Author Topic: Advertising campaign...  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »
I suggest that we get together some of the survivors to talk about their experiences in an infomercial. At the end of the  AT the end of the infomercial this question should be asked. George Bush does 1 million dollars to the republican party protect the WWASP child torture business? You might get support from democratic heavyweights because you connect the republicans to child torture. They may smell scandel. Also mabbe, Michael Morer might be interested in doing this type of documentary.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 10:42:00 PM »
But he is a very skilled documentary maker who can get documentaries into theatre distribution.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006, 11:04:00 PM »
The prob with moore is hed make it about *HIM* and *BUSH* and the *GOP* and miss that its about the KIDS and the INDUSTRY... and the GOP.  :roll:
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline emaree

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 12:11:00 AM »
I personally would not be able to donate very much, and I'm sure this is the situation with many people. However, I am very willing to write the letters, do the research, put up the websites, etc...I have to admit I am not the type of person to take the reigns though, that's why we have aardvark. haha :smile:

Anyway do you think a broad website/blog campaign would really help though? I just feel like there are so many different organizations out there all working seperately, when they would be better served as one.
----

\"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. They should say evil prevails.\"
Lord Of War

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »
LOL i got professional video editing software. I just got Abode Premier 2.0. When i workded for the Deomocratic Party they sent me to a studio to put toghter a add and that is what they used to make commercials. I just figured it out and i can now cut a commercial now i just need more footage and i will not do a voice over as my voice sucks. I am thinkin about putting toghter a commercial using footage slamming repulicans and trying to get the democratic party to see it they will air it or even improve it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »
That's cool, at least put it up on the web... I'd love to see it.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »
ThreeSpringWaygooking has a number of very good points. Michael Moore is out because
A: he's a lying turd
B: He's a lying turd
C: He's a self aggrandising lying turd.

He'd take this footage and make it part of his personal crusade, which would discredit us by association.

On the topic of finance, I can see why you would be concerned about the degree of control we give outside investors (assuming I can find any)
The problem we have here is that we are going toe to toe with a company that can dish out a million dollars in GOP bribes without blinking and advertising on national TV can cost a truly staggering amount of money, around a hundred thousand dollars for a nationally advertised thirty second slot. Quite simply, regardless of control I don't think this is going to happen without either a huge amount of fundraising and co-operation from Fornits, NYRA, ISAC, Teenadvocatesusa and ParentsAdvocates.
If I can deep the Demo's out of it I intend to. As TSW says, we don't want to wind up harnessed to a political bandwagon. If anyone here has good working or personal relationships with any of these groups please get in touch.
We have plenty of materiel to work with but I will need a couple of people to help with research. I've been pulling ten hour days with this stuff, and conducting interviews and honestly I'm just too tired and I have a full time job to do to pay my rent, thankyou Emaree for volunteering for that. We've arranged a chat tonight I know so we can go over this.
The Anonymous with the editing software, I think I know who you are. Get in touch ASAP if you please and we can look at advertising techniques.

I think this addresses all of the issues that have been presented. I'm goig to go away and have a think. Anyone with any fundraising ideas please let me know. Thanks.

[email protected]
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 11:37:00 AM »
Another idea might be to target psychiatrists who refer parents to EdCons. I know the psychiatrist I got reccomended by had no idea what was further down the food chain. Probably therapists too and whoever else is involved in the referals. Just a thought!

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
Threesprings, can you email me or IM me please?
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 04:10:00 PM »
For fundraising, if you were a non-profit organization and people got a tax deduction for donating, I think you could get some money together.  I am not wealthy at all but would be able to give a small amount.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »
This is all very encouraging. All feedbackis welcome.

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 06:04:00 AM »
So, we've got a few people interested and a few potential donors and some ideas to bat around. Now, I wanna keep this thread to discuss potential financeial solutions, sources of help and useful ideas. However there is a great deal of span on these pages and I'm stick of getting dragging into personal arguments so would anyone with ideas/time/money/suggestions to contribute, or anyone who just wants to be involved please message me and let's see if we can't get something worked out. We've potentially got a really good weapon here but only if we use it carefully.

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Advertising campaign...
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »
sorry for the post but i'm pleased to say that my church has "agreed in principle" to supply a small amoount of funding. We guys we are up and running

Billy Joel.