Author Topic: how about some sensible topics  (Read 2245 times)

Offline coco

• View Profile
how about some sensible topics
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
and stop dragging all the old threads back up. And I don't know about the rest of you, but the latest posts on this site are really pathetic. Serb, blownaway, Roy, antigen, mikehunt?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 05:37:00 PM »
since youre so much better than the rest of us why dont you type something meaningful

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Of course most of the recent posters are probably having a good time---I get the sense they aren't into nostalgia so much, maybe some of them think it's a medicine or a disease

Whole tone of the site is very Jerry-Springerish right now.  Well for people who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like

Never thought I'd say I was "nostalgic" for Serb, Bryan Shanlea and a bunch more

Even mean-spirited kind-of-insane debate is better than this

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
you hit the nail on the head - very Jerry Springerish.  Very tacky. Let's get something better going okay gang?

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »
i'm with you on this one...
what do you think we should discuss?
aura solomon

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »
A couple of months ago I learned about an incident involving staff (Sutton) licking the face of one of the kids. What brought this incident about? I remember When this staff was new I got along ok with him and his wife and I worked closely with him. Am I surprised to hear that he licked a kids face? No, not really, that place had such strange occurances that I'll bet he thought it was a good idea at the time, for some reason only explainable by someone who works for one of these places. That the incident does indeed sound very irreverent and out of place in the "real" world is Oh so typical of what it is we are talking about, and in some cases, still dealing with.

About being made to lie in a coffin like thing or in any way to make pretend that you are dead or dying, the simulation thereof, replete with dirt being used for a burial like ritual also does not sound totally out there as far as the program was concerned. There are elements of this as part of the Summit and (I'm not defending it, just stating the fact) that is a valid form of "rebirth", changing,...transformation and it is found throughout the world in different manifestations. But the ringer is this: if it has to do with spiritual change or all those selfsame positive outcomes that THE PERSON would expect afterwards, it is a matter of choice. When it is not a matter of choice it something else entirely: spiritual homicide.

You agreed that you needed it all. How much of the program focused on just this. You agreed. You Comply. You lose your central identity. It is a beautiful thing, you are told. The entire context of what the program was striving to do was based on the idea of Choice. It is misnomer, and it was false.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
Thanks Blownaway,  I do enjoy and appreciate your narratives of your CEDU journey.  I hope you are putting your writing skills to good use in the real world.  

What was your experience with the I and Me, and the Summit?

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »
Scary, and freaky.
Magical and bizarre.
Physical and emotional.
Head games and anarchy.

I'm not really there yet. I'm trying to remember the Truth. Even though it is the most simple consisting of a long grueling rap, the first confession (disclosure) circle, and some subtle imprinting of self blame, the chrome ball and pendulum conversations- that's pretty much it.

The later workshops and multi-day affairs need much more meditation and thought. It's daunting but I expect in three or four months I'll be ready to explore these sophisticated workshops and their complimentary ramifications to put pen to paper with an explanation of WHAT HAPPENED.

This brings me to another subject though.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »
In exploring all of this again and kicking it up, rehashing memories of 'ol, I must ask myself what it is that is still effecting and bothering me- in some places in my psyche, to my core?
I won't say I got nothing out of the program. Even people who have been falsly imprisoned for long terms profess in their aquitals that Jail helped them with many important ascpects of their humanity. I site Martha. Often inmates find god, I have the distinct impression that the Lord must actually frequent these places of incarceration at the rate his influence grows there. So, I know for sure that there is silver lining. I have to. Or what?

There was a lot of breaking down and not a lot of building up. For a sensative YOUNG kid like I was, the program was completly over my head, and even at the time I used the word "convert" in my journal, in descriptin of my circumstances.
When I was converted, sometime later in the program, all there now was was a kid who endured endless confusion and depression already. It was a necessary evil. It was Here Forever at that point. Leaving seemed an impossibility without the independent self I had brought there, and I didn't any longer know where he was.

I strongly believe that it was with the acceptance of the program that my future problems were born. Not Denial, as the fanatics will surely lament.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
Blown, Read my post on the "holla at you boys" thread. It sheads light from a different perspective - that of a therapist married to a staff convert and skille lost after the incarceration at CEDU - I know you and you know me but let's keep that our little secret.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
On 2005-03-25 12:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Blown, Read my post on the "holla at you boys" thread. It sheads light from a different perspective - that of a therapist married to a staff convert and skille lost after the incarceration at CEDU - I know you and you know me but let's keep that our little secret."

Where did You go? Contact me.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 01:37:00 AM »
where are the ex staff?
i want to hear from you. Get an identity and register.
cajones!
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
today.
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
::bump::

today, i'm learning how to love (suck) myself.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange