Author Topic: son in WWASP program  (Read 21464 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
When I was there, I could tell the therapists watched the clock as they'd say, "We're out of time today", regardless of what we were in the middle of.  

IF a therapist talked for any additional minutes, it was to threaten kids into behaving.  They'd go into the isolation units and say things like, "Your parents know you're in here, they want us to keep you in here until you start behaving, and I'm not letting you come out until you........(insert request to submit will to WWASP here)".  As people in the treatment industry, they are unethical sellouts.

I have heard that parents might be able to purchase additional therapy at some programs, but everything is viewed as a billable expense in WWASP programs.  Their markup on basic toiletries turns airport gift shop owners red with envy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline emaree

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »
yeah they charged like 90 bucks a month for all our "store" shit. you got anywhere from 0-3 candy bars a week depending on your level, suave shampoo and conditioner, and toothbrush, floss, suave lotion, crap like that, stuff you hardly ever ran out of anyway. ridiculous.
----

\"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. They should say evil prevails.\"
Lord Of War

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2006, 06:34:00 AM »
I think Dr. Huffine said it best when he described the "therapists" as being
"So far removed from any pretense of psychological validity as to have more in common with China circa 1974 than modern professional therapy"
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Badpuppy

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »
On 2006-05-14 03:34:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

"I think Dr. Huffine said it best when he described the "therapists" as being

"So far removed from any pretense of psychological validity as to have more in common with China circa 1974 than modern professional therapy"

"

Its a great quote. Do you remember the thread.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2006, 05:28:00 AM »
It was in a private email conversation he and I were having. There's another good one from Dr. Jay Kuris on page 219 of "help at any cost" in which he describes the seminars used in KIDS (which WWASPS essentially copies) as being "so far from the standard of care that it goes beyond malpractice and into inhuman and physically torturous and oppressive behaviour"

Two very clever people really.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2006, 05:28:00 AM »
It was in a private email conversation he and I were having. There's another good one from Dr. Jay Kuris on page 219 of "help at any cost" in which he describes the seminars used in KIDS (which WWASPS essentially copies) as being "so far from the standard of care that it goes beyond malpractice and into inhuman and physically torturous and oppressive behaviour"

Billy Joel.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2006, 05:28:00 AM »

Billy Joel.