Author Topic: Rats are scurrying....  (Read 29674 times)

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »
how could he be?  there were comments..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »
"These websites are designed to present an honest view of HLA. They are designed for parents, students and alumni to communicate in an honest and genuine way."

the forum presents an honest view, just not the view intended.
how much "honest" and "genuine" communication occurs on a monitored and censored forum? if hla is so enthusiatic to get old students/staff connected, why so many restrictions? why only at their controlled venue? and if it is such a high priority, why not allow kids to leave with contact info?
is there anyone who doesn't see this for what it is?

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 11:19:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 20:08:00, juniper2 wrote:

"how could he be?  there were comments.."

Not in the first one, which he referenced- the one who started this thread....
I don't mean to speak for him/her, just my guess.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »
What I have recently found interesting in speaking with several state licensed TBS schools, is
that the ones I spoke with, do not require a non-refundable deposit and "all inclusive" means just
that... The contract does not hold the schools
harmless in case of a litigaion...and, the out-going mail to parents, parents letters to the children are not opened..The schools were not concerned with outgoing mail, just the in-coming from friends .The telephone calls are not monitered..Now what does that tell one about HLA
and the like?  They do not want anything getting out..(they) Buccellato wants complete control not only over his staff, but the children...and, parents...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »
"Rat are scurrying" sends the message...

Offline ap47

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 02:44:00 AM »
yeah sorry people lol i read the begginning too briefly. Anyhow- lol they fired jenine king cuz she gave one student a computer game program.... and then a student told on her in fallout.
la is the worst thing that could ever happen to u

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »
thought it was over clarkes e-mails..? that's interesting...could have been an excuse...the truth seems to lay between the lines over there..
If they did that over a computer game, then why don't they fire the catering staff, night staff,
constructionworkers for giving the kids cigarettes, etc.?

Offline mcr84kar86

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 11:33:00 AM »
Well now, for Q & Q to have to go to this much trouble, I do believe that the attention of the "authorties" cannot be far behind.

For that I would be eternally grateful.

For those of the parents reading this, an answer is always better than the unknown. I have been there.  Making a "decision" to trust an institution, when your home is laced and destroyed by mayhem and violence, has to be one of the hardest decisions of your life and no one is, on one side or the other, pushing you to decide this way or that.

Unfortuantely, HLA is NOT an option as a "holding" place.  The full "committment" is a "hard" option, that is strictly enforced, no matter what they tell you.

As you research all the options, choose a truly flexible institution that after a month or two of researching your options, you can then transfer your student.

If you read my post below, I obviously DO NOT advise you to, in any way, have anything to do with this facility, but talk to the "graduated students", who have a decent, respectful, relationship with their family, are going to school, have a job and have at least somewhat, resolved the issues with their parents, that caused them to be sent away in the first place.

Rather than trust those people who are jaded by the pile of money stcked in front of them, that is leaving your pocket and going into theirs, listen to the students, who are "adults" now and responsible for their lives and actually, some of them are parents in their own right now, and give them a chance to talk to you, "heart-to-heart".

Good luck and God Bless you All.  My post if to inform and help, not as a means to disparage.

There is an association of educational consultants that represent both educational consultants for youth going off to college, private school, or "alternative" schools. You can find it at http://www.iecaonline.com.

Most hospitals, judicial organizations, insurance companies, both public and private schools, all providers for the care of our youth, make use of this association.

The correct question is, which government agency is responsible for "policeing" this organization or imposing "ethical standards" as to who can use the title of ed con and or, also belong to this organization.

As a parent of 14 yr. old, back in 2001, who I sent to first wilderness, then therapuetic boarding school in Utah, and then had the misfortune of allowing the ed con to trick me into placing at HLA, "while we got through the court process to resolve custody issues", I KNOW there is little or NO regulation of this industry.

Those of you "former" students/parents who are most angry, and determined to make this industry change, my suggestion is that you put your energy into going to schools/institutions, where these kids are all "feeding" from and make it a point to talk to those kids and their parents/caregivers, at their schools/hosptitals/institutions, who are heading this direction and really help them understand what their "choice of behaviors" are setting them up for in life.

Even better, make your government leaders "listen" to you about "concerns", for the impact these institutions are having on, some of our most vulnerable population.

If the kids think they are doing a "power trip" because of how "unfair" their life is, etc., let them know how the "HLA/corrupt power-tripping, out-of-control institutions", relative to "unfair" is going to affect their life long-term.

HLA not only bullied my child, they used their legal/psychiatric/counseling/academic/medical/placement staff, in conjunction with the first ed con (who was then fired) to totally strip me, the mother, of any power to be able to advocate on behalf of my daughter.

They empowered a totally uncaring,unparticipative rich father(you are so surprised the cozied up to the money), whose only desire was to hurt me, to use the Guardian Ad Litem in conjunction with the (second, also unprincipled) ed con, to cut me off from participating with my child's life for a year and a half and discredit me to the Court as to my activities as a parent.

In spite of all the money, manipulation, conspiring particiapted in by all the HLA/legal/ed con staff, fortunately, for both of us, my daughter and I, we were able to just "hang-in" until the whole litigation mess was over with her dad and then get away from HLA to go on to share a decent life/relationship with the rest of our family.

Buccalato intentionally "split" the parents and inflamed our whole family conflict, for the sole purpose of ensuring, as absolutely as much cash, out of this family's already tragic difficulties as he possibly could steal.

Rather than providing one iota of resolution to any of the family's "issues", ALL parties left the experience with that institution, with not only the command to HLA to never again contact any member of the family ever, for ANY reason, all parties would gladly give voice to litigation to expose the greedy, negligent practices of this institution.

My hope is that some of you that have endured at the hands of these institutions will actually, maturely go to your Congressman, Senator, Govenor, or write the President to get them to do an investigation into the industry as a whole.

There are some very good treatment places and some incredibly dedicated people to the young people who do need a "reality check".

There are some still very disturbed young people just "ragging on" otherwise credible institutions here. It's not neccessarily to those of us who were hurt, to be the ones to distinguish bad institions from the good ones, but that would be the point of "regulation" in the country in this industry.

For better or for worse, it is an industry we need, but for God's sake, someone needs to mind the fox who is guarding the chickens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ife, treasure every moment.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
I was told by the AG office last week that the
AG cannot help with Regulations in the State of Georgia..They represent offices like ORS..I was told one has to go to the Governor...and, there has been no reply from the Governors office.Iwas also told 'off the record 'when i mentioned "but he is a "new Republican" not old, "to Go to the
Media"  ...

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 11:59:00 AM »
Please PM me ASAP..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »
Appparently there may be an "e-mail dumping"
of parents e-mail to counselors going on...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 20:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

What I have recently found interesting in speaking with several state licensed TBS schools, is
that the ones I spoke with, do not require a non-refundable deposit and "all inclusive" means just
that... The contract does not hold the schools
harmless in case of a litigaion...and, the out-going mail to parents, parents letters to the children are not opened..The schools were not concerned with outgoing mail, just the in-coming from friends .The telephone calls are not monitered..

Can you name those, please? Not to be taken as "therefore, they're good and safe and harmless" or anything. Just a statement of fact for future reference.

Any Irishman who doubts the reality of selective enforcement ought to take just a moment to comtemplate the etymology of the term "paddy waggon".
--Antigen

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »
On 2006-04-29 07:24:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Appparently there may be an "e-mail dumping"

of parents e-mail to counselors going on..."

What do you mean?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
what is wonderful for some of us parents is, we kept all our emails back and forth, so doesn't matter what they dump..........

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »
I was told that e-mails are not always read by the counselors and periodically "dumped"..So, it is good to keep records should you need them...