05-10 12:13:00, NOT12NOW wrote:

"

On 2006-05-08 14:08:00, GregFL wrote:

--- Quote ---"Lauderdale, where is your sense of humor?  Ginger's joke was not only funny, it was set up perfectly!
--- End quote ---

I agreed it's funny.  Stripe laid out the subject but the joke was all Ginger's own.
"

--- End quote ---

Why thank you, !12. How nice of you to say. But I can't really take all the credit. I learned that from an old Scottsman from Alberta who reminded me very much of a rather large dwarf; long haired, overfed leaping gnome wouldn't be too far off, but old age, hard life, bad knees and all...

Anyway, to answer the other question, no, I don't piss on graves much. In fact, never done it before in my life. It takes a special kind of person to earn that kind of contempt from me.

There's a special place in hell for those who lead others astray and more faith in honest doubt than in half the creeds.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of it's victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those that torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
C.S. Lewis, God In The Dock
--- End quote ---

Anonymous:
Holy shit! Whe the hell is EudoraDreamt??

Meet the seller
Seller: eudoradreamt ( 0 )  
Member: since Jul-01-02 in United States

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Has the whole world gone maaaaaaad???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version