Author Topic: "the rules"  (Read 10660 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
I remember my first confessional at open meeting. I had done a few drugs once like mesc and qualudes, but when I listed them I just knew I sounded SO hardcore because you don't say "and I tried qualudes once and got sick".instead you just list it like it was an everyday occurance.

I also listed marijuana as three drugs..pot, thc and hash. I was also sure to list all the stuff I had been accused of in intake when Brucie boy kept coming back saying "this person in group says they did acid blah blah with you".

All this was really just a copy of the people ahead of me.  When I got done, not to be outdone by others older and more hard than me, I ad libbed proudly "and everything I could find in any medicine cabinet".  Then I sat down triumphantly.

hehe..what a crock.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »
W. I don't know if i was on the front row with Evan. most names are a blur. Some names stand out. mostly staff members.

I do remember BIG FRED. super cool looking dude. older hardcore druggie. kinda guy you would be affraid of(or sexually attracted to).

however, he was a teddy bear. really nice, humble & kind.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »
Yes the X mother in law was an amazing cook I loved pickin' her brain on cooking.  She passed away last March..........she is free at last!

I finally watched the cato.org video.........must see.....incrediable message Evan and Maia gave....I'm getting the books....

another rule chain of commands....never go to the senior staff for anything or Art    Karen

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
On 2006-04-25 12:44:00, GregFL wrote:

"
I remember my first confessional at open meeting. I had done a few drugs once like mesc and qualudes, but when I listed them I just knew I sounded SO hardcore because you don't say "and I tried qualudes once and got sick".instead you just list it like it was an everyday occurance.

<

If, when you stood to say your name, age and what drugs you did.  If you had said I tried qualudes once and got sick do they think staff would have stopped you?
leveland chick 76-77

Offline soflajb

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »
Dave M - I am trying to place you, i dont remember the name.  I came in in March of 1976.  Jim B. (probably was still called Jimmy in those days).  I had a brother Bobby (magician) and sister Mary in the program too.

I remember Fred - he was from Lakewood, had a tatoo on his forearm that said "White Folks" in like gothic letters.  

I am trying to remember people on the front row with me, there was this rolly polly 13 yr old kidJimmy M. from the west side (kinda a little punk), Steve someone (he had made his own tatoo of his grilfriends name, Sandy, on his hand - he split after a few months - got started over, split again, never heard from again), Tony K. (blonde lanky guy from Parma), girls - ther were these 2 girls from St Clairsville, Kim, and I cant remember the other one, but she would never turn her head in order to not muss up her hair (it was long - eventually they got her to give in to the standard short cropped lesbian haircut that was standard in the group), she would shift her entire body from the waist to turn and look at who was speaking.  Also, Suzanne B (she had an older sister stephanie who came in first, split, got dragged back in and reemed in front of the group and was started over) - I think their dad was a doctor at the cleveland clinic - they moved to TX.  

The group was still small, as the Seed had only been in Cleveland for about 8-9 months at that point.

Karen - I think i have vague recollection of you & your sisters - were you from the east side?
[ This Message was edited by: soflajb on 2006-05-07 11:21 ][ This Message was edited by: soflajb on 2006-05-07 18:42 ]

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »
Didn't Jimmy get started over when he was on his three nights.  I think that was the kid.  He was stood up yelled at for a long, long while and then marched back to the front row.  Never knew why, scared the shit out of me.

Suzanna and Stephanie, they were the sisters with the father who was a doctor.  They were shaker kids like me so we used to car pool together.   I remember hearing that Stephanie had split a few times when she first came in.  It was always so hard for me to imagine her as someone who had bolted cause she seemed so limp by the time I knew her.

I remember Fred, was never close enough to see his tattoo but I do remember him.  One of the few non-white seedlings.  He was older right, back to work not back to school?

As I remember it, we all turned our entire bodies around to look at the person who was speaking, turning just ones head didn't show the proper enthusiasm.  

Theres a girl who's name I am trying to remember.
She was on the front row when my parents brought me to an open meeting. She had platinum hair. At the open meeting she said she wanted to make staff so I was suprised when I was admitted to see that she was actually pretty resistant.  I think she was on her front row for a long while.  When I came in(late may 76) she was on the front row with me and had apparently been there awhile.  I remember  once she got told off during a rap about work when she said that she intented to be an artist(the right answer was, of course, some profession that would allow you to help others---"that is if I don't make staff."
She got started over after she went back to school for hanging out with old friends.

ring any bells
leveland chick 76-77

Offline soflajb

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 03:47:00 PM »
On 2006-05-08 06:07:00, NOT12NOW wrote:

"Didn't Jimmy get started over when he was on his three nights.  I think that was the kid.  He was stood up yelled at for a long, long while and then marched back to the front row.  Never knew why, scared the shit out of me.

