Author Topic: Brat camp kept children in cages without food  (Read 1632 times)

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
Brat camp kept children in cages without food
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »
Illegal ?brat camp? kept children in animal sheds

Police in Girona have arrested three people on charges of abusing children in an illegal juvenile ?brat camp? for teenagers from Switzerland.
There are reports that the children were kept shut up in cages made for wild boars when they refused to work or said they felt ill. One said he had been inside a cage for eight hours every day over a period of three months.
Italian born Lorena Elizabeth B, aged 30, her partner Armin Markus S, 44 a Swiss national and 60-year-old Raymond N from France have admitted keeping the youngsters in animal sheds and depriving them of food but deny hitting the children.
The police investigation began when national police in Figueres came were alerted when a 14-year-old boy was found wandering around the local train station. He told them he had escaped from a juvenile centre in Sant Llorenç de la Muga, because he was being mistreated there.
Police raided the premises and found five teenagers who are believed to have been mistreated by being shut in wild boar shed no bigger than a metre square..
The unlicensed centre allegedly received 4,000 euros a month per child to treat the children?s supposed behavioural problems.

I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being first and foremost, and as such I am for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole

--Malcolm X

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
The camp was in Spain and mostly served the Swiss people. Anyway, apparently the parents never visited the place before sending their kids there. This is probably happening all over the world - unfortunately some kids aren't fortunate enough to gain the attention of the police.

Screening pre-school kids for anti-social behavior is about as useful as screening the Christian Coalition for sanctimonious behavior.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=sanho+tree&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dsearch=Search+the+Web' target='_new'>Sanho Tree

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
Wait a second... MightyAardvard told me that this type of teen program abuse only occurs in the United States... I am confused?  :???:

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 09:29:00 AM »
Nope I said this type of abuse is worst in the United States, and did you miss the bit in the article about these people being charged with abuse...that's the difference.

The fact is that this sort of thing undoubtedly happens all over the world,but only in America is it a widely accepted practice that happens with the complicity of the Government.[ This Message was edited by: MightyAardvark on 2006-04-21 06:30 ]
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »
I said no such thing.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.