Author Topic: What A Long Strange Program It's Been  (Read 12087 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What A Long Strange Program It's Been
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 10:39:59 PM »
No, you're missing the point.  Pirate (and a few others it appears) see Hippie in a completely different light than you do.  You don't like the way we view him so your solution is to resort to violence.  Not much different than the brainwashing.  Pirate was at least civil about what he said.  If you're upset with the original post then direct your anger at that poster.  

Hoppie  ::bwahaha:: deserves every bit of what he gets.  A lot of us have seen him come on here babbling in almost exactly the same fashion as the parody that started this thread.  I couldn't believe how close it was to one of Hip's real posts.  "Poor me, I had it so much worse and different than anyone else.  You just don't understand, I was the good staff, Straight could have been such a good place"....yadda yadda yadda.  :roll:  He also continuously states his opinions as fact and then gets pissy with anyone who dares challenge him.  

Everyone on here has been a target at one time or another.  Hell, look at all Rich has done and the shit he still has to put up with.  If Matt can't take what's being said here, too fucking bad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 02:11:06 AM »
...Such is life...goo-ood luck...whatever :roll:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 02:24:34 AM »
hello, pirate.  you're up late!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 02:29:50 AM »
Not really...but I'm glad to see someone besides me is...

I'm searching for a particular post...I want to respond to...

about who the hottest girl in the program was...
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 02:31:40 AM »
rock on

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 02:41:51 AM »
I don't know... the way this is all set up now..how do I just cut to page 34 of the survivors forum ??

Red Temple Prayer... do you know... ??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 02:47:57 AM »
man, I tried to do the same thing a few days ago, it's a real pain in the ass.....you might wanna try looking at somone's profile that you know posted on that thread and then "find posts by" that person.....there might be an easier way but I don't know

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 03:10:12 AM »
nevermind, but thanks.  I just hunted it down.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 07:59:09 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
No, you're missing the point.  Pirate (and a few others it appears) see Hippie in a completely different light than you do.  You don't like the way we view him so your solution is to resort to violence.  Not much different than the brainwashing.  Pirate was at least civil about what he said.  If you're upset with the original post then direct your anger at that poster.  

Hoppie  ::bwahaha:: deserves every bit of what he gets.  A lot of us have seen him come on here babbling in almost exactly the same fashion as the parody that started this thread.  I couldn't believe how close it was to one of Hip's real posts.  "Poor me, I had it so much worse and different than anyone else.  You just don't understand, I was the good staff, Straight could have been such a good place"....yadda yadda yadda.  :roll:  He also continuously states his opinions as fact and then gets pissy with anyone who dares challenge him.  

Everyone on here has been a target at one time or another.  Hell, look at all Rich has done and the shit he still has to put up with.  If Matt can't take what's being said here, too fucking bad.

I'm not the other poster you are talking to (this is my first post this thread - no time to register right now), but I think you and some of the other people are missing something. The first post on this thread, by "Stillastraightling123", can only be read as making a mockery of "Still A Hippie". That might seem like fine punishment to you, but in the real world that is called rude and mean, and there is nothing else to call it. Obviously, pirate and a few others think that is fine to do to Hippie. Obviously, they have their reasons.

I would bet that Pirate has given and gotten a few punches in his life, and I bet he would have to agree that fistfights are one of the least brainwashed forms of communication.

Now, if pirate wants to really "help Hippie to see the light", he could pay a visit to Hippie, buy him a beer, and apologize for publicly enjoying what is very essentially Straight-like: teach someone to see your shitty p.o.v. of them by singling them out in front of everybody, making a mockery and an embarassment of them, and piling the righteous hate on top.

Out of all the posters on this thread I think I would actually prefer to buy Hippie a beer. I would put money on the guy who puts on gigs to raise money for kids over the other posters who do, uh, what? Show people the light? Write vengeful and purposefully disgusting fantasies of having sex with executive staffers? There is certainly more to attractiveness and good company than whether a person is or is not recovered from being brainwashed and understands exactly what happened to their psyche and what they did to other people and so on. That takes time.

As for whether or not Matt "can take it", that is not my point. Nor is my point whether or not anyone is free to dish it out. Hate group survivors should think about whether or not they can take dishing it out anymore.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 08:17:40 PM »
Oh bullshit.  Go back and read the thread start to finish.  Sure the original post was mocking Hippie but I didn't see anything overly harsh.  Fact is that Hippie DOES write shit like that.  He's constantly telling everyone that he had it so much worse, yadda yadda.  That's an insult to the rest of us and it was pointed out in a respectful manner many times at first.  It was met with a barrage of "you just don't understand, my situation was sooooo much worse" and a bunch of insults.  No I don't have the time or the inclination to go looking around for it but I remember it clearly.  It was only AFTER numerous attempts to point the fact out that Hippie was putting himself on some sort of 'good staff' pedestal and 'worse off' survivor martyrdom that the mockery began.  In the real world it's rude and insensitive to come into a group of people like us and start off by telling everyone that they're suffering was somehow less than theirs.

As for Pirate, he didn't write the original post from what I can see.  Why is he getting under your skin so much?  He was pretty civil in this thread.  Has he been otherwise in another one?  I'm on and off of here so I'm not up to date.

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 10:06:40 PM »
Hey man, I'm not tellin' anyone how to live their life.  I aint judgin'.  I don't mean to hurt no-one.  I like Hippie, he's a real person.  We don't see eye to eye on some shit that we're both pretty passionate about is all.  I mean no disrespect to him but, well, maybe just enough for him to taste the salt.  It's just criticism.  There's no meaness in it, not from me anyway.

I laughed heartily, and then asked a serious rhetorical question.

I did not put Hippie down or demean him.

Hip. ::cheers::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 10:13:33 PM »
We all know that everyone has the same feelings to one extent or another. I am sure if Hip is lonely and wants attention so badly that he goes to extreme with his stories than we can all relate to the lonely feelings he must feel. Who cares how he is told.

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »
I did not put Hip down or demean him...as the person with criticism for me has.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:22:30 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 10:20:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

I would bet that Pirate has given and gotten a few punches in his life, and I bet he would have to agree that fistfights are one of the least brainwashed forms of communication.

I would bet that most of us have.

Now, if pirate wants to really "help Hippie to see the light", he could pay a visit to Hippie, buy him a beer, and apologize for publicly enjoying what is very essentially Straight-like: teach someone to see your shitty p.o.v. of them by singling them out in front of everybody, making a mockery and an embarassment of them, and piling the righteous hate on top.

The only hate I saw in this thread was the urging of physical violence against Pirate.  What hate did you see directed at Hippie?  And the comparison to brainwashing was valid.  You don't like the fact that some of us have some criticism of Hippie.  You want it to stop.  If it doesn't you suggest physical harm be done to those who are critical.  Not really much different than what was done to us.  Silence those with a differing opinion, by force if necessary.

I would put money on the guy who puts on gigs to raise money for kids over the other posters who do, uh, what?

You have no idea what any of us have or have not done or what we are or are not doing. ::fuckoff::

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 10:35:55 PM »
Anyway, none of the constraints that existed at $tr8 exist here.  We are just having a discussion.  No one is being coerced into anything.  No-one is being forced to be here.  It's really quite a long ways from group.