Treatment Abuse, Behavior Modification, Thought Reform > Lighthouse of northwest florida (fka VCA )/ Rebekah / Roloff )

Bethesda Home for Girls

(1/15) > >>

Anonymous:
Hi, I am looking for anyone who was at the Bethesda Home for girls during 1977 to 1880.  I spent 2 years there, not by choice.  I was there the first time when Beth, the girl who was hit by the train and had her leg cut off, was there.  I was sent there at 15 and left right before my 18th birthday.  I knew the Barnwells very well during those 2 years.  I would be interested to hear anyone who was there at that time.  I reccently found a copy of the "Family Altar" book on the homes for May of 1978 from my parents basement.  There is a photo in there of the 5 girls that were in charge of all of us at that time.  I am 44 years old now and am just now cruising the web to see if anyone else experienced what I did.  We SOOOOO weren't aloud to talk to one another about how we really felt inside.
Thanks

Anonymous:
hey anonymous,
there are a couple of groups on yahoo that are for bethesda girls.  You might want to check those out.
I know about the feelings thing.  We had a lot of weird rules at Rebekah, but I cried for a month when I first got in and no one made me feel bad about it.  I think it's terrible that they didn't allow you to express what you felt.  That's inhumane.

Anonymous:
Hello, I was their 1981 I was pregnant. After 24 years I still think of that horrible place. I was one of the girls from Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I am looking for Lori Moser {sorry if missed spelled)And any other girl who was there.

Anonymous:
I am friends with Lori...wonderful person!  She is a member of roloffhomes group on yahoo.

cloud9mom:
I was there in 80 also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version