Author Topic: Is L**gh Br*ght still working on a book? I just started min  (Read 2486 times)

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
Is L**gh Br*ght still working on a book? I just started min
« on: December 22, 2002, 11:20:00 PM »
I am actually a KIDS survivor who did 4 1/2 years (mainly on 1st phase) of hard time.  A few years ago, I was in contact with this person who was passionately seeking survivors to tell their stories.

If this person is still out there, please find me on the KIDS board (www.kidsofnorthjersey.com).  I am currently writing a book and would like to share some of my info.  

My book, unfortunately will not be primarily targeting the atrocities that have & still are occuring because of this "DRUG WAR" which collectively seems to have created more juvenile casualties than substance abuse...

I am simply using it as a vehicle to express my experiences before KIDS of Bergen County/KIDS of North Jersey(Newton after leaving Straight), during and after.  The book will center around many lyrics from the group RUSH & their inspirational messages that have gotten me this far after almost 5 years of being "Mind F*ck*d"  ::bigsmilebounce::

Anyone interested may want to read my analysis of FEAR by RUSH, especially part III - Witch Hunt.

Ignorance, prejudice & FEAR walk hand in hand!" - RUSH Witch Hunt 1981
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 10:13:00 AM »
Might pay to be careful dealing with ***gh B****ht, she seems to have a short fuse. Good luck with your book, if you have any names to post on the suicide memorial down here, I would add them to the other ones from Kids. It really is a tragedy and a damn shame about how many people are not here anymore considering they were supposed to be getting "help" for their problems. I think there ought to be some investigations about this matter.  MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 03:05:00 PM »
I am sure Leigh is still writing her book.  As are many others.  The "I'm writing a book" theme around here resembles the '70's era Dr. Pepper commercial..."I'm a pepper, she's a pepper, he's a pepper, wouldn't ya like to be a pepper, too?"

Rather, "I'm a writer, he's a writer, she's a writer, wouldn't you like to write a  story about your years in a psycho therapeutic synanon based mindcontrol cult started by a meglomaniacial pseudo pastor of some unknown religion that affected your life then and now and is indescribable to anyone that never sat in a blue chair as they were never there and could never understand anyway but this book is a modality of therapy to help me make sense of it all book, too?"

To really set yourself apart of the other yahoos in the "great book deal race" that has resonated on these boards for quite some time, you could advise us once you have actually been awarded your 501(c)3 from the IRS, and once you have actually been cut an advance check from a publishing company.

Again, I don't mean to bust on you for your announcement. I wish you all the best.  It's just that the number of individuals with book-work in progress probably exceeds the number of posters on the bbs.

Offline jeffz*cc*l*

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
I am actually doing this as a mirror project to an endeavor that I began surrounding my work.  By trade I am a mortgage & investment banker.  I am a partner in a small firm and for all intents and purposes, run my practice almost completely autonomously from any large "institution."

I have been approached to write a book about Mortgages,Consumer Credit,and Homebuying, etc.  In the process of this, I began to explore the idea of the 501(c)3 to create an institute for people who normally would not qualify for a mortgage or ever think about buying a home.  This would provide FREE education to members of the local community.  My wet dream is to have enough funding in the 501(c)3 to offer downpayments to underprivileged people who could really benefit from it.  (Then I woke up and she wasn't there in the morning.  Oh well...)

The book that I discussed in my post is not the type of book that I think that there is much of a market for and, frankly, I've told my f*ck*ng story too many times to need to "TELL THE WORLD."  On the other hand, I do not think that writing a book based on philosophical interpretations of lyrics will ever be a best seller.

That is my point.  I am not writing this for anyone but me.  I don't care if anyone ever reads it.  I just need to write it.  I get very passionate about very few things, but man, when I focus on those things, I feel that I am in synch. with my purpose.  Without purpose, my experiences become of no value to myself or anyone.  The pain and suffering that I endured has to motivate me towards good, otherwise the resentment, anger and hate will destroy me like it has the best of us.

I don't need to tell anybody about my experiences.  I just need to write to sort out my thoughts and get a better perspective on some of the new insights that I have gained over the years.  

You are probably right.  Until I get an advance check for my PHILOSOPHICAL JOURNEY TO EXPLORE THE QUESTIONS THAT HAVE NO ANSWERS, I best not get my hopes up.  In fact, if I keep them down then I don't need to suffer disappointment upon the realization that most people could care less.  Anyhow, I think that I am realistic in my expectations and I apologize if I gave anyone the wrong idea.

Happy Holidays!

Jeff :silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
You know - I don't know which is worse - publicly slandering me with lies - or not having the balls to state your name when you do. But since I KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE - YOUR opinion means NOTHING to me. However, what baffles me is that you would publicly repeat this slander - as "what YOU understand" when you know that I am a Christian - and I do my best to love all people. If I didn't - then I wouldn't sacrifice everything to write this book. I would just be a wannabe like yourself - and hide behind one of your many phony on-line names. I have been involved with this mission since '99 - and no one has ever said an unkind word about me until YOU came along. But I thank you. It is people like you that encourages me to keep going. We all need something to rise above. I will pray that God takes away the rusted metal from your heart - and replaces it with one that is more forgiving and kind. May you find what is lacking in your life - and stop attacking what you see - and want, but can't have in mine. Jesus loves you!

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2002, 01:06:00 AM »
I know nothing about your spat with Bill, but I have learned as a lifelong southerner to never trust those who say I need Jesuses love, or that they will "pray for me".  
Christianity or any other religion being presented as a "credential" has long ago been proven by history to be a warning sign.
Think Hitler(Christian).  Think Ariel Sharon(Jew).  Think Osama Bin Laden(Islam).
Nah, give me a straight shooting atheist/agnostic anyday.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2002, 09:02:00 AM »
Okay - I concede that this is not the forum for espousing that Jesus loves someone. And in truth, it was meant as dig to MetalGod8 whom I KNOW celebrates Christmas - and yet, doesn't have love in their heart. But for you "Bill" in "Tampa" - to announce that you don't trust people of faith and then to give three of the most unfaithful humans on the planet as "proof" of your atheistic beliefs is . . . well, very "program" of you. I mean - is a person to infer that all gay people are like John Wayne Gacy? Or that all blacks are like the sniper? Or perhaps you feel that all people who are labeled "druggie" truly are lying, manipulative cockroaches? You know - as an American I support your right to express yourself - but as a human and as a survivor of these destructive programs, I urge you to look at your labeling of others. That is what the program taught us to do - to judge people and to label them and to criticize them for their lifestyles. It is our job to overcome such messages - and rise above those philosophies. Because, in fact, Hitler thought all Jews were vermin and bin Laden thinks that all Americans are infidels. What we all are is human. Next time - perhaps you should get to know me - before you attack me when all I'm doing is defending myself against biased slander - meant to prevent me from accomplishing the task of writing the book. You don't have to agree with what I say - but you should applaud that I live in a country - and not in a cult - where I am free to express myself. Free your mind "Bill" and the rest will follow!  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »
As my father-in-law used to say;

Where there are two or more gather in his name, RUN :exclaim:

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2002, 04:22:00 PM »
I spent the last couple of years writting a book about my experience in Straight.  I too, don't think it'll ever sell but it was emotionally good for me to write it.  Doing so allowed me to remember things that I otherwise forgot about and helped shape or in my case, reshape my view on Straight.
Good luck to you.

Don :wave:

Marihuana influences Negroes to to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice.

--Hearst newspapers nationwide, 1934

t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »
as "proof" of your atheistic beliefs is . . . well, very "program" of you

Next time - perhaps you should get to know me - before you attack me

GREAT QUOTES: funny though...I cant find where I said I was atheist, nor can I find where I "attacked " you.
Hmmm, I guess your godly goggles are failing you.  I just stated that in my experience, most truly close to thier god figure individuals don;t inject it into their speech on a regular basis unless they are fanatical or untolerant of others beliefs.  
I believe Osama is right in his belief system to hate us, that Sharon beleives he is right to slaughter Palestinians, and Hitler was excercising his freedom to hate Jews.  
Where people screw it up is taking up these beliefs and forcing them unto others who do not share them, like Osama did in New York, Sharon lately (what a tradgedy to see Bethlehem the way it was this Christmas, or in Hitlers warped methods.
No "name" needed, my name is Bill Hadley
Only pussys post anon.
Bill
St Pete & Atlanta
12/80-12/82

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2002, 11:05:00 PM »
Hey, I forgot to log in and posted anon in a post where I slammed anons.
ROTFLMAO
Hey, ya got me that time.  
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline dreammagician

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2002, 07:45:00 PM »
I am very proud to have anyone of us do good and write a book about project straight. You know just like we got crap when we were in straight, now we are going to get ti for stating our words and beleifs. Glad to see you sticking up for yourself leigh ann. And Bill, I am proud of you for raising kids, a great accomplishment after being in straight. Just keep up tghe good work and maybe we can get somewhere some day. Leigh ann, do you remember lori mcmasters, i bumped into her the other day at a friends house in orlando, it was weird not seeing her for 20 years and running into her at a mutual friends house in this now huge town of orolando.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2002, 09:03:00 AM »
Yes - well, sticking up for myself isn't one of my strong suits considering I was beaten into submission in the program - and then further down by my ex . . . Lori McMasters? You know, if I have the name right - she is part of my book - even mentioned her on Sixty Minutes. She left quite an impression on me (LOL) - although - it really wasn't "funny" at the time. I'd be REAL interested to speak with her again. Do you still have my e-mail address? Drop me a line!
[email protected]
LEIGH BRIGHT - (the anonymous poster who can't quite master the login/password)  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2002, 09:07:00 AM »
Yes that IS funny! Now we all think you are that ugly word (I'M KIDDING!!!!!!) :silly:  they're fun!!!! :razz: