Author Topic: KATHY MOYA (FICA)  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
KATHY MOYA (FICA)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »
On 2006-05-04 12:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Okay, I think what happened is originally Kathy had a fixed price on certain reports but has since decided to make the reports available for a "suggested donation".  At least that's my take on it, having visited the website a few days ago when it looked different.  Either way, there really isn't anything wrong with exchanging information for a fixed price or suggested donation.  

My suggestion would be for Kathy to follow the lead of orgs. like ISAC.  Let people know  specifically what you need (e.g. office equipment, computer supplies, etc.) as some people have these resources (but might be cash poor) and would gladly donate to a worthy cause such as ending institutionalized abuse.

The program investigative report concept is still "iffy" in my mind.  It smacks of the same kind of approach we have seen the ed cons and parent referral services use ... just packaged differently.  Doesn't mean that is Kathy's intent, especially since she has already stated what her primary concern is (making at least enough money to support the operational costs of her website).  

What Kathy doesn't seem to get is by offering this service to parents, she is giving credence to the idea that the troubled teen industry is somehow SAFER if a parent knows what to look for (FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY).

The industry as a whole is not safe as long as there is no accountability for mistreating even killing children.  That's the point Cathy (and others) appear to have missed by a longshot.

http://www.kathymoya.com/FICA/index.htm ... ngpage.htm"

This anonymous posting is driving me crazy?  why are you people so afraid to admit who you are?

Anyway, thanks for the post, yours is the only one that has made any valid points. (Assuming no ulterior motives--anonymous)The only one with some specific suggestions.  I do appreciate this. I will also think about what you've said, and perhaps change some things on the site.  With this said, I still don't get why you guys won't email me personally. I don't understand why you are hiding behind the anonymity of fornits. oh and PS.... this thread was continued under the title, aka SUE SCHEFF, JR.  for further reading.  And now, I will be signing off.

So Long!!!!!
Kathy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato