Author Topic: What Happened to "Cheryl's Kids 4 Life" where did they all g  (Read 10242 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What Happened to "Cheryl's Kids 4 Life" where did they all g
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 09:03:08 PM »
I'm still around too. It's very seldom that I find myself bored enough to check up here, but today happened to be that day. I realize a bunch of people had asked me questions on some other threads, a few months ago. I don't have the time to bump those posts and answer them. You guys are welcome to shoot them again though. I may be back.

-Evan
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Evan Sussman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 09:05:06 PM »
That was me above this. I forgot to sign in.
Evan Sussman
Ex-Student of the Whitmore Academy

Offline skulls

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 02:28:13 PM »
I'm around as well... and I would gladly testify in Cheryl's favor, and she knows that.
quot;I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I\'m out of bubblegum.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 12:55:21 AM »
Oh, really. Heard the bitch has "copped a plea."  That's a GUILTY, girlie, in the legal field; unless that's just idle gossip, of course.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 09:56:52 PM »
Little Bastards,

Learn the truth before you speak.

Shane Haley

[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 11:18:11 PM »
Little Bastard,

Learn the truth before you speak.

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,12 ... 49,00.html

The former operator of a therapeutic school for troubled youths who has been kicked out of Mexico and accused of starving horses in Canada has agreed not to run another rehabilitation school in Juab County.

The agreement in Cheryl Sudweeks' case was reached this week as part of a plea bargain in a hazing incident involving students at the now defunct Whitmore Academy in Nephi, once operated by Cheryl Sudweeks and her husband, Mark.

Sudweeks, 51, pleaded no contest to four charges of attempted hazing, all class C misdemeanors. She was originally charged with six counts of child abuse, class A misdemeanors, and two counts of hazing, one a class A misdemeanor and the other a class B misdemeanor. A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt but is treated as such for purposes of sentencing.

The charges stem from claims by four teens that they had been abused at the facility, where investigators insist there were instances of physical abuse, as well as medical, educational and environmental neglect.

The grandmother of one of the victims is furious over the plea deal reached ? insisting a child abuser got off easy. Even the prosecutor is muted in his praise for the outcome of the criminal case, calling it the best he could get under the circumstances.

"These kids made some allegations of abuse and I completely believe them. That's why I filed the case. But the fact that I believe them is one thing, whether a jury is going to believe is a whole different question," Juab County Attorney Jared Eldridge said.

The plea bargain allowed Sudweeks to enter a "plea in abeyance," which means the case will be closed in 12 months and the charges dismissed as long as she complies with the court's terms.

Those terms issued out the 4th District include completing 50 hours of community service and payment of a fine. Sudweeks also signed an agreement promising to never run a youth program in the county for the rest of her life.

"After discussing this case in the office and with other prosecutors I know, I felt this was a good way to resolve this case," Eldridge said. "It addresses some of the concerns I have ? not all of them ? but it resolves Mrs. Sudweeks to a be a law-abiding citizen for a year. Even if we got a conviction, that's all the probation she would have been given anyway. It requires her to pay a fine and do community service.

"And it shuts her down, at least here in Juab County, so they can't do business here. I believe it effectively shuts them down in the state of Utah," Eldridge said, adding that he forwarded the plea agreement to state officials over licensing.

Susan Schacherer, grandmother of a girl who was Sudweeks' boarding school for about a year, is convinced her granddaughter was repeatedly abused and humiliated.

Schacherer said the plea bargain is a slap on the wrist that sends the message that Cheryl Sudweeks can rough up minors and face no consequences. "For all intents and purposes, she got away with it," Schacherer said.

Sudweeks' lawyer, James Merrell, thinks otherwise: "Cheryl Sudweeks has had her life destroyed by the actions of some gullible people who work for the government who believe the words of kids that have a long history of lying and manipulating."

While the criminal case has been resolved, the families of four young people have filed a civil lawsuit against the Sudweekses seeking financial compensation.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 01:53:08 AM »
Mark ponte here still supporting the suds. No i have not been asked to support them. I choose to support them. Being asked to support someone is like being forced to go a pep rally. A bridge does not ask it's beams to support it, just as the sudweeks do not ask me to support them. I have not been able to get in touch with my dear friends, the sudweeks, for some time because of people like you that have ridiculed them to the point of exile. I thank you all very very much for ridding me of some of the only people who supported me in my time of need, and i thank you more so for ridiculing myself and others who support them in their time of need. Friends do that. I simply support them because of what they did for me. I myself did not bare witness to any of these "beatings" you people claim to have happened, and i find it even more entertaining that people who have almost no connection to this incident feel the need to speak their oppinion on matters that do not concern them in the slightest. I am speaking soley to the ones who do not have a connection. I am aware of the fact that many on this forum DO in fact know the sudweeks. One more thing for the record: though i doubt the poster who stated that i was supporting the sudweeks because tori was supporting the sudweeks would ever check this forum, i would like the rest of you to know, rest of you being those of you who knew me when i had my infatuation with the girl reffered to as tori , victoria degarmo in formal, that i am embaressed that I had that obession. Not because of the person she is or the things she does, i respect her and last i heard she was doing quite well, but because of the fact that it was unhealthy for me, and probably annoying to those around me. I apologize on my own behalf for displaying that level of dependance on one person. And catching you in your tracks, whoever would like to say that I am a failure in life, i would like you to know that though i may not make the best decisions and i may not have the best habits, that in no way reflects me as a person. I smoke a pack a day of cigarettes because i have an addictive personality, not because i went to the whitmore. Though the whitmore taught me the values to help myself not fall back into that habit, it was ultimatley my decision to start smoking again. My decision should not reflect the whitmore because not only am i ashamed of the fact that i fell back into this habit, but because i know if cheryl knew i was smoking, she would do all in her power to help me stop. My point is not that i still smoke. My point is that after someone leaves the whitmore, their life is in their hands. They are free to make their own decisions. Choosing to smoke, or drink, or do drugs should in now way reflect the teachings of mark and cheryl because they have always strongly discouraged the use of unnatural subtances like tobacco, alchohol, and drugs. Unnatural being of course not being produced within the human body, i am fully aware of the fact that tobacco is a natural product though the substances in cigarettes besides tobacco may not be so. I currently am holing two jobs, i go to school every day, and i am in a healthy relationship with a girl i absolutely adore. I appreciate that all of you feel the need to express your right of freedom of speach, however i do not agree with those who write slander in reference to the good name of the sudweeks. They do what they can and they have the all the best intentions for everyone they come in contact with.

Sincerely,
Mark ponte

If you have any doubt that i am in fact Mark Ponte, feel free to IM me at Loafofme on aol instant messanger i assure you i can back up the fact that I am who i say i am, and i look foward to the two liner response that critiques my spelling grammar and so on. I am aware of the fact that i try to make myself out to be a psuedo intellectual thats just the way i write i know i sound stupid. Thank you for your patience in reading this long and terribly boring truth

PS i hate this confirmation code thing i am fairly certain that i typed in the correct one

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 01:10:32 PM »
Mark, who told you that liking Tori was wrong or that it was an "obsession?"
No one has "slandered" Cheryl Sudweeks. She copped a plea in a criminal case, and she admitted her OWN GUILT. That's the deal.
Do you call living at their property up in Canada "being in exile?"

Sounds like you are doing great with your school, work,  and great girlfriend. If you so disapprove of your own smoking habit, maybe you ought to give it up?  If you don't disapprove, then smoke away.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »
no one told me that liking tori was an obsession, but what i had with her was an obsession and wasnt particularly healthy for me. I appreciate what your saying and i appreciate your point of view i am simply stating my own