Author Topic: The Birth of a Monster  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Birth of a Monster
« on: April 19, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »
Do tell!

The mystery of the beginning of all things is insoluble by us, and I for one must be content to remain an agnostic.
--Charles Robert Darwin, English naturalist

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The Birth of a Monster
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
I sort of lean toward the preverse too; a comedian playing to an audience who's too afraid to laugh.

The legislature is to society as a physician is to the patient. If a physician ignored side effects of medications like today's legislators ignore the side effects of their legislation, the physician would be accused of malpractice. I accuse today's legislators (with rare exception) of legislative malpractice. Many of the ills that are so obvious in our society are a direct result of previous legislation. Their solution? More laws!
-- John A. Bennett, DO

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
The Birth of a Monster
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »
This is about the funniest thing I have ever read on this site. I am dying to read chapter three. I am tempted to copy on and post on the Seed site, since I feel that it is instructive to all.
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Birth of a Monster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »
This comes as a great shock to me...
I have known the writer of this for almost two years...And never was i aware of what exatly happened. He's helped me alot over the years and when he showed me this forum I truly wanted to cry. A man who has been such a guiding force and a gaurdian who has helped and taught me so much when I thought my life could get no worse has litterally lived within hell on earth and survives it.
I've seen him with others who act the way he once did...I have seen him angry and I have seen him compastionate and know that it's possible for him to do so...
Yet I have also seen the weight he carries over his shoulder like Atlas and the weight of the world. His guilt is devastating to him and he tries daily to over come that...I hope he continues to fight this.
it's not people that make these things happen..it's ignorance. Not knowing what to do , how to stop it, how to control it.
I hope this helps take away some of that ignorance and helps things like this from happening elsewhere.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The Birth of a Monster
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
I find the story not only intriguing, but also quite adept in pointing out how through monetary desperation, the feeling of being wanted, or even a real drive to actually help can have a much higher price that any young adult realises.

I think that anyone who is looking to take a job as a "councilor" or any other type of job that gives one an authoritarian position over others, should be required to read such stories as this. Though these horrors (IMHO) are far more tramatic to children, even adults (many non violent offenders) in out local prisions and jails are being subjected to a like midset.

Waygookin, What has happened to you is not uncommon. What is uncommon is for the sleeper to awaken and realise the horrors that they have portrayed. Everyone was born with a conscious, but not everyone was taught that it was worth listening to.

I take my hat off to you for your courage, and I for one can not wait to read rest of your story.  The way you have thus far drawn the lines that can take one from a normal thinking human being, even with the best intentions, into one who never questions the contents of the coolaid and participate. Even at a subconscious level (as you have pointed out, not recalling exacly whay you said, even at the time, but realising the results) when you still have that voice, how ever small, telling you this is wrong.

Peace

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
The Birth of a Monster
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 02:05:00 PM »
Three Springs, once this is edited I think it would be great to have people from other programs read it. It's very instructive. Personally, I hope you get some distance from the events, because I think the chapter 3 part is too full of self-recriminations, and perhaps your sense of personal guilt will in time, meld with further awareness of how you were a cog in this system.

Why is it that we feel that kids need to be forced to be good? You were a well-meaning person, who was guilty of being young and easily manipulated yourself. What can we learn from this?
ally Gator

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
The Birth of a Monster
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »
ah, wtf. You know all these people who claim to know how to help seem to have this lust for utter control............... especially the pocketbook. Best if parents knew how to raise the kids up and rear them into being good children.But wtf, They have become bad examples to their children, not all, but most.The ones who are bad examples try to take their kids to hell with them.

Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize an undercover dictatorship. To restrict the art of healing to one class of men, and deny equal privilege to others, will be to constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic, and have no place in a Republic. The Constitution of this Republic should make special privilege for medical freedom as well as religious freedom.
--Abridged quote-Benjamin Rush, M.D., a signer of the Declaration of Independence

quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"