Author Topic: Jerry Vancil story  (Read 849 times)

Offline Sam Kinison

• View Profile
Jerry Vancil story
« on: April 26, 2006, 05:32:00 AM »
In October 1977,Sr. Staff decided that discipline was out of control and installed a 48 hour comedown.Part of this series of events,the most disruptive "jerks"(as they were known) were taken to the clinic(not the time-out room)and apparently roughed up as they faced the group,tears streaming down their face,apologizing for their disruptive behavior.Jerry Vancil was one of these taken in the back.Nick Garisto,a pull-off who had made it to fourth phase,participated as an old-comer in these sessions and told of his activities in the Pinellas Park HS newspaper.What I'd like to know,just for curiousity's sake,is just what did happen in the clinic that weekend.Lots of conflicting stories,but nobody is saying anything conclusive.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jerry Vancil story
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »
why don't you ask nick?.....he would know for sure.....or better yet go to the high school you mentioned and look in thier archives and see what was written umteen yrs ago.....if you look on the straight alumni site,there's a dude by the last name wiess,steve wiess,that was there 30 days after straight opened thier doors,that remembers jerry vancil.....jerry,from what i understand,had 2 siblings in the "'gram" also.....neither one finished the place....mom and the youngest one moved to atlanta.....his disappearence is a lot less of a mystery to me after reading his post on the alumni site.......jerry may have just vanished and no one has ever seen him again because he wanted it that way.....then maybe he did have "help" and really is gone out of mysterious causes.....i just think that if jerry had sibs in the "'gram",they would've sued or had it investigated in someway....not just have left in whatever fashion they did and not been heard from again.....who knows?.....hippie
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »