Author Topic: I lost my virginity at Hyde.  (Read 12937 times)

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
I lost my virginity at Hyde.
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:18 AM »

some of you jsut come here and bitch and moan, and that doesn't do anyone any good.

We like it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""

some of you jsut come here and bitch and moan, and that doesn't do anyone any good.

We like it.

...and it does us good.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2007, 11:37:05 AM »
people like ursus discredit what some people like this original poster say.

Curious choice of words, Billy.  Not quite sure I get what you mean.  Care to explain it to me?  Also not quite sure I understand how you or anyone else at Hyde, for that matter, feels it is within your realm to pass judgment as to what should or should not be discussed here, hmm?  Fornits isn't exactly an ancillary part of Hyde's Continuing Ed program.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
people like ursus discredit what some people like this original poster say.

Curious choice of words, Billy.  Not quite sure I get what you mean.  Care to explain it to me?  Also not quite sure I understand how you or anyone else at Hyde, for that matter, feels it is within your realm to pass judgment as to what should or should not be discussed here, hmm?  Fornits isn't exactly an ancillary part of Hyde's Continuing Ed program.

There is an idea: distance learning character education taught by former Hyde students.
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2007, 01:43:10 PM »
::roflmao::   ::roflmao::   ::roflmao::     ::deal::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""billy procida""
to the original poster:
thanks you for sharing that with us, although you shared this long ago. i read this as one of the first threads i read on fornits. i was saddened. i even emailed it to mr. bragg b/c maybe he could remember the incident and you and know you weren't lying and if you were ever brough up in conversation as a liar, he could say something. another senior at bath i met happened to read this too, he had done the same thing that i had done.
i don't like the whole battling out atmosphere on this site. i wish it could just be a place to share your experiences, good and bad. b/c it is a therapeutic thing to do. i hope others are able to post something as difficult and hate-enducing as this memory was without trying to bash hyde.
Billy, I hope you take this the way it is meant, with concern.  Contacting Mr Bragg was great.  He should know the affect he had on somebody.  You say you don't like the "whole battling out atmosphere on this sit" and that it is therapeutic to share your experiences.

Let me share my thoughts with you on the above.  I too was damaged by Hyde.  I do not come to this board to find therapy.  I go to a well qualified therapist for this.  I come to this board to get support from others who have experienced similar problems at Hyde.  It validates what happened to me and helps me get this off of my chest. Hyde destroyed parts of me by pretending to do their own therapy with seminars and FLC's.  You are very lucky that you don't seem to need Hyde for the same reasons we did.  Hyde gave hurt some of us through shame and humiliation and tried to control us through 2-4 and negative reinforcement.  This might work on some, but doesn't on others including myself.  Hyde needs to know this and maybe you are the one who can accomplish this. My worry is that hyde does not care. In your post you mention that you wish other people could tell their stories like this girl did without bashing hyde.  Go back and look at her story again.  She did bash Hyde.  She pointed out how poorly Hyde handled the entire situation and how they foster an astmosphere where the whole year this girl was ragged on.  I know you are very pro hyde and i am glad you enjoy being there, but for some of us hyde was very damaging. if you don't like to hear this i am sorry, but we are telling the truth.

I hope you continue to come to this board because you seem to be sincere, but i think that people need to say whatever they feel like saying in order to help them through their post hyde years. If I thought that hyde wanted to be different i would sit down with them tomorrow and give them my thoughts, but hyde has never shown they want to change or be better. they have their own little AA type of program and this is how they want to stay

I am amazed by the clear pattern in some of the posts on this board.  There are quite a few people posting here who attended Hyde at different times and campuses.  What they have in common are horrific reports of maltreatment by Hyde staff.  It's obvious that a number of Hyde students suffer from terribly painful trauma histories and emotional issues; Hyde's pathetic ways of dealing with these students is an abomination and has exacerbated these students' suffering.  I have heard story after story of deeply scarred Hyde students who have suffered mightily because of Hyde's obvious negligence and emotional abuse.  

The clear impression I get is that Hyde either has no clue that it's so abusive and negligent, or knows it and doesn't care.  Either way, Hyde has no business -- none -- serving teenagers who are vulnerable to serious emotional issues.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2007, 03:28:54 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The clear impression I get is that Hyde either has no clue that it's so abusive and negligent, or knows it and doesn't care. Either way, Hyde has no business -- none -- serving teenagers who are vulnerable to serious emotional issues.

Hmm... I guess I kinda assumed most, if not all, teenagers were vulnerable as per experiencing "serious emotional issues" inherently by definition... Perhaps Gauld&Co. are targeting the wrong audience.

Offline survivorami

• View Profile
Re: I lost my virginity at Hyde.
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2024, 04:54:28 AM »
this kind of shit was still happening in 2021, with rape, literally in the dorms. Same exact kind of shit and shaming and the woman being accused of lying. Fucking disgusting.