Author Topic: Adults  (Read 2465 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
When I was in Straight Incorporated, the whole time I was in, we had probably about three adults of ages between 20 - 30 come into Straight. I think two of them were court ordered. Court ordered meaning they chose drug rehabilitation/boot camp over jail time.

ALL of them; and I mean ALL of them, left. They got up and walked the fuck out of group.

This does not surprise you in the least.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 08:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"When I was in Straight Incorporated, the whole time I was in, we had probably about three adults of ages between 20 - 30 come into Straight. I think two of them were court ordered. Court ordered meaning they chose drug rehabilitation/boot camp over jail time.

ALL of them; and I mean ALL of them, left. They got up and walked the fuck out of group.

That's because more than likely they were not court ordered but only TOLD that they were.  Hardly anyone was really court ordered.  More lies used to control the inmates.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 02:46:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 08:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"When I was in Straight Incorporated, the whole time I was in, we had probably about three adults of ages between 20 - 30 come into Straight. I think two of them were court ordered. Court ordered meaning they chose drug rehabilitation/boot camp over jail time.

That's because more than likely they were not court ordered but only TOLD that they were.  Hardly anyone was really court ordered.  More lies used to control the inmates."

I personally was court ordered. My probation officer had me for violation of probation for simple possession of marijuana and yes I did choose "Rehab" over prison time. I would have had a couple years state time for the original offense of "Possession of marijuana with intent to sell....Sell and delivery of marijuana to an undercover agent".....these would have been felonies, however when we got to court the evidence weighed less than an ounce so that got me off of the felony rap. thank god for a good lawyer!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »
When I was in Kids Helping Kids, there was one adult who chose to stay in the program. I believe his decision to go through the phases had something to do with his parents threatening to disown him if he did not "get help" for his drug use. I remember despising him for legitimizing the program, and I resented him for wasting the most precious gift of all: the ability to get up and walk out the door.

The adults who stayed by their own volition were an absolute mystery to me then. I guess knowing that you can leave at any time makes the abuse more tolerable. They set a bad example for others with the will to resist.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 03:52:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 12:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"When I was in Kids Helping Kids, there was one adult who chose to stay in the program. I believe his decision to go through the phases had something to do with his parents threatening to disown him if he did not "get help" for his drug use. I remember despising him for legitimizing the program, and I resented him for wasting the most precious gift of all: the ability to get up and walk out the door.

The adults who stayed by their own volition were an absolute mystery to me then. I guess knowing that you can leave at any time makes the abuse more tolerable. They set a bad example for others with the will to resist.  

"

Maybe they actually wanted to get help without facing more drastic circumstances.  Why is seeking help such an unreal proposition here?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 12:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"When I was in Kids Helping Kids, there was one adult who chose to stay in the program. I believe his decision to go through the phases had something to do with his parents threatening to disown him if he did not "get help" for his drug use. I remember despising him for legitimizing the program, and I resented him for wasting the most precious gift of all: the ability to get up and walk out the door.

"

Maybe they actually wanted to get help without facing more drastic circumstances.  Why is seeking help such an unreal proposition here?"

Because of whom they're seeking the help from.

Duh. :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 12:52:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Maybe they actually wanted to get help without facing more drastic circumstances.  Why is seeking help such an unreal proposition here?"

I don't care if these adults wanted help. By forfeiting their basic human rights in return for so-called treatment, they made it easier for the people running the program to justify their abusive behavior towards those who could not leave.

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

"

That's because more than likely they were not court ordered but only TOLD that they were.  Hardly anyone was really court ordered.  More lies used to control the inmates."

after my first aqttempt to walk on my 18th birthday, i was threatened to be kept by way of court order.....i knew they could never get one on me though.....i walked two weeks later
EOW  

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 14:57:00, groovy1634 wrote:

"

"

after my first aqttempt to walk on my 18th birthday, i was threatened to be kept by way of court order.....i knew they could never get one on me though.....i walked two weeks later
"

good for you, g! good for you! serious compliment.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 14:57:00, groovy1634 wrote:

"

"

"

I never saw a teen approach his or her 18th birthday and actually stay when the big day arrived. It always left staff looking like deflated fools afterwards--all that posturing and court-order threatening--but the legal adults always left.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
They tricked me. I was on fifth phase about to reach my eighteenth birthday. I guess they figured that I would leave when I became emancipated or something. I'd been there so fucking long and just fukkt around. What more could I have done? I think they thought I was going to leave anyways they kept me there so long. I wasn't really violent anyways, or even a troubled kid, just that my parents were fucking stupid. So, there were about five other or more fifth phasers set to graduate before me. They graduated me on my eighteenth birthday. Not sure if that was more like a present to me or what. But, by that time any newcomer could leave and restraints were forbidden even though we still did them. Noone left even though we'd been told we could. God straight really fucking sucked. So this cat, who was a good friend for a time til he started getting a car and a job and schooling and found himself to be better than me, who was set to graduate before me - his parents pulled him cos Straight refused to graduate him after another month, he was next in line to graduate, too. lOl, I guess. Fuck you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 02:25:00 AM »

"

My court order was for "30 days involuntary".I was 15 yrs old.I was supposed to return to court after 30 days to review my case "to see if there would be further involuntary placement"
I told my oldcommer family and everyone that I expected to go to court,but when the day came,they refused to take me to court.
In my original hearing,where I was placed for the first "30 days involuntary",I explicitly requested to my public defender that I wanted a hearing after 30 days,and I remember him jotting that down in his callender.
Maybe TODAY there is a public record of that in the court house.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 02:27:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 23:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

My court order was for "30 days involuntary".I was 15 yrs old.I was supposed to return to court after 30 days to review my case "to see if there would be further involuntary placement"

I told my oldcommer family and everyone that I expected to go to court,but when the day came,they refused to take me to court.

In my original hearing,where I was placed for the first "30 days involuntary",I explicitly requested to my public defender that I wanted a hearing after 30 days,and I remember him jotting that down in his callender.

Maybe TODAY there is a public record of that in the court house."
:wstupid: I forgot to write above that I DID NOT make a deal to avoid jail time,I was baker acted in to the hospital,then court ordered for 30 days of involuntary placement.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 11:46:00, Ungrateful Bastard wrote:

"

"

I personally was court ordered. My probation officer had me for violation of probation for simple possession of marijuana and yes I did choose "Rehab" over prison time. I would have had a couple years state time for the original offense of "Possession of marijuana with intent to sell....Sell and delivery of marijuana to an undercover agent".....these would have been felonies, however when we got to court the evidence weighed less than an ounce so that got me off of the felony rap. thank god for a good lawyer!!!"

I think assholes like you who pinch bags and short my ounce SHOULD go to prisin!
Be careful who's bag you pinch,because it may be your last!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Adults
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 02:32:00 AM »

"

I think the fact that I was a child in the program is why it sucked.If I had entered the program as an adult,maybe I would have gone along with it,but being abandoned in that place by my family and even my government was very traumatic,even before the physical abuse began.