Author Topic: A Negative Experience  (Read 20392 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »
On 2006-04-09 16:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I would like to see a list of staff who have "devoted their lives" to the kids?  I would like to see some of these names other than the close knit family and extended family of Joe Gauld who are in it for the money and the fact that they can't succeed in anything else.  Give us some names of some morally correct and emotionally stable staff at Hyde who have been there for years.  PLEASE!!"

There's a big difference between "devoted their lives to Hyde" and "emotionally stable."  Based on my extensive involvement with Hyde, I'd say that there are a number of people who have devoted their lives to the school and aren't married into the Gauld family (examples: Pam Bertschy, Donna Dubinsky, Bob Felt, Charles Fraser, Pete Gregory, Tom Lord, Mickey McGuire, Rose Mulligan, Dan Murphy, Pete Neal, John Rigney, Rich Truluck, Jason Warnick).  A few seem like fairly reasonable people.  Quite a few, however, seem to use Hyde as a crutch as a way to deal with their own major demons and challenges in life.  I'm not sure some of these people could make it outside of Hyde.  Hyde tells them how to think, how to talk, how to behave.  All they have to do is fill in the blanks.  I like a few of the Hyde people who have devoted their lives to the place.  But I find many of the staff to be fairly stunted emotionally, immature, power hungry, glib, and very insecure. Hyde gives them the fuel they need to function.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »
i am not alone

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 12:22:00 PM »
On 2006-04-09 17:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"I would like to see a list of staff who have "devoted their lives" to the kids?  I would like to see some of these names other than the close knit family and extended family of Joe Gauld who are in it for the money and the fact that they can't succeed in anything else.  Give us some names of some morally correct and emotionally stable staff at Hyde who have been there for years.  PLEASE!!"

There's a big difference between "devoted their lives to Hyde" and "emotionally stable."  Based on my extensive involvement with Hyde, I'd say that there are a number of people who have devoted their lives to the school and aren't married into the Gauld family (examples: Pam Bertschy, Donna Dubinsky, Bob Felt, Charles Fraser, Pete Gregory, Tom Lord, Mickey McGuire, Rose Mulligan, Dan Murphy, Pete Neal, John Rigney, Rich Truluck, Jason Warnick).  A few seem like fairly reasonable people.  Quite a few, however, seem to use Hyde as a crutch as a way to deal with their own major demons and challenges in life.  I'm not sure some of these people could make it outside of Hyde.  Hyde tells them how to think, how to talk, how to behave.  All they have to do is fill in the blanks.  I like a few of the Hyde people who have devoted their lives to the place.  But I find many of the staff to be fairly stunted emotionally, immature, power hungry, glib, and very insecure. Hyde gives them the fuel they need to function.  "

Wow, mentioning all these names is opening a big can of worms.  Hate to mention what I know about some of these names, but lets just say that you have listed many who are there only because they need heavy psychological counseling themselves. You have someone on this list who slides through Hyde only because he needs a job and needs to support a big family. Why does his family not participate at Hyde?  Ever ask yourself that?

You have another couple of staff who went to Hyde themselves yet after 30 or more years are emotionally stuck back in time. They even dress alike, wear their hair the same and are all overweight. You also have a couple of kids on the list whose lives have been messed up since the day they went to Hyde themselves. They can't seem to move on after all those years of Hyde seminars.  I see one family on the list whose son went to Hyde and now teaches at Hyde.  The parents were on the Hyde staff then moved away to try to make a go of the career they were educated in, yet now they are all back. It is a form of therapy for them. Do you really think they came back because of a calling in life or more that they can't get along in a normal environment.  Very sad.  They are nice people but definitely need the type of therapy that Hyde can't provide.

For those of you who question what a normal environment is, Hyde is definitely not it.  It is a communal environment with a lot of dysfunctional staff, teachers, and alumni parents.  I do not know all of the people on this list as I was only there for 2 years, but don't kid yourself about these people being there to help.  I like some of them and they are decent people, but the truth is they are there because they need the therapy.

The most important question is, DO YOU WANT TO PAY $35,000++ to be taught by these role models?  It isn't as though your children are getting good educations from Hyde because the school itself is very lax in education.

This is one persons opinion.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »
On 2006-04-12 09:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

There's a big difference between "devoted their lives to Hyde" and "emotionally stable."  Based on my extensive involvement with Hyde, I'd say that there are a number of people who have devoted their lives to the school and aren't married into the Gauld family (examples: Pam Bertschy, Donna Dubinsky, Bob Felt, Charles Fraser, Pete Gregory, Tom Lord, Mickey McGuire, Rose Mulligan, Dan Murphy, Pete Neal, John Rigney, Rich Truluck, Jason Warnick).  A few seem like fairly reasonable people.  Quite a few, however, seem to use Hyde as a crutch as a way to deal with their own major demons and challenges in life.  I'm not sure some of these people could make it outside of Hyde.  Hyde tells them how to think, how to talk, how to behave.  All they have to do is fill in the blanks.  I like a few of the Hyde people who have devoted their lives to the place.  But I find many of the staff to be fairly stunted emotionally, immature, power hungry, glib, and very insecure. Hyde gives them the fuel they need to function.  "

Wow, mentioning all these names is opening a big can of worms.  Hate to mention what I know about some of these names, but lets just say that you have listed many who are there only because they need heavy psychological counseling themselves. You have someone on this list who slides through Hyde only because he needs a job and needs to support a big family. Why does his family not participate at Hyde?  Ever ask yourself that?

