Author Topic: Looking for Ex-Synanon Members?  (Read 38953 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Looking for Ex-Synanon Members?
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:38:23 PM by Anonymous »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2011, 04:56:31 PM »
Wayne, the real Danny has not posted in this thread yet. Look at the joined dates and the number of posts.
But you already knew that, didn't you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:38:06 PM by Anonymous »

Offline kendallbrin

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
Im looking for other ex Synanon members. I was in California at the Ranch during 1978-79.  I was 13-14 years old. My name is Lisa. I was able to get two other teens out, Dehlia and Lynn. Names I remember are Linda Favre, Elizabeth, Petra, Della, Beth, Dehlia and Lynn. If youre out there and you were in Synanon during those years, please contact me. I want to fill in the missing pieces. [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:17:06 PM by kendallbrin »

Offline kendallbrin

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Yes, that is where we are "hanging out". Some are reliving their fond memories and getting reacquainted, while others (me) are trying to figure out what the hell happened to us (I was a kid), why it happened, and dealing with the trauma with those who experienced the same abuse, at the same time at the same place. I appreciate that it is not open to the public, I don't need or want the whole world knowing the hell I lived in and how it could have f*cked up my entire life if I let it.

It's kind of like support groups, you shouldn't join if you didn't have the same experience ex: rape counseling, battered wife syndrome, alcoholism.etc.... There might even be a ton of support groups for kids who have survived all the different schools and camps and even then you would find that those who went to the same school would congregate towards each other. The Synanon site is no exception. It's the umbrella and we all have our different ways within it.
It's not hard to log on to the official Synanon site. It might be the best way to find each other.

Offline kendallbrin

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 04:21:59 PM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Tell me anyone, if you can't remember where you lived when you were 11?
It's not like being in the womb. Where did you go to the 6th grade? Some coincidence to move back to the same town decades later.
I was taken to Synanon when I was 13. I had no idea where I was, only that my flight was from Las Vegas to California. Youre completely void of contact with the outside world.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
kendallbrin,
Thanks for posting. I was in a off-shoot program called Marathon House. Joe Geranamo was our Director and he was very familiar with folks from Synanon. Joe was actually connected with Daytop prior to his employment with Marathon House.
I have not had any success finding anyone (residents or employees) that went to Marathon House in Rhode island.  
I was 14 when I was sent to this facility.
Good luck with your search.

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
o What