Author Topic: Abortions  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Abortions
« on: December 28, 2002, 09:52:00 PM »
Does anyone know of any girls who were forced to have an abortion in the program?

Shelby
[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 01:07:00 AM »
I heard of a girl in Straight St Pete who came in to intake bleeding and complaining of a miscarriage. The story goes that the wicked intake lady gave her a metal bucket and put her in a room. Disgusting. I couldn't prove it, but it is the terrible story I was told by a person who worked there at the time. So sad. So trajic.
 So inhumane.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »
Did you ever stop to think of CONFIDENTIALITY before you announced NAMES of people who had abortions on this board? Just because you put the last initial doesn't protect the identity of these people - especially for those who were there, and now know EXACTLY who you are referring to! How could you post an inconsiderate question such as this? Who gave you permission to VIOLATE people's privacy? Some people don't want the world to know their PRIVATE MEDICAL BUSINESS whether you think they were forced or not - and it isn't up to you to EXPOSE them - no matter how self-righteous your reasons. :flame: :flame:  :flame:

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »
1. "Confidentiality" is the reason the program got away with forcing these girls to have abortions in the first place.

2.  I don't need to protect anyone's identity from those who were in the program at the time. We obviously know about it since the victims were forced to talk about it in group.

3.  Those who weren't in the program have no clue who I'm talking about, so the victim's identity is protected on that end.

4.  This message board is hardly the "world".

5. You sound like you're still in Straight.

Shelby

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »
Did you ever stop to think of CONFIDENTIALITY before you announced NAMES of people who had abortions on this board? Just because you put the last initial doesn't protect the identity of these people - especially for those who were there, and now know EXACTLY who you are referring to! How could you post an inconsiderate question such as this? Who gave you permission to VIOLATE people's privacy? Some people don't want the world to know their PRIVATE MEDICAL BUSINESS whether you think they were forced or not - and it isn't up to you to EXPOSE them - no matter how self-righteous your reasons.

You know, this is getting old. I have been about as patient as humanly possible. I would suggest that anonymous, whoever YOU are, who posted to Shelby's topic anonymously using STRAIGHT INC overtones and styles to berate her, be advised that your continued harrassment of Shelby and others on this board has been duly noted. Why should people have to walk on egg shells? You may want to consider changing your agenda.

This is a free country, love it or leave it.

Thank you, MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 12:51:00 AM »
boy imagine my surprise after 20years and my first
time reviewing any antstraight web site to see my name and extremely personal information mentioned. i dont choose to mention my name but i can assure you i was not forced to have an abortion by straight or anyone else. I am sorry you had a rough time with straight and this is your personal crusande but i do not wish to be brought into it and resent my name being mentioned. Please understand not all of us had a horrible experience at straight and if we had that would be our responsibility to divulge not anyone elses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »
Even though I only posted first names, for what it's worth, I've edited them out. I'm sorry if I created any problems by having them there in the first place. I was assisting Wes Fager with his research into the doctors involved with Straight, not attempting to dig up anyone's personal business.

I know Wes would like to speak with you if you're so inclined. His email is [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »
Get indignant about this!!!!!!!!!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »
Get indignant about what? Forced abortions or "breaking confidentiality" on this board?
Please be specific..  :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 04:14:00 PM »
Hey anonymous, talk to Wes, it was his idea.
 :wave:

Offline hedwigfan

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »
I never heard of anyone being forced to have an abortion in Atlanta. However, any young woman who was bleeding outside her normal period should have received an immediate medical evaluation. There are several types of abortion, ranging from threatened abortion--cervix closed w/bleeding (most amenable to treatment)to inevitable abortion--cervix open w/bleeding & visible uterine contents (requires dilatation & curettage).

[ This Message was edited by: hedwigfan on 2003-09-08 16:22 ]
ll this world is but a play
Be thou the joyful player
\"Maya\"  The Incredible String Band

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »
Shelby, NOT TRUE.

If someone knows that an individual was in Straight, that does not mean they know everything about them.  First name and an initial and the knowledge that the person was there, is enough to reveal some very personal information to an employer, boyfriend, friend, family member, etc. who stumbles across this site.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Abortions
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2003, 12:02:00 AM »
On 2003-09-08 16:21:00, hedwigfan wrote:

"I never heard of anyone being forced to have an abortion in Atlanta. However, any young woman who was bleeding outside her normal period should have received an immediate medical evaluation.

I know of two; one in Sarasota and one possible in The Seed in Ft. Lauderdale.

One day in Group, a girl who'd split and stayed gone for around a month or two got stood up by staff. While 20 years later I can't remember the exact words used to tell the story, this is what I remember.

They asked her about her boyfriend and why he was not in her best interest. They asked her if there was anything more she wanted to say about that and she said no. So they asked her about the pregnancy and abortion she'd just had. She still didn't want to talk about it, she just cried. So they asked her if she understood it was all her fault for getting pregnant in the first place and to say that the abortion had been the best thing to do. I don't remember what she said or how she said it. I just remember her crying and my realizing what the fuck these lunatics were talking about.

The other girl in The Seed was someone I knew prior to and after the Program. The prosedure was done in a hospital without the girl's consent or knowledge until after the fact. They told her there was something wrong and they had to perform some procedure. They didn't tell her they'd taken the baby till a few days later.

We're not talking about spontanious abortion here. We're talking about surgicaly removing a healthy baby against the mother's will.

I agree that no one should tell such information without the victim's permission. I wish both of these ladies would think more of the girls in these programs today and less about those people in their lives who can't stand the difficult moments. But it's not my choice.

You can lead a camel to water but you can't make it stink (any more than it already does)
-- Job

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2003, 02:28:00 AM »
I do remember ... Kids of BC around 1996-97 that they were blasting and trying to coerce a girl into an abortion.  Don't remember the name though. I might have split soon after?

My question for Shelby and Wes is what are you doing with the names anyhow.  Without permission you can not legally print them in any type of media anyhow.  The stories I can understand and they NEED to be, and SHOULD be told.

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Abortions
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »
On 2003-09-08 21:02:00, Antigen wrote:

"We're not talking about spontanious abortion here. We're talking about surgicaly removing a healthy baby against the mother's will.

Ginger Warbis ~ Antigen

American drug war P.O.W.

10/80 - 10/82

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)

Anonymity Anonymous"

You realize the courts would most likely define this as murder?

CL