Suzanna and Stephanie, they were the sisters with the father who was a doctor.  They were shaker kids like me so we used to car pool together.   I remember hearing that Stephanie had split a few times when she first came in.  It was always so hard for me to imagine her as someone who had bolted cause she seemed so limp by the time I knew her.

I remember Fred, was never close enough to see his tattoo but I do remember him.  One of the few non-white seedlings.  He was older right, back to work not back to school?

As I remember it, we all turned our entire bodies around to look at the person who was speaking, turning just ones head didn't show the proper enthusiasm.  

Theres a girl who's name I am trying to remember.

She was on the front row when my parents brought me to an open meeting. She had platinum hair. At the open meeting she said she wanted to make staff so I was suprised when I was admitted to see that she was actually pretty resistant.  I think she was on her front row for a long while.  When I came in(late may 76) she was on the front row with me and had apparently been there awhile.  I remember  once she got told off during a rap about work when she said that she intented to be an artist(the right answer was, of course, some profession that would allow you to help others---"that is if I don't make staff."

She got started over after she went back to school for hanging out with old friends.

ring any bells
"

Not12Now - PLEASE make sure you always quantifiy which Jimmy you are talking about LOL - I have been mistaken for him by others in their foggy memories of the Seed and I would NEVER want to be mistaken for Jimmy M.  We were both kids (he was 13 I was 14) and both kinda chubby, - but he had a real attitude problem, refused to take showers/ baths like a little kid (and yes he stunk in the group sometimes), etc - yes he split and was started over. Hopefully his personal hygeine changed with age.

Fred was white, 22 yrs old, and seemed ancient to me at that time.  You may be thinking of Quinton R or a real quiet black guy named mike i think (lasr name started with a "W") Besides Kevin from shaker, those are the only black guys i remember at the seed.

And yes you remember the "B" sisters - their dad also used to do physicals for newcomers too.  

I cant remember the platinum girl you're referring to.

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »
Sorry there, Jim B., didn't mean to question your personal hygeine.
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »
:lol:

LOL - no worries - but i was horrified once when i bumped into a seed guy's older sister around 1988 and she remembered me but had confused her memories of me with those of him - i had stayed with them when i was a new comer back home (but not really as i live out of town) he had been a newcomer in their house and some days it was literally like trying to get a little child to bathe - and all those years she thought it was ME that did this!!  

i remember you really well, must have been the novelty of how young you were.  i remember you wnet on permissions with my sister - you went to randall park mall and ate at a hamburger joint that had a western theme and you guys (your mom included) sat at the tables for kids where the seats were actually saddles (i remember my sister telling me about it) - i guess it was to prove how  not into acceptance or being worried about being cool you guys were.

Offline soflajb

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »
that was me above = forgot to log in

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
i remember you wnet on permissions with my sister - you went to randall park mall and ate at a hamburger joint that had a western theme and you guys (your mom included) sat at the tables for kids where the seats were actually saddles (i remember my sister telling me about it) - i guess it was to prove how  not into acceptance or being worried about being cool you guys were."

That actually seems like something I'd do now for kicks, so maybe I did find ways to have some fun in those days.  Your sister must have been one of the girls I felt least threatened by. Where is she now?  You have no idea how happy it makes me to be reminded of events where I actually might have had a good time while I was at the seed.  

The guy I was thinking of must have been Quentin
cause I Kevin and I were close after we graduated-so I knew him well and the guy I was thinking of wasn't quiet.  He had a good singing voice, Art would get him up in front to sing.

Cleveland chick 76-77[ This Message was edited by: NOT12NOW on 2006-05-09 06:51 ]
leveland chick 76-77

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »
Soflajab...........I was on the front row May of 76  Dave M came in shortly after me we were "druggie" friends and still awesome friends today.  We were both from the eastside...shit I still am.  Dave is in L A.  I remember the girls from St Clairsville........and Suzzane and Stephanie...This site is great for clearing the cobwebs.........NOT12NOW    I remember Quentin I think he was good friends with my X     Jon P.  This is good .......... I am remembering all that stuff I stuffed       Also Ellen W, Rhea, Christine????     Karen K

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »
Karen you married Jon P?
leveland chick 76-77

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 11:41:00 AM »
I remember Ellen particularly from car pool.  My mom got a cb radio which we all played with-- Ellen's handle was the wild west.  

She was also in the greaser girls act in the seed anniversary show with me (1976.)  When we were Getting into character in the parking lot, acting druggy and aggressive, she actually scared me.
Other than that moment when I realized she could beat the shit out of me I was comfortable with her.  She was very NY funny.

Does anybody else remember that weird talent show thing that year.  We did this very silly one that Art apparently didn't like?
leveland chick 76-77

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
"the rules"
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
Loretta, Mary from Parma.
leveland chick 76-77