Author Topic: Dr. Phil just sent a kid to Aspen on today's show  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dr. Phil just sent a kid to Aspen on today's show
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »
Tonight's Dr. Phil has him talking with parents of troubled kids, ending with him sending the kid to an Aspen home.  He states, "just as you would treat his broken leg, I want you to treat his broken soul".  I wonder what any alternatives would be..the kid was attacking the parents with axes and fireplace tools, and hurting their dog (though the mom said he's "never broken any of the dog's bones!").
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:00 AM »
Boy, I tell ya! The best medicine in the world for a kid who's that upset is to go on national tv and whine about it to the whole world.

These people are fucking nuts!

Perhaps the sentiments contained in the following
pages, are not yet sufficiently fashionable to procure them
general favor; a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong,
gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises
at first a formidable outcry in defence of custom.  But the
tumult soon subsides.  Time makes more converts than reason.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679433147/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Thomas Paine, Common Sense

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »
On 2006-04-17 20:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Tonight's Dr. Phil has him talking with parents of troubled kids, ending with him sending the kid to an Aspen home.  He states, "just as you would treat his broken leg, I want you to treat his broken soul".  I wonder what any alternatives would be..the kid was attacking the parents with axes and fireplace tools, and hurting their dog (though the mom said he's "never broken any of the dog's bones!")."

How the hell does a program heal anyones soul, unless theyre the most twisted masochist in existance?  :???:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »
Its all folky sounding for his audience.

Or some shit. I dont know. I also dont know how being kidnapped, taken thousands of miles to the middle of fucking nowhere and held captive in a behavior mod program is supposed to feel good or healing in any way what soever.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."