Author Topic: non rational drug using kids.  (Read 6762 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
non rational drug using kids.
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »
my mom smokes while on her oxygen,and also goes on a breathing treatment just to open her lungs up enough to permit a cigarrette.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
have you ver seen a canula fire?  think of a fuse in the cartoons.  I touched an ash to the end of a tube connected to an oxygen unit as part of a science experiment with the kids and it blew me away how fast it burned back toward the unit.

we get burned up units all the time, from lawyers trying to sue us - the cause of the fire is always external to the unit.

your mom has probably done all the damage to herself with the cigarettes that she can, but the risk of fire cannot be understated.

A piece of copper tube in the canula tube might provide a firebreak.

be careful out there

perhaps a non rational adult using drugs?

G[ This Message was edited by: Johnny G on 2006-05-03 19:50 ]

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
Seth and Johnny G, you guys were hard-core smokers - I remember Seth rolling out of bed and lighting up. Kools. Johnny G, you had Merits or something else vile like that. I smoked Kools when I worked with big Jim H. at the plating company, 'cause he did. Later I was a respiratory therapist and I pretty much quit. When I was 30, I married a young woman from art school - it was cool to smoke and she would light up in the shower! I finally got her to quit - about the same time she asked for a divorce.

I smoked a bit a year or two ago - like one a day or so. I started to see myself get hooked again, it's so so easy.

Seth, I am glad you did OK post heart attack. One of my coworkers went the same route, and he no longer smokes!
ally Gator

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »
On 2006-05-03 19:48:00, Johnny G wrote:

perhaps a non rational adult using drugs?

G[ This Message was edited by: Johnny G on 2006-05-03 19:50 ]"

absolutely and without a doubt she is non rational about her 'drug' usage.  She will drink or smoke to the detriment and exclusion of everything else.  She will choose cigarretes over her children and to the diminishment of what little time she has left on this earth.  And she is not alone.  It is said that cigarrette addiction/compulsion is a stronger urge than injectable drugs.  Which brings me full circle...

how ironic was it that (at least until art quit in 1980) that cigarrette smoking was not only acceptable but part of the cultural of being a seedling?  I mean, here we are, mostly non-addicts, being subjected to extreme experimental mind control techniques and addiction treatment, and the only drug that we are in real danger of being addicted to is being freely offered to us and encouraged by cultural and peer pressure?

another insane idea brought to you by The early 70s seed.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
Greg, sorry but you are sounding a little crazy to me.  I think the whole world smoked back then.  Think about all the things that have happened since .  No Smoking in Movies was first, then malls and the  restaurants government places then the world.  Jesus Greg.  I know you don't like the man, but he did alot of good even if he did smoke until 1980 or whenever.

Offline Seth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »
Yea it wasnt just seed kids that smoked it was the whole fucking crazy world, especially the drug culture ppl.  (Im talking late 60's and early 70's)

I used to chain smoke four or five Kools over coffee before I ever left the house in the morning.

But when I think back why did I even begin smoking?   Yea you know it...   I was 14 and wanted to be cool.   But cool back then wasn't really the hippies.  We called the cool people greasers and they had that elvis hair do with the ducks ass and all that  LMAO!

But Hey Cleveland you reminded me of something.   Was that plating company you were talking about called Simpsens and located in Pompano?  There was also a foundry across the street where a few of us worked.
   I was up there right across the street this morning to get a topper put on my pickup.  Simpsens is still there. (or was it Stimosons?)
   That was one LOUD place.

[ This Message was edited by: Seth on 2006-05-04 10:52 ]

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
Johnny G were you one of the Vantage smokers?

That was my answer to reducing the tar & nicotine from my Marlboro's.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »
Ya know come to think of it my High school had desiginated smoking areas also.  I think those may not exist now as well. ( Hell my old High School may not exist, its been so long) :grin:

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 03:24:00 PM »
When I came into the Cleveland Seed, Scott B. stood out in that he DIDN'T smoke. Staffers who smoked, there and in Ft. Lauderdale, included: Hank, Ginger, Lybbi, TK, Jim, Nona, Ken, Cliff (I think), Bob W., Bob K., - all the 'cool' people. The 'bad boys' and girls of the Seed. Besides Scott, Evy, Cookie and John P. were non-smokers. Maybe half of the kids who lived in the apartments smoked, maybe less, and definitely a lot less by the time I left in '86, with some strong exceptions.

I hope we've all quit by now!

Seth, I can't remember the name of the plating company but it was run by a one-armed man named Cliff. Very nice guy. I worked there with Jim, and Cindy - they later got married, and then - poof - gone.
ally Gator

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »
I think everyone one that list did quit, or had quit the last time I saw them.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »
Wasn't it "tropical Circuits" or something like that, or was that by the airport?

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
"Stimpson"  gromits & gravits and fasners or some crap like that.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »
Aww Comn, the whole world did not smoke, just OUR whole world smoked.  My dad didn't, my older sister didn't, people were being placed in "iron lungs" and the pictures of burned up smoked out lungs were well in society.

It is not like we didn't know, and I was just pointing out the IRONY of the fact that we weren't addicted to anything, but under addiction treatment, being encoured to participate in a dangerous addictive substance that has been proven to be one of the biggest health hazards known to mankind.

Crazy or not, this is almost the very definition of Irony.

And BTW, I smoked marboros until 16, switched to vantages (bite that filter, bitch! :grin:).  I had a standing promise to myself to quit at 18, and I did so.  By then I was already experiencing shortness of breath when I would run.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2006-05-04 12:52 ]

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »
Just about every kid I hung out with before the seed smoked.  I can't remember anyone that smoked pot that didn't smoke cigarettes also. I guess there were some but none that I knew.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
Aww comn your own self.  Every home had a couple of fancy ashtrays back then, and I have not seen many ashtrays these days.  unless somene is smoking a fine cuban or something. Lucy probably smoked durring her pregnancy in the 50's as well. I think the flying nun & Gidget took up the habit as well. (no pun intended)They had cigarette commercials.  Women libers were smoking Virginia Slims for god sake.  Marlboro Country and all that.  Sherrif Brody from jaws smoked.  Wasn't Alice puffing away in the kitchen of the brady bunch too?   :grin: [ This Message was edited by: Ft. Lauderdale on 2006-05-04 13:19 ]