Author Topic: I don't get it.  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I don't get it.
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:45:00 PM »
My name is Andrea.  I have been reading this site.
I'm confused.  I went to the Seed in the early 90's.  My older brother died of an overdose. I was 19 when my parents got me on the program.  I only saw alot of positive things.  There was never any yelling or name calling.  People treated me very kindly.  I graduated from Nova University a few years after I graduated the program.  I have 10 year old twin boys who I love to death.  I'm happily married to a wonderful man.  I'm grateful for all the lessons I learned at the Seed.  I have not been in contact with the Seed for years because my husband was transfered  alot.  Has anyone heard from Cookie?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
I don't get it.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »
Hi Andrea, I was at the Seed from '79 - '86. You will find all sorts of opinions on this site, read them and make your own judgement. Each of us had their own unique experience, because we were, and are, different people. If you had a positive experience, great, but keep in mind that not everyone did. Many of the people who post here had both good and bad experiences - many of us were involved for many years. I think the Seed changed over time as well.

Some people would rather not think too critically of their experience, others would rather hang on to their opinions and just argue, rather than discuss. You can make what you want of this site - I have reconnected with some great people I knew (alas, not Cookie) that I continue to be friends with and I have also made contact with others on a more short-term basis.

The people who run this site have their own opinions, which they express strongly, but they also encourage and support dissent - a concept that is not so well tolerated in today's society, unfortunately (and in my opinion, was not well tolerated at the Seed).

I have heard from friends who were around then that the Seed was more open and tolerant by the 90s - also much smaller.

Today, the Seed has closed, but there are many copy-cat programs - most are much worse than the Seed. Peer pressure techniques are very powerful, and people who love power and control can use them to dominate and manipulate people.

So, read on, or not, it's your choice. Your opinion, whatever it is, is valid.

(Sorry Greg - the moderator - I am sort of stepping on your toes here by speaking for this site!)

w
ally Gator

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
I don't get it.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »
No your not Wally, this site is all of ours.

Welcome.

I am not sure of what you are confused about. Please elaborate.  I mean, you feel you got a good result.  Does it shock you others didn't?  

What year were you in?  Did you find any of the "love" and exlusive society talk strange?

Also, please tell us something you remember from your time in the seed that seemd important at the time. This is something I ask of all new posters.

Welcome once again!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I don't get it.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »
Thanks Cleveland.  You are kind, you remind me of the folks at the Seed.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
I don't get it.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »
Andrea,

I'm glad that your experience was positive. Maybe it's a matter of you coming in much later in time than some of the others here.

At any rate, wherever it comes from, count your blessings and be glad that you are happy, healthy and productive in this life.

Stripe
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa