Author Topic: Rats are scurrying....  (Read 29656 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« on: April 25, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:14 PM
Subject: HLA Letter

Quirk & Quirk, LLC

Attorneys At Law

325 Century Springs West

6000 Lake Forrest Drive, NW

Atlanta, Georgia  30328

Telephone Number                                                                                                                                                                                                                     (404) 237-5595

Joseph P. Farrell                                                                                                                                           Facsimile Number

E-Mail Address: http://www.hlaboards.com and http://www.discusshla.com. These websites are designed to present an honest view of HLA. They are designed for parents, students and alumni to communicate in an honest and genuine way. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Charles W Cates, PhD

Headmaster

Hidden Lake Academy
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
Yes, shall we do this...?

"Finally, while HLA believes strongly that the record should be ?set straight? and that those who lie about the School should be held liable, HLA is sensitive to the perception by some that by taking legal action that HLA is somehow trying to hide the truth."

Is it not true that "Quirk and Quirk" have sent
"out "Cease And Desist" Orders signed by Judge
Stone is the middle of the night, and given to the targeted parties by the next morning..?Let's see..Marla McGhee(former LD teacher), George----(a 16 year old boy in Texas, former student),
 Clarke Poole ( Director of Admissions, former)
and I am sure Ginger can further add to the list.

At the bottom of your letter:

"HLA believes its money is spent more wisely in other ways such as teaching and counseling its students rather than litigating these types of lawsuits."  Counseling, counsel?  But, HLA is not licensed by the ORS to counsel..there are no licensed counselors with Chris Allen gone...Remember, it isn't a TBS school...counselor..Money spent more wisely for teaching? Theatre Teacher teaching English,teachers cross utilized outside their degreed fields...not certified as advertised..
Lab...gee, where is it?  Yes, let us set the record straight...Cover-up? What is there to
gain here? I don't think anyone on this site has covered up rapes,attempted suicides, hazings,
probationary children, work detail,pedophiles,
acceptance of violent children, etc, etc..How can you live with yourself and pontificate...
And when is Charles Cates going to get some backbone and tell Leonard Buccellato he is done!

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
I honestly think HLA should hire a P.R. firm..
Buccellato is authorizing and paying for(maybe)
this to be 'put' out there...I hate to break it to you HLA, but this is an embarassment to the
parents of the children in your care...These are not the "yes' men that you have working for you..
The parents are educated(not in your industry),
professional people..The parents are doctors,
lawyers and "self-made" people.....You reallly think some stunt like this is going to silence their curiousity...? With the number of attorneys as parents, why on earth would you have
Joe Farrell send that stupid letter out..?You are not teaching the parents about their first
amendment rights...they already know them...
It is you that have forgotten them...

Offline odie

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »
Didn't I see somewhere that Judge Stone is retiring? Wonder if that has anything to do with the halt to their tactics?

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison

die

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »
It is said he has nothing to do with it..It is also said they are close friends...The new judge
that is slated to take his place is reported as,
"a woman, and also very close friends...[ This Message was edited by: juniper2 on 2006-04-25 19:06 ]

Offline ap47

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »
HEy whoever started this topic, your full of crap.

How does it take EXTRA MONEY to sit in a room with kids and do therapy. Also, the education there was WAY, WAY below an AP level. I know a lot of the students arent that high of education, but theres a few who are, and I felt like i wasn't challenged at all, intellectually, by students or teachers. However, I don't want to discredit many of the staff that have a passion for their job and teaching.

But this is total crap, HLA chooses not to do this, because it knows many of these things are true. And no, HLA forums are not the place to report this:
you think if ur complaining about OJ murdering his wife, ur gonna complain on an OJ.com forum? are u kidding me?
la is the worst thing that could ever happen to u

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
THe topic is that HLA is Full of it...Are you misconstruing the topic? Sorry, I am confused..

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
The topic is in "Agreement " with what you are saying....??

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
Are you talking about their published letters to parents?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »
And why did whatshisname, overllord get booted, he was just a dumb ass kid overstepping his bounds and wanting to play war. Come on...
We're "they" afraid "he" would actually set the record straight?????
Where's the credibility, oh yea, noone has any!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »
First they send their "cease and desist" orders,
then they say they will not pursue any litigation because it adds credibility to what
the party is saying...which is it counselors, you are making yourselves out to be imbiciles..

Offline odie

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

I would direct your attention to several other web sites- http://www.hlaboards.com and http://www.discusshla.com. These websites are designed to present an honest view of HLA. They are designed for parents, students and alumni to communicate in an honest and genuine way. I hope you find these resources helpful.

Charles W Cates, PhD

Headmaster

Hidden Lake Academy

Oh ya they are real helpful to advocate with...1 site is under construction and the other averages 2 posts a day. Guess even they admit not many good things can be said about their program. He's probably wondering how the captain of the Titanic felt. :lol:

Our nada who art in nada, nada be thy name. Thy kingdom nada, thy will be nada as it is in nada. Give us this nada our daily nada and nada us our nada as we nada our nadas and nada us into nada but deliver us from nada; pues nada. Hail nothing full of nothing, nothing is with thee.
--Ernest Hemingway, American author

die

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 10:41:00 PM »
Funny!

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »
That is probably because they fired their "Network Administrator at the school...Jeanine King...

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Rats are scurrying....
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 19:09:00, juniper2 wrote:

"The topic is in "Agreement " with what you are saying....??"

I'm guessing ap47 was under the impression that Farrel, Cates, or staff posted those emails.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700