Author Topic: I feel like....................SIT DOWN  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I feel like....................SIT DOWN
« on: October 29, 2002, 04:42:00 PM »
So I was having some fun the other night drinking with a few friends who were in KIDS (late 80's crowd from Canada) and a bunch of people who were not.    Most of the people I know who use to be in the program now are grown up - drink responsibly - have families - real jobs and are enjoying living.

Anyway - one of the non-KIDS people gets up and says something along the lines of "I feel like shit" and all of a sudden two of us yell "Feels like sit down".

Does anyone else remember when Newton walked through the back of group and heard someone say "I feel like a loser" or something like that - then he sat them down with some harsh statement that "Feels like" isn't a real emotion - and within days anyone saying "Feels like" would be sat down.

There was even a time where saying "Feels Like" would disearn you talk privilidges with your parents.

Well aside from the fact we laughed our asses off that night because we thought it through was funny - the best comment came from a friend who made the comment that one day Newton would learn "how it feels like to have a 60-grit sandpaper condem ravage his punk ass".

Not terribly mature for adults - but hell - we all laughed that night.

Despite all the craziness - abuse - torture - I hope others can sometimes look back and laugh at some of what we did to survive that place.

I personally remember some people who were funny as shit when they were rebellious.

D*m*en (or something like that) grabbing the watch from the oldcommers station and hiding it was classic.

There was a time when L*uis A*r*b*tta (who's mother was always yelling at him in open meeting for not wearing his glasses - like that justified sticking your kid in that hellhole) got stuck with someone elses glasses on his face and he was trying to take them off or say that they weren't his and everyone around him kept slapping them on his face.

Also P*est*n could be pretty damn funny when he was rebellious.

Funny stuff happens even in awful places.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2002, 07:18:00 PM »
It does feel good to laugh about some of the shit in there. I live with someone from the program and we do stupid stuff at times for kicks.He`ll go to the door and raise his hand and I ask him where he`s going before he can leave.And the "feel like" thing was drilled into so many of our minds at one point, I still correct myself

Any way thanks for the laugh !

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2002, 03:18:00 PM »
I was there in the late 80's also.  I remember the people and yes, sometimes I have to laugh at the idiotic events of everyday life in that damn warehouse. Life is a million miles away from that now, thank myself for that. One thing though that I can never laugh about ever was...the disgusting roast beef they used to serve. Seriously, did that meat come from a cow or was it some other unidentified four legged animaL?  And the salads?  Please it was more like a leaf than a salad.

Offline scottbomb

• View Profile
    • http://www.scottbomb.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2002, 08:25:00 PM »
El Paso must have had the same food supplier. Our roast beef was nasty too. It had an eerie color to it. The juices exhibited a rainbow-like color similar to what you'd see in oil on water.
ww.scottbomb.com

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2002, 09:41:00 AM »
I'm dying to know who all you were out drinking with.
I probably know each & every one, more intimately than I'd ever hoped...

And I remember the days fearing a simile.  Heaven forbid you use a phrase that Newton doesn't like...

What got me was the overal prepndancy for everyone there to go insane with knee-jerk reactions to whatever issue came along that day/month/week.  
Shortly after I arrived from EP, it was food.  And everyone was all anal-paranoid about having some food mishap...  
And here I am this 'freak' guy foodie having everyone fawn over me.  
Bleah.
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 03:37:00 PM »
Well John, you foodies had it worse then even the rest of us with the food.   I sat next to you and some of the other male foodies and I remember seeing you guys get your "protein" in the form of a 6 inch stack of processed cheese slices that were soaked in cold beet juice so much that the cheese was red.

That having having to check your plates to make sure you didn't accidently 'nick' your apple core showing of course you were trying to eat too much of the apple or not getting close enough showing you were trying to not eat all the apple.

What a fucking nightmare - if you want someone to develop a serious problem with food - that was the formula for it.

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2002, 10:00:00 AM »
Yeah.  The 6" stack of cheeze was nowhere near as bad as the 6" stack of horrid liverwurst on mangled bread with no mustard to provide for flavor...
And I actually like liverwurst!!!!

It blows my mind to think about how obsessive all the non-foodies were about the foodies' food.  
Just another distraction to avoid the miserable reality we were subjected to....
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat

Offline stewball

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 11:41:00 PM »
:em: i am trying to figure out how kids was related to straight- did it come before or after- were the same people responsible? my brother was in straight inc., and i had to go to these damn sibling "raps" they called them- what they really were were mental torture sessions- but i know that "kids" had some connection just because of what i have gathered so far- does anyone know and if so - talk to me - reading this stuff brought it all back all of a sudden and  i am about to explode- i had to go and put up with that shit every friday night (straight springfield va) for 7 hours-drive with my mom back home to baltimore (1.5 hours) and then get up the next morning and, instead of watching bugs bunny and roadrunner, which was about the only drug i was on at the time- i had to go to sibling rap again for another 4-5 hours and then on monday again with the open meeting and sibling rap crap for another 7 hours or so sometimes until 2 am on a school night- getting home at 3-4 in the am--thats real constructive- that place litally drove me to drink. i probably would never have even thought about any substance experimentation if they hadn't gotten my curiosity churning- i figured anything that they thought was bad must be good- i don't drink ect.. now but i am really surprised that i don't considering all that bs. i am so glad it is over i never thought it would be- he was in that place for 2+ yrs what an entirely F***ed up place that was.

Offline gagesteele

• View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/AmitySchool/
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2002, 12:41:00 AM »
I saw this when I was researching the genealogy of CEDU and how it is related to Straight:  Amity School Founding Class, 1988
ara
Amity School Founding Class, 1988

Offline stewball

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2002, 12:26:00 AM »
thank you

Offline stewball

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2002, 05:29:00 PM »
the fact that this whole thing evolved from a church is pretty funny -actually in a sad - ironic sort of way -

Offline Lai

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2002, 01:58:00 PM »
Hey, this question is for all you 80-90's crowds, is it really true that there were suicide attempts where kids/teens would get up on their blue plastic chairs and dive headfirst to the floor to commit suicide?  I remember people even staff mentioning this when I was there.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2002, 10:29:00 PM »
::bangin::  I was there from 86-91 and never remember that. If anything that place drove people so insane you just start to act desprate and do really insane things ! I do remember people banging there heads on the floor while being restrained.It`s such a trapped feeling being restrained !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And especially if your being restrained by someone who does not really like you...they would make it hurt more. That was some bad shit that went on in their. :exclaim: