Author Topic: WWASP in their own words  (Read 1974 times)

Offline emaree

• View Profile
WWASP in their own words
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »
and I didn't log in lol and I meant '03, '04 before to clarify that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
----

\"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. They should say evil prevails.\"
Lord Of War

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASP in their own words
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »
On 2006-04-15 14:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What bothers me the most is that a large portion of the kids that end up in isolation are there because they can't easily swallow or repress their anger like the rest can. They need people to actually listen to them and they need an outlet to channel their emotions into, but all they get is a bare wall, cold food, and staff restraining them constantly. They don't get to go to group or do school or watch movies...isolation just makes them more angry. It's the dumbest fucking way I have ever heard to make someone "behave." "

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

People are being treated like animals; they need psychological counseling and humane consequences that will allow them to learn how to make better choices in the future.  In schools, kids sometimes choose isolation in a predetermined spot when they need a safe place to calm down and plan what they are going to do next when they become angry and agitated.  Isolation should be voluntary, unlocked, and used as an opportunity rather than a punishment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASP in their own words
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »
My son was a kid who spent weeks and months in work sheets and the Hobbit.  Then they sent him to Jamaica.  

They lie. They lie. They lie.