Author Topic: Deborah Finn  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Deborah Finn
« on: May 01, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »
Hi,

I never knew how to contact you. It was many years after I left the school that I hit bottom. I had finished college, had a child, and was between college and career. I found myself drinking daily until I had no husband or ability to function as a productive member of society. One day I was packing my things in a mad dash to move all the way to the other side of the US when I had this desire to open an old box. Half way stumbling I got the box opened and started to go through the things inside. At the very bottom I came across a worn out book and opened it. On the inside of that book it said, " To Deb..." and went on to say something from, I am assuming, your sponsor.

That book saved my life that day. I will be forever thankful for the love you showed me. You used to hug me and I would cry. You also said, " I will love you until you love yourself". You did. You loved me even when you did not know it, and it saved me.

It's funny how we can blame and hate and be angry for things that happen. I honestly believe that as long as things are not done with ill intentions that there should be no appology demanded. People are just people and if their intentions are good then they are just trying to help. People help others with what they have available themselves.

Now, I know there are some who have anger towards the school. I have to admit, I have some questions about some of the methods. Make no mistake about this, I harbor no resentments towards you or Mike. There has never been a time that I have felt any resentment towards you two. I felt that your intentions were to better the lives of the girls by sharing your experience.Mistakes are always made. I am a parent now and I know this all too well. However I feel towards anyone else in no way impacts the way I feel about you guys. Some of the things you two taught me stay with me today.  

Feel free to e- mail me so I can send you back that Big Book. Maybe someday you can pass it on to another person whos life it may impact as much as it did mine.

Thank You,

Sarah 'Matheson' (Maiden name)
[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BarnardlyB

• View Profile
Deborah Finn
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 01:35:00 AM »
Sarah,
My name is Betsy. I attended MMS from 94-96......I somewhat remember your name and possibly your face.

If you have read all the forums on this site, im sure you are aware of the one that ridicules M&D for their own sons death.
M&D don't look at this site and are very cousious about who they keep in contact with.
I am more than willing to pass this along to them and I might even do it through a third party.....
Email me or call me for more info
[email protected]
480-766-0995
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ou are you
I am I,
Two individuals dancing on our own two feet, & when were together...its beautiful