You have another couple of staff who went to Hyde themselves yet after 30 or more years are emotionally stuck back in time. They even dress alike, wear their hair the same and are all overweight. You also have a couple of kids on the list whose lives have been messed up since the day they went to Hyde themselves. They can't seem to move on after all those years of Hyde seminars.  I see one family on the list whose son went to Hyde and now teaches at Hyde.  The parents were on the Hyde staff then moved away to try to make a go of the career they were educated in, yet now they are all back. It is a form of therapy for them. Do you really think they came back because of a calling in life or more that they can't get along in a normal environment.  Very sad.  They are nice people but definitely need the type of therapy that Hyde can't provide.

For those of you who question what a normal environment is, Hyde is definitely not it.  It is a communal environment with a lot of dysfunctional staff, teachers, and alumni parents.  I do not know all of the people on this list as I was only there for 2 years, but don't kid yourself about these people being there to help.  I like some of them and they are decent people, but the truth is they are there because they need the therapy.

The most important question is, DO YOU WANT TO PAY $35,000++ to be taught by these role models?  It isn't as though your children are getting good educations from Hyde because the school itself is very lax in education.

This is one persons opinion. "

Sounds like you have a lot of insight into the staff at Hyde School. Sure doesn't sound like they have good role models teaching there.  I have previously seen other boarding schools recommended on this site.  Probably best to look into those rather than Hyde School. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »
On 2006-04-12 21:15:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-12 09:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

This is one persons opinion. "

Sounds like you have a lot of insight into the staff at Hyde School. Sure doesn't sound like they have good role models teaching there.  I have previously seen other boarding schools recommended on this site.  Probably best to look into those rather than Hyde School. Thanks for sharing."

There are quite a few Hyde staff who definitely are not good role models.  I've found a few staff who are decent, kind, caring people, but too many of the Hyde staff do not set good examples.  I no longer want my child exposed to the hypocrisy I see at Hyde.  You're right to point parents to other schools.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »
Hi Could you tell me what school you found for your daughter, I was considering Hyde, but after reading this I am rethinking, and looking for something else for my daughter.  Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2006, 05:31:00 PM »
I've been reading all these posts and I truly appreciate everyone's insight.
Even though there are "Tons" of negative comments, our family decided to schedule an interview, we chose Woodstock.  Our experience was incredibly enlightening, our interviewer really was able to grasp where we were as a family and what steps needed to be taken.  our twin daughters plan to attend the summer program.  We are very, very excited.  And so are our girls.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2006, 05:35:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 14:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I've been reading all these posts and I truly appreciate everyone's insight.

Even though there are "Tons" of negative comments, our family decided to schedule an interview, we chose Woodstock.  Our experience was incredibly enlightening, our interviewer really was able to grasp where we were as a family and what steps needed to be taken.  our twin daughters plan to attend the summer program.  We are very, very excited.  And so are our girls."

Just out of curiousity, do you have the word "SUCKER" tattooed on your forehead?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 14:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/CounselingPrograms.aspx"

just kidding

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »

Why would you post this, The Who?  What is your motivation for promoting an abusive facility on a thread that has nothing to do with HLA?

For anyone who doesn't know this person, he is The Who, supporter of all programs, especially abusive ones.

Who, you're behavior is deplorable.  Don't think you can hide behind the bag either.  Remember your idea of "tagging" anon posts?  Well, you're the test case.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 14:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Why would you post this, The Who?  What is your motivation for promoting an abusive facility on a thread that has nothing to do with HLA?

For anyone who doesn't know this person, he is The Who, supporter of all programs, especially abusive ones.

Who, you're behavior is deplorable.  Don't think you can hide behind the bag either.  Remember your idea of "tagging" anon posts?  Well, you're the test case."

Too funny, Dysfunction Junction don?t be so insecure, I am not attacking you!!  If you really think it was my post, and it will help you sleep, ask Ginger to check it out and send you a Private Message.  

p.s. whoops, you forgot to login again, those tags would be nice I agree.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

Even though there are "Tons" of negative comments, our family decided to schedule an interview, we chose Woodstock.  Our experience was incredibly enlightening, our interviewer really was able to grasp where we were as a family and what steps needed to be taken.  our twin daughters plan to attend the summer program.  We are very, very excited.  And so are our girls."

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.  We were also impressed at the beginning and our child had a good summer experience.  Only after that did we discover the REAL Hyde.  Summer Challenge is Hyde "lite."  The real bad stuff started in september.  Get ready to be confronted if you don't spill lots of personal details about your family dysfunction.  Get ready for staff to fill your heads with lots of Hyde terminology.  Get ready to meet kids who have big struggles that Hyde won't address.  Get ready for the Joe Gauld sermons.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2006, 10:15:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 14:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Who, you're behavior is deplorable.  Don't think you can hide behind the bag either.  Remember your idea of "tagging" anon posts?  Well, you're the test case."

They asked what school I was sending my child to.  Hidden lake seems so much nicer that hyde. I like the in house electro shock.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A Negative Experience
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 14:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Just out of curiousity, do you have the word "SUCKER" tattooed on your forehead?"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: