Author Topic: WWASPS Mother and Daughter Book  (Read 7751 times)

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
WWASPS Mother and Daughter Book
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Nihilanthic""
To anyone who is even thinking of reading this book, I'll save you the money with this jacket summary:

Mom was a total psycho, daughter was sexually abused and in a lot of pain. Mom gave daughter to the Gestapo and went to a much gentler therapeutic thing herself. After lots of money and even more abuse, daughter seems to have come out ok IN SPITE of the program. Hard to tell where Mom's head is really at today, but she's probably still a psycho, just a more educated psycho.

The only positive about the book is the appreciation you get for how strong the daughter is -- and how lucky to come out of it with her sanity.

What a wonderful lifetime movie.

Too bad people will use this to try to rationalize programming.

So let me get this straight (no pun intended, I assure you):

Come out fucked up, it's the program's fault (even if you were there for only a week or two). Come out functioning in any acceptable way, and it's in spite of the program. Come out with flying colors and it's truly a fluke. Give the program credit for anything and you're obviously brain washed. Good thing logic isn't a prerequisite for your version of reality.

First of all who is ever sent to these programs for just a week or two? Second of all let's say they were......you tell me how you would feel if you were kidnapped in the middle of the night not knowing where you were going only to get there to face a great deal of shock of where you ended up.

I have said it before, and I will say it again. When it comes to treatment it's not a one size fits all kind of deal. There is not enough good staff, there is not enough trained staff, there is not enough staff period. Some kids make it out okay, but a lot don't. I don't agree with how these programs are set up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 05:50:18 PM »
To anyone who is even thinking of reading this book, I'll save you the money with this jacket summary:

Mom was a total psycho, daughter was sexually abused and in a lot of pain. Mom gave daughter to the Gestapo and went to a much gentler therapeutic thing herself. After lots of money and even more abuse, daughter seems to have come out ok IN SPITE of the program. Hard to tell where Mom's head is really at today, but she's probably still a psycho, just a more educated psycho.

The only positive about the book is the appreciation you get for how strong the daughter is -- and how lucky to come out of it with her sanity.

Come out fucked up, it's the program's fault (even if you were there for only a week or two). Come out functioning in any acceptable way, and it's in spite of the program. Come out with flying colors and it's truly a fluke. Give the program credit for anything and you're obviously brain washed. Good thing logic isn't a prerequisite for your version of reality.

Have you been inside a WWASP seminar watching a 'rape re-enactment'? I have, although I wish I hadn't seen it. I lost my hope in humanity that day. They held down a girl crying, screaming and kicking while the facilitator stood over her screaming 'WHY DID YOU LET YOURSELF GET RAPED!?".

Now, in your reality, wherever that might be, this is considered therapeutic. For those of us who have lived it, watched friends descend into chaos and suicide after leaving after these types of events, know what really goes on.

You are a sick individual. You know how I know that? Because even though I hate you and everyone who supports these programs, I would NEVER do the things you did to me when I was locked away at WWASPS. We are better than you people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 11:27:53 PM »

Have you been inside a WWASP seminar watching a 'rape re-enactment'? I have, although I wish I hadn't seen it. I lost my hope in humanity that day. They held down a girl crying, screaming and kicking while the facilitator stood over her screaming 'WHY DID YOU LET YOURSELF GET RAPED!?".

Now, in your reality, wherever that might be, this is considered therapeutic. For those of us who have lived it, watched friends descend into chaos and suicide after leaving after these types of events, know what really goes on.

You are a sick individual. You know how I know that? Because even though I hate you and everyone who supports these programs, I would NEVER do the things you did to me when I was locked away at WWASPS. We are better than you people.

That does raise a few points.

Why does wwasps not ever let on what goes in until after you're either under their control (the kid) or too 'committed' to think lightly of pulling out (the parent)? Why do the use manipulative LGATs and claim them to be therapy?

Why do they when pressed say they dont do therapy, they do "Behavior Modification" and "emotional growth" and spew "Accountability" everywhere, but cant define any of those terms except accountability as the child being basically a slave?

Why all the secrecy, bullshit, and absolutely no schooling or therapy, but plenty of abuse, culty nonsense, and basically just weird, psycho-bullshit that got debunked decades ago, WWASPS?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2006, 01:39:50 AM »

I suspect you are one of those charming people who believes anything that doesn't kill us makes us stronger. I concede that in some twisted scheme of logic (your version of reality?) the act of forcing someone to lie face down on the floor for several days, or spending months in solitary confinement might have "therapeutic value."

For you and others who are intrigued by this kind of therapy, I highly recommend "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. He was a WWII concentration camp survivor who not only found existential meaning and a reason to live, but he even founded a new form of psychotherapy as a result of his experiences at the hands of his Nazi tormenters. Despite his emergence from that horror with a relatively healthy mind and spirit, he did not actually recommended the concentration camp experience as a means of achieving emotional or spiritual growth. Seeing his wife and parents murdered might've put a damper on the "therapeutic" aspects of the experience for him.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2006, 05:00:47 PM »
You are a sick individual. You know how I know that? Because even though I hate you and everyone who supports these programs, I would NEVER do the things you did to me when I was locked away at WWASPS. We are better than you people.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I'm not.  I came out 'with flying colors' by managing to stay as far under the radar as possible-knowing my parents weren't going to take me home for any reason.  I'm the one who then used them to get a college education, and now have a family and a pretty good job-and no contact with my parents.  But I still have some pretty bad memories of that place-and have spent the last years getting myself in rock-hard shape and a black belt from a full-contact dojo.  NOTHING would give me greater pleasure than to be locked in a room with either of the LItchfields, Finlayson. Darrington, Goulding, either Pullen, either Kay, etc. (or even any two of them!) for about 15 minutes.  Or any of about a hundred other modern incarnations of SS camp guards.  For the legal record, this is NOT a threat, and I'm not going to go stalking them, or anywhere near any of their private concentration camps.  But if I should ever happen to see-in the middle of the night, two men trying to kidnap a struggling, handcuffed teenager, well-as a good citizen I'd just have to get involved, wouldn't I?  How would I know that it was parentally approved and arranged for?  I wouldn't-and it may not be. How many kids have been snatched up and raped/murdered lately? I'd just be trying to stop such a tragedy. And I'd love to see how the papers handled the parents in that case too-wouldn't you?

Survivor of SCL

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2006, 05:58:12 PM »
I sure wish you guys would register. I hate trying to guess who is actually talking and has already posted.

Register a username, please!!!
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2006, 12:48:56 PM »
It's 001010. Not that hard.  :wink:

*passes*
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2006, 11:31:35 AM »

Okay, suppose I open a "Program" and my method to "cure" troubled teens is to lock put them in a barracks at night, and in a big, enclosed park during the day, and treat them well, other than locking them in and giving them a hit of LSD first thing in the morning every morning.

If they come out fucked up, yeah, it's probably the acid.

If they come out functioning in any acceptable way, and it's probably despite the acid.

If they come out doing just peachy keen great, and it's probably truly a fluke.

Give a hit of acid each morning credit for anything and you'd have to be brainwashed or stupid.

No violation of logic there.  All I had to do to get that pattern of results was put together a hypothetical lousy, harmful "treatment."

You have the nerve to criticize other people's logic?  You obviously couldn't reason your way out of a paper bag.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2006, 11:39:54 AM »
Wow, sorry for the bad phrasing.  Should have proofed it before I sent it.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2006, 01:16:53 PM »
The only positive about the book is the appreciation you get for how strong the daughter is -- and how lucky to come out of it with her sanity.[/quote]

Well, so far, at least.  That book was written in a "post-coital" rosy glow.  I would like to see how the girl is in about five years.

Once again the parent screws up her kid and its the kid who gets punished! :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2006, 04:29:54 PM »

Well, so far, at least.  That book was written in a "post-coital" rosy glow.  I would like to see how the girl is in about five years.

Once again the parent screws up her kid and its the kid who gets punished! :roll:[/quote]

Why bother checking? If she's doing fine, it's a fluke. If she's a mess, it's the program's fault. What happened, did you forget the party line?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2006, 10:02:15 PM »
::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::troll::  ::bangin::

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2006, 12:58:21 PM »
Kids that come out of these places, are more often then not, more screwed up then when they went in there. That is because when they went in there maybe they were having some minor, or more serious problems depending on the child, and instead of their parents dealing with it themselves (I guess they can't be bothered?), they shipped them off to these programs. So, while at these places....the tactics of tough love whip them into a compliant state of mind. Great, and when they start behaiving themselves (not dealing with what caused these behaivors to start) then they are released back to the parents.

Great, except for the fact they are returned to their homes walking on eggshells, afraid to have an opinion or arguement with their parents for fear of being sent back to these awful places. So, now they deep down inside dislike their parents for what they did to them, and all the shit they went through at the hands of the staff in these programs. All the while trying to tell their parents, and their parents chalking it up to manipulation. Because that's what the program tells these parents to expect right? Don't believe your child they are just trying to manipulate you. Uh, wrong!!! They are more often then not telling you the honest to god truth. So now you have a child who doesn't trust their parents, and has abandoment issues to boot. Not to mention the trauma of being locked away in one of these places. Great job Mom and Dad! Do us all a favor and don't have anymore kids. We don't need anymore screwed up teenagers in this world because your lack of parenting. While your at it, get yourself into therapy. Your the one more often then not that needs it. Learn the tools of communication, and use them.

So Trollie.........do me a favor and shut that hole of yours. You don't know what your talking about.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2006, 01:12:55 PM »

Ok, I'll biteOMG you are so right!  John McCain spent years in a POW camp being tortured.  He came out of it not only functiioning but with "flying colors"!  My god he was/is even a presidential candidate now.  I guess we should give the program, er, POW camp credit! Your logic dictates that being in a POW camp and being tortured was a good thing!  If you have $40,000 I will be happy to put you in my POW camp and you too can be a presidential candidate!
email me privately at [email protected] ::bwahaha::

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2006, 01:24:05 PM »
Ok, I'll biteOMG you are so right!  John McCain spent years in a POW camp being tortured.  He came out of it not only functiioning but with "flying colors"!  My god he was/is even a presidential candidate now.  I guess we should give the program, er, POW camp credit! Your logic dictates that being in a POW camp and being tortured was a good thing!  If you have $40,000 I will be happy to put you in my POW camp and you too can be a presidential candidate!
email me privately at [email protected] ::bwahaha::

:rofl:  :rofl:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa