Author Topic: BULLET DODGED  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BULLET DODGED
« on: January 30, 2003, 02:59:00 PM »
Barb Henschel here:

Bullet Dodged (Wes's words)

I am terribly disappointed as I got word today that the case against SAFE was dismissed. Only one account had merit and that is Breach of Contract. But we would have to file STATE.

It is not because of lack of evidence is because we were so poorly represented. We had an attorney from CA who pretty much flew in and scammed us. There were six families in the beginning on the lawsuit. We were in a catch 22 situation, he came in took our monies and that was that. Four families were so distraught that again we were screwed. Two fathers persisted with action against him if he didn't return the money. Of course the money was gone, we asked for an account of this money, he said he couldn't find it.

So he had no choice but to file. His work was rubbish as two other attorneys have said, no let me be blunt a prominent attorney said "it is a piece of shit" We were fairly sure we had no chance with him, yet he had our monies and we could not retain another attorney.

He has NOT even called us or told us it was dismissed. I found out thru the reporter. I called Tom Burton immediately he has not returned our calls. I sent him a e-mail he has not even opened it yet.

SO it was not that we didn't have the evidence gang it was being poorly represented by a smuck who came in and played on our emotions and took our money and flew back to CA. A scam artist.

Our hearts are heavy, to write this. But I thank all of you for supporting us.

Barb Henschel
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BULLET DODGED
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »
give us the name and number of this scumbag and we'll go right to the board and ask for his liscence

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BULLET DODGED
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »
His name is Thomas Burton. We are looking into contacting the CA bar also. It is now Feb 8th and he has still not made any contact with us. Imagine that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
BULLET DODGED
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »
Usually, "hate to say I told ya' so" is a bald faced lie. Not this time. I don't understand lawyers. I'm generally skeptical of them. But I've met some who, despite my initial gut instinct, I respect and admire. And, in this case, I'd hoped that they would have worked some good medicine.

But that doesn't seem to be the case today. I'm sorry to hear of it. I know that some legal actions have had great impact and so I've bidden my tongue till now hoping that this would be one of those cases.

If ya'll are done with that, I'm ready to work what folk medicine I have to offer. No guarantees, implicit or explicit. But then, very little investment up front and no hidden charges, either.

Here's my prescription. Tell anyone who will listen just exactly as much as you're willing to share whenever and wherever it seems apropriate. Don't doubt your instinct one way or the other; it's no mistake that you and I have made the cut into the current generation of the species.

Above all, learn from your own mistakes and those of your parents and community and don't repeat them. No need to confess anything to anyone; that judgement is strictly between you, your concience and your maker on every occasion. Always is.

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues

--Abraham Lincoln

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BULLET DODGED
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »
Thomas M Burton, a most honorable and good man, was once my attorney. These "schools" drain life from children for profit while violating state and federal law; in one case I was witness to staff from an Idaho "school" harassing, following, and arranging for false charges to be filed against those able to try to bring justice and healing to their victims. In said case, many years after a vocal victim had given up hope, persons came forward to ask for forgiveness after confessing exactly what they had done; God had shown them his glory.

Sir, I am one such victim. Every year around Christmas I have horrible nightmares over the great injustice I was dealt. Nightmares that have gone on for over a decade; I am not the only person suffering the same torture.

I so loved law and the principles behind it in my youth, to such a point I spent hours reading books at the local court sometimes skipping P.E. as it was my last class and felt it not as intriguing. After my kidnapping to Idaho the beautiful lady justice that once in my mind shined like the sun atop a mountain of truth and integrity with even scales now appeared as a whore with the sins of injustice on her back. No child should be treated as we were without having guilt of a serious crime; much less when our physical (sexual in 2 cases I know of and witnessed) abuse was carefully masked as "tough love" at the rate of 250 U.S.D. per day.

Burton restored my, and my fellow victims, faith. I may have not completed my goal, however one "school" had to change names and hide for some years. (While doing their best to silence us) We are adults now, not the boys they tortured for their own sick entertainment. We, yes WE, will stop this most vile and unjust abuse to ensure the fear, nightmares, pain, and emotional scars WE face will never be placed on another human child again; it must die with us and never return.

Children have died Sir; look at the photos of the dead and read their words. You have no idea now horrible the persons Burton goes after are nor have you earned the right to comment on this subject. Friends of mine tried to take their own life in front of me, one throwing himself off a cliff. Have you ever seen a 15Yo boy hit a cliff from several hundred feet off the ground? The human body bounces with a sound and wail. Said boy was not mentally ill nor lacking standard mental capacity.

"...send our boys to dark and bloody battlefields only to return physically handicapped and psychologically deranged ... I dont know about you but I dont want to study war no more." M.L. King

We returned from hell and few listened; what happens in these dark places is considered unacceptable for convicted murderers and enemy soldiers during conventional war. But we were children; all held w/o trial or a phone call.

Damn you sir, you have not earned the right to discuss such matters.