Author Topic: son in WWASP program  (Read 21510 times)

Offline 001010

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Maybe some "awareness" as to what these seminars actually are might help?

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/eldon.braun/awareness/

http://www.denver-rmn.com/desperate/sit ... rate.shtml

http://www.rickross.com/groups/est.html

http://lizditz.typepad.com/i_speak_of_d ... day_a.html

David Gilcrease is an ex-est trainee/guru.

"
Teen Help [another name for WWASPs] was started by Robert Lichfield, 45, a southern Utah businessman who lives on an estate in the spectacular canyon country near St. George. He hired David Gilcrease to create a behavior modification program to all but guarantee parents would see a change in their teens....Gilcrease had been trainer from 1974-81 for LifeSpring, a company that perfected a form of encounter session called "large group awareness training."
"

wwasp dad, You're being scammed at your kid's emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual expense.

Please open your eyes!  :em:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »
On 2006-04-14 06:30:00, wwasp dad wrote:

"  first of all i would like to thank all the people who did reply to the post.  alot of the info was very informative, and if nothing else gave me a different spin on things.  the link to the video was something that i found very interesting. i new right from the beginning that first and formost that this was a business, especially considering the cost.  to answer some of your questions, we have been to the seminars, which i have to admit were quite strange, although i did pick-up SOME useful tools in dealing w/ everyday life.  my son is at midwest academy in iowa.  as for never being able to communicate without staff around, we have had a couple of off ground visits where i'm sure i would have heard about the severe stuff you guys talk about.  of course you all will say he is brainwashed, and or scared of what may happen if he did say something.. well to answer that ahead of time, you  don't know my son. i pulled him aside on both of these visits, w/o his mother around and told him to lay it all on me..now he HATES being there but does admit it gave him a different view of choices and life in general..he also had alot to say about how the PROGRAM is so gay,etc.  as for the staff, there are some he doesn't care for at all, and others he has a great deal of respect for.  we saw one staff member outside the school (coincidental at a local retail store), and if you could of seen how they greeted each other, you would've seen that this wasn't an acting job.

today or tomorrow i'm meeting with an ex-student of this particlar facility, to get his spin on all of this..he has done very well since leaving the place(about 1 year ago).  again the reason for this meeting is for more info from all the sources that are available to me.

i will post how that went in the next day or two and hopefully get more input from you folks.

thanks again for your time and input--it's greatly appreciated- - -wwasp dad"

You know, all you have to say is how much he hates it there (as if its a good thing) and there is no intrinsic good from putting someone in a situation they hate and making them suffer.

ToughLove? is bullshit, Im sad to say. Sad to say because Im sick of saying it so much  :roll:

The seminars are BUNK. They dont teach a single useful thing except for MAYBE some common sense, and even then it cant justify regressional nonsense. Erhard's attempts at this shit were debunked half a century ago!!!

Let me repeat - This was debunked HALF A CENTURY AGO! Its just rehashed now becuase MOST people in this country, including you, dont have a clue it ever existed, and because in the short term (while youre still trapped in such a facility) it seems effective.

But then again, anyone can force children into compliance if theyre afraid enough of more humiliation or suffering. The problem is theres no thereapy for anything and when hes out of WWASPS the first thing hes going to do, and I will bet you dimes to donuts, is hes going to go get laid, and get high, unless hes actually been washed or is just too afraid to do so.

Would you do otherwise? For fucks sake, wwasps wont even let kids jack off. The internet and this forum especially is absolutely full of what they do - break them down, and make them be extremely obedient to earn even basic rights back, and are severely punished for breaking any rule or disobedience whatsoever, LITERALLY brainwash them, and tell you what you want to hear.

And it seems like now youre afraid of facing what you DONT want to hear, more or less. You cant jsutify locking someone up becuase "well he cant do drugs" or "he hates it there", and it seems like thats the crux of your reasoning.

You cant lock him up forever to keep him away from drugs, and if you could, that would be illegal once he turns 18 and very immoral. And because you cant, he has to learn how to deal with things without having a staff punish him for stepping out of line or brainwashed ala Gilcrease every 6 weeks .

WWASPS doesnt teach you how to live in the real world, thats up to you and actual therapists.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
son in WWASP program
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 11:30:00 PM »
Please see http://www.kathymoya.com/FICA/index.html

I personally don't think it's worth risking my son's life in order to save his life.  I don't want my son more ruined coming out of the program than he already was going in.  With any luck your son will be one of the strong and lucky ones. I hope he survives.
 :???:
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 07:14:00 AM »
I'm completely with TSW on this one.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »
On 2006-04-14 16:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yep, the Ed Con, supporting any program that charges money... sad.

Watch this movie and ask yourself if you trust these people with your child.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0196191412 "

Yeah, she claims to be affiliated with Carlbrook, now she says WWASPS ("personally") and she always downplays the seminars as "safe and effective" but will not discuss a single detail of what goes on in them.  It's the same lad.

She uses dashes---a few at a time--and when she wants emphasis, you'll KNOW it!

At least this poster can be completely ignored now.  She's lied all over the Carlbrook thread and is now over here lying some more.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
"Instead of the pizza -- uh -- coming to you... we'll come and pick the pizza up -- and uhm -- take it... let it get cooked for a little while... in that type of sense. 'Till it's ready to come home and then -- uhm -- get a brand new hot and good pizza."

Randall Hinton

This is who you entrust you child to.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
Probably anything is better than a son being on meth, right? I mean,that would be enough to scare the bejesus out of me.

It still doesn't detract from the fact that everything the posters say is true about WWASPS, and as a former program attendee myself, I can vouch for the fact that the "tools" don't work in the real world.  In fact, when I ask former programmees who drank the Kool Aid to list the specific tools they learned, they can't come up with ONE. (Because we weren't taught any!) And They just go on the attack.

In addition, we were not given any kind of insight into our individual issues because the program is not equipped to mete out any real, individuated therapy.

These programs are built to shame you into submission, but often miss the mark in terms of finding the roots of your problem. The shaming is not of the healthy variety either.  It involves group humiliation, emotional badgering, and coersion into admitting thinigs that are often only half true or patently false.  (You give into the confessions to survive the program or you are in for one hell of an emotional beating.)  In addition, the programs do not build you up emotionally--they tear you down and only build you up as a program robot.

Everything that was good, bad, and neutral about your life prior to WWASPS is given negative denotations. There is no discernment.WWASPS is King.

Your son may leave WWASPs and never return to drugs... But I wouldn't be surprised if he experiences a HoneyMoon period followed by years of difficulty because his psyche was toyed with and manipulated to stark degree.  There will be something amiss inside, but he won't be able to put his finger on it for a loooong time, because it takes awhile for the Kool Aid to wear off. Twenty years later, don't be surprised if you find him on this site. You probbably won't even know to the degree he is impacted because it's not something we share with parents. (I should give you a list because former students of several programs share the same issues and we have gone into them in detail.)

Before you think that everyone on Fornits is a loser anyway, I should tell that many posters are very successful and look quite good on paper, and yet have experienced enough negative outgrowths from the programs to post regularly because they know "civilians" won't understand.

In fact, one of the biggest impacts of these programs is to feel disconnected from humanity and people at large on a very profound level while still wearing a smile on your face.

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »
Please explain dad whether you apporve of a facility the uses solitary confinement as punishment?
Uses emotionally disturbed children to punish other emotionally distubed children?
Violates you childs constitutional rights to communicate without censorship to his parents.
and then claims to teach accountability.
Provides no classroom instruction?
Advertises a private prison as though it were a luxury resort?
Uses seminar techniques mental health practicioners consider to be on the same leval as past life regression therapy, alien abduction therapy, rebirthing, and other forms of absolute quackery?
Search for the International Action Survivors Committee.
Ask could all of the hundreds of kids with abuse stories be lying?
I have two graduate degrees, one in a mental health field from an Ivy League university. You have lawsuits against the WWASP alleging, fraud, child endangerment, false impisonment, and negligent child care. These allegations are consistant and true. Lawyers face grave penalties if they file suits without merrit. Take your child out now!!! He needs to be in a mental hospital as much for what was done to him in the WWASP facility as for his meth use.  Please act immmediately.
[ This Message was edited by: Badpuppy on 2006-04-15 11:52 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »
WWASP Dad,

I have been reading for a few days now the sound factual information these Fornit's folks have been providing for you.

I'm an exWWASP Mom. I attended all three seminars. I was at one time a programmed cult parent. I too thought my child was in good competent hands. He wasnt. He came home in worse condition than he went in.  HE started doing drugs after he came home to deal with his anger and saddness the Program provided him with.He did drugs after he came home.Many of the wwasp kids I have spoken with have told me they did drugs after not before.

They are exposed to some disturbed kids in the Program. Normal or not they are all lumped together.

Here's a "challenge"; Next time you are on the BBS, write and question the quality of care and education the kids are receiving. Note the "feedback" from pro program parents. See if they are opened to discussing the possibilty that you parents have been MANIPULATED by the Program and NOT by your children.
Let me know the reactions . I'll be waiting.

BTW I no longer think WWASP is a good place for our children. I hate the lying pieces of shits.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »
It almost always is, TSW. :lol:

The thing is, though, there are *TONS* of people lurking here who see what happens. We're doing it for their sake. The sad thing is the trolls do a very good job of approximating the stoopid parent or the programmie, so its all just as well. Facts and reason and proof vs... emotional bullshit.

Besides, when I yelled at "sue scheff" (the troll...) she did a sufficient job of imitating $ue, that it might as well have been me vs the greedy bitch herself - to anyone watching that is.

That said, I really do wish the bitch would show up and acutally try to defend herself toe to toe instead of ducking form us while PRETENDING to be a "watchdog group".

Fucking bitch.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »
Please define "being trolled"

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »
(quote) Remember, they're independently owned, and not all of them look alike (/Quote)

I have documentary proof that links every program 0wner to lichfield by blood, marriage or church ties to with two degrees of separation.
Still wanna pretend they're independant?
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 03:15:00 AM »
Dude, they have the same fucking contracts, use the same fucking seminars, and all of them send kids to Tranquility Bay if they dont get broken down by the program they were put in in the first place.

:roll: different my ass.

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but every holiday that goes by, I think of the thousands of children that are imprisoned at WWASP.

I did go to church yesterday, along with all the rest of the C & E crowd, and I did take the time to say a prayer for them.

As for getting trolled, I am not sure? But, if WWASPS Dad makes it back, I want to know why he is here, and what exactly brought him here?
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »
It's funny, there was no one in the WWASPS forum all morning when I looked in Whos Online but then WwaspsDad signs in and there's about 6 people in there.  Do they call or IM each other and coordinate?