Author Topic: So sad....  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »
It appears to me they made several mistakes in a row which cost them their lives. Saying it was God taking them home is wishful thinking, trying to put reason into something incomprehensible, yet fairly simple to understand. They walked the wrong direction, and died. If God were really watching over them, he would have led them to safety, not death. I noticed after reading many comments on the memorial page, there were a few SCL parents who made comments about the school not providing enough information and directions to them either, and shouldn't even be telling parents to drive around the mountains in winter. Sad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »
On 2006-04-10 06:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It appears to me they made several mistakes in a row which cost them their lives. Saying it was God taking them home is wishful thinking, trying to put reason into something incomprehensible, yet fairly simple to understand. They walked the wrong direction, and died. If God were really watching over them, he would have led them to safety, not death. I noticed after reading many comments on the memorial page, there were a few SCL parents who made comments about the school not providing enough information and directions to them either, and shouldn't even be telling parents to drive around the mountains in winter. Sad."

You can't blame SCL for giving them wrong directions.  According to the articles written, Niki was an avid map user and had supposedly used an internet map search.  The logging road had a huge sign that said it wasn't maintained during the winter and there was obviously a ton of snow on the road.  No one in Montana would have told her to take that short cut during the winter.  I just think she wanted to avoid all the construction and took what was posted on the map as a shorter route back to Thompson Falls.

Thinking that maybe God had led them back to be with Nick's father is wishful thinking?  Well then, so be it.  I was just agreeing with the writer of the article in hoping maybe that was it even though I know it was just a series of honest mistakes.  If this is what someone chooses to believe to make it feel better, then I think they're entitled to feel that way.  If it helps the family get through this awful thing then I'm all for it.  I, for one, would like to believe that God was with them no matter what choice they made or what road they took.
Despair or folly?  It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.  We do not.  It is wisdom to recognize neccessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false h

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »
I am relaying what I read on the memorial page. There must be a reason by several ex-SCL parents wrote that, it must be for a reason.

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »
Can you link the memorial page please?  I would love to read it.
Despair or folly?  It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.  We do not.  It is wisdom to recognize neccessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false h

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
On 2006-04-09 17:06:00, The Liger wrote:

"I don't think a kid who just got his wisdom teeth pulled out and was feeling sick would try to run.  Especially not in the snow.
"

I am not sure when he had his wisdom teeth pulled, if they put him under a general, or local anesetic?

When I had mine pulled, I had been put totally out (general). There were doctors that wanted to do only a local, since there is less of a chance of something bad happening. But, I didn't want to hear my teeth breaking. It also cost more money to go completely under. Insurance doesn't foot the whole bill.

As far as him not feeling great afterwards....I felt great until a few hours later. You're not thinking real clearly that's for sure! I don't know about everybody else......but I was 25 when I had mine removed! My Auntie came and took total care of me, she insisted on it.

If I were a kid that had to go back to the conditions of WWASPS at Spring Creek Lodge, when I was always used to Mom taking care of me, I might have had a last minute change of heart. I might have resisted. I might have made up an excuse to get her to pull over and for me to get out. Especially if I was not thinking real clearly from the drugs.

All I can say is that I am very sorry for their families. I am sorry for what happened. But, I cannot help but think there is more to this story. If there was gas still in the car, wouldn't a Mother leave the son recovering from his sugery in the car, and go for help????

Something is not adding up here.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Irish Mom

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 12:47:00 PM »
On 2006-04-10 09:29:00, CCM girl 1989 wrote:

"

On 2006-04-09 17:06:00, The Liger wrote:

"I don't think a kid who just got his wisdom teeth pulled out and was feeling sick would try to run.  Especially not in the snow.

"

I am not sure when he had his wisdom teeth pulled, if they put him under a general, or local anesetic?

When I had mine pulled, I had been put totally out (general). There were doctors that wanted to do only a local, since there is less of a chance of something bad happening. But, I didn't want to hear my teeth breaking. It also cost more money to go completely under. Insurance doesn't foot the whole bill.

As far as him not feeling great afterwards....I felt great until a few hours later. You're not thinking real clearly that's for sure! I don't know about everybody else......but I was 25 when I had mine removed! My Auntie came and took total care of me, she insisted on it.

If I were a kid that had to go back to the conditions of WWASPS at Spring Creek Lodge, when I was always used to Mom taking care of me, I might have had a last minute change of heart. I might have resisted. I might have made up an excuse to get her to pull over and for me to get out. Especially if I was not thinking real clearly from the drugs.

All I can say is that I am very sorry for their families. I am sorry for what happened. But, I cannot help but think there is more to this story. If there was gas still in the car, wouldn't a Mother leave the son recovering from his sugery in the car, and go for help????

Something is not adding up here.

"

According to the reports she did leave him to go for help.  Niki was found about 7 miles from the car and Nick was found only a few hundred yards from it.  What I can't understand is why not stay in the car where at least you're protected from the weather a little bit better.  This whole thing makes me ill when I think about it...

Offline StepLeft

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »
Maybe she thought if she went up the mountain she would get a cell signal? Wonder if she had the phone with her.

When she was gone for a long time he went looking for her. Wow I don't even want to think any further. Maybe he found her dead and was trying to get back to the vehicle seeing he was found so close.

How sad.

When I was there someone brought a cell phone in but there was no signal.
ave the kids

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
So sad....
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »
I am sure that they have done some kind of investigation? Please keep us posted.